Interaction tips for Baymax, Chip n Dale and Rafiki?

kleo!

Original Poster
Hello to all! In less than a month, I'm heading over to Disney World! I've only been once, two years ago. Such a magical time. One thing I've always seemed to be terrible at is interacting with characters. I'm SUPER shy and SUPER awkward. Does anyone have any tips on interacting with Baymax, Chip n Dale and Rafiki? It'll be a big help! Thank you.
(Also, don't judge me please, what's your opinion on kissing characters on the nose?)
Where do I meet Baymax? Is he with the other characters like Mickey at Epcot Character Spot or is he somewhere else? How long is the wait time?

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

My daughter brought a Simba stuffed animal with her and Rafiki made a huge deal out of it :)
10805562_844876598885466_5914304328431881691_n.jpg

yaksplat

Here are my boys with chip and dale for an extended amount of time. Their handler practically had to drag chip 'an dale away.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think you should do what feels natural ( within the scope of being legal). This goes for pretty much anything in life. Over thinking things just causes more anxiety.

Pixie VaVoom

I almost got booted out of the park for harassing a chipmink. i work as a med tech at a big city hospital and hubs and I went to Animal kingdom about 16 months ago. I have always LOVED Chip and Dale, so I waited in line for hubby to snap a pix with them for me. i am trying to eat more "atkins-ish", so I had a baggie of nuts with my stuff while I was posing. One of the chipmunks saw it and ran off with it, acting like he was munching down on my nuts. Well, still acting, he rolls to the ground like he is choking on a nut kernal. I automatically sprung into the heimlich maneuver... and that is how I almost got removed from the park!!

My hubby still laughs at me - and then I slug him!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hello to all! In less than a month, I'm heading over to Disney World! I've only been once, two years ago. Such a magical time. One thing I've always seemed to be terrible at is interacting with characters. I'm SUPER shy and SUPER awkward. Does anyone have any tips on interacting with Baymax, Chip n Dale and Rafiki? It'll be a big help! Thank you.
(Also, don't judge me please, what's your opinion on kissing characters on the nose?)
Where do I meet Baymax? Is he with the other characters like Mickey at Epcot Character Spot or is he somewhere else? How long is the wait time?
Here is the info on the new Baymax meet and greet location
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ng-at-newly-expanded-epcot-character-spot.htm

Ask Chip + Dale if they are in the same family as Mickey Mouse, or ask Baymax where Hiro is. One time, Rafiki noticed I was wearing a cooling bandana and proceeded to use it as toilet paper, wear it as a hat, and tried to throw it in a nearby stream before the cast members caught him! It was a very fun, longer than usual interaction that I'll remember much better than plain ol' pictures or autographs.

kimberlymautz

A friend and I purposely called Chip and Dale by the wrong names and it was hysterical to see how flustered they got as they were trying to correct us. Very fun.
And Baymax was super cute, my daughter gave him a fist bump, but that's pretty much it.

IanDLBZF

I met Chip n' Dale at Hollywood Studios with my friend Colby, and let me tell you they were very playful! I had brought along a Chip'n'Dale plush and a MagicBand and their MagicBandits. Well, guess what happened? Dale was the first one to point out the plushies! I was like, "that looks like you guys!" I handed the plushies over to them (the plushies were connected by the same thing that holds clothing labels) and they play "tug of war" with the plushies. Next thing I know, Dale grabs hold of my left arm (which has the Chip'n'Dale MagicBand with matching MagicBandits) points himself out, and then I see Dale take off my MagicBand (IDK HOW the fur characters can remove one's MagicBand) and I hear a "he's so excited!" just as Dale starts to run off with it. The blueberry was like "Hey where are you going?!" to Dale. He ran off to the umbrella with it, and she says "What!? What are you doing?!" And Dale did come back, I told them that I was their "biggest fan", Chip pats Colby on the back and hugs me as Dale signs his autograph. Colby also put his Stitch hat on Chip, I do the same thing putting my Mickey hat on Dale, and he tries to fit my MagicBand to his nose! I then ask them "Any of you been getting into trouble recently?" Dale points to Chip, I said "Chip has?" Then Chip points to Dale, and I'm like "Oh it doesn't matter both of you have been getting into trouble recently!"
Now it gets to the funny part, right after the PP photographer took Colby's picture with them, Dale burped into his ear! Just as we were about to leave, Chip still had the plushes. I told him that they were mine, I got them back and the blueberry told him "Don't worry Chip we'll get your own later..."
As for Baymax, I gave him a fist bump and a hug. The overall interaction w/ Baymax was sorta meh without Hiro around just saying.

Last edited:

Disney Lover Addie

Don't worry about being awkward. I had the most awkward experience on a Disney Cruise with Spider-Man. With Chip n' Dale try telling one that they are your favorite, that always has a halarious outcome. Baymax is in Epcot, and with him, maybe says quotes from the movie?? When I saw him I didn't really know what to do so I just hugged him and took a pic. His wait was about 20-30 minutes, since he was a new character at that time. With Rafiki, try saying lyrics from Lion King songs. Also, kissing Pluto on the nose makes a great photo opportunity. Have a great time! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom