Interesting articleish thingy I found by accident.

CaptainAmerica

The line about everything being scripted, including street performers, is inaccurate. Citizens of Hollywood and the like are doing real improv comedy. The set-ups are scripted but that's about it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So if Disney didn't want you to know Walts plane was back stage, why were they constantly pointing it out to you on the backstage tour......

Just another recycled promo piece for the most part.

Tom

Beta Return
The music does indeed turn off. I've been outside the MK turnstiles after close and all of the MSUSA and entry music was turned off when they closed the gates behind me.

raven

Well it's no secret that the person who wrote this article was a CM but not a very knowledgeable one.

1. Music shuts off around 1am and turns back on around 7am unless the park hours go between those times.

6. No selfies backstage? I see management CMs post them on their Facebook page all the time.

8. Disney "police?" I think they mean Orange Co.

10. If costumes are not returned they don't hold your pay, they threaten your rehire status.

14. You can see Team Disney, the Casting Center and Downtown Disney from I-4.

16. Cell tower in DAK? Yes. But that photo is from DisneyLAND.

25. The land that is now WDW wasn't ALL originally swamps.

30. Lightning rods are located everywhere all over property. Just check out those metal spikes on top of roofs and structures.

Cmdr_Crimson

Just another recycled promo piece for the most part.

It's still interesting on how they landed it on World Drive..
05042011N234MM3.jpg

How the inside looked before it was gutted..
05042011N234MM2.jpg

Picture of the N234MM On World Drive...
05042011N234MM4.jpg

Goofyernmost

Well it's no secret that the person who wrote this article was a CM but not a very knowledgeable one.

25. The land that is now WDW wasn't ALL originally swamps.
True but the water table is extremely high and going downward would be a very damp experience for the most part. Also, Walt was dead, he didn't put utilidors anyplace. He might have made the suggestion years before when he was upset about costumed CM's moving across the wrong lands became obvious, however, except for concept and approval of a duplicate, more or less, Disneyland in Florida... Roy or the Imagineers did the structural planning, not Walt.

Just a comment on the Pin 'Trade situation. When I was at WDW in February, I heard more then one "guest" ask a CM if they had any Pins to trade. The answer was no to both the encounters I witnessed. Perhaps the PT craze is starting to slow to a merciful stop.

Victor Kelly

Original Poster
A very interesting fact is that there was a STOL airport east of the main MK parking lot, and south of the Wilderness lodge.

Victor Kelly

Original Poster
True but the water table is extremely high and going downward would be a very damp experience for the most part. Also, Walt was dead, he didn't put utilidors anyplace. He might have made the suggestion years before when he was upset about costumed CM's moving across the wrong lands became obvious, however, except for concept and approval of a duplicate, more or less, Disneyland in Florida... Roy or the Imagineers did the structural planning, not Walt.

Just a comment on the Pin 'Trade situation. When I was at WDW in February, I heard more then one "guest" ask a CM if they had any Pins to trade. The answer was no to both the encounters I witnessed. Perhaps the PT craze is starting to slow to a merciful stop.

Actually when we were there in January I noticed that there were less pin kiosks around, but they were still there. And I am glad, because,:in pain:, started collecting pins because they no longer sell shotglasses.

Goofyernmost

This would have been nice for One Man's Dream...
Exactly, and I'll bet there is room for it to connect. Let's go on a hunger strike until they decide to do it. Or hold our breath until we turn blue. Then they will be forced to do it.

That is actually what I was hoping they would do with the remaining sound stage, but Toy Story seems to have won out. They aren't doing anything with the animation building, maybe there.

Cmdr_Crimson

Exactly, and I'll bet there is room for it to connect. Let's go on a hunger strike until they decide to do it. Or hold our breath until we turn blue. Then they will be forced to do it.

That is actually what I was hoping they would do with the remaining sound stage, but Toy Story seems to have won out. They aren't doing anything with the animation building, maybe there.

Wouldn't the Narnia/Jack Sparrow Sound stage fit it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom