(Intentionally) Bad WDW Ideas

realspaceranger

Original Poster
My wife and I were having fun with this thought experiment. What's the worst WDW restaurant/attraction that you can think of?

Here's what we came up with...

A new restaurant themed around Disney's holiday classic "The Santa Clause!" Guests can relive the magical moment when Scott Calvin and Charlie visit the local Denny's after burning the Thanksgiving turkey. Enjoy classic Denny's menu items (but no chocolate milk!) within an immersive value-diner environment complete with paid-actors posing as divorced fathers! Coming soon to Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Musical Mermaid

I’ve never eaten there, so I can’t give an opinion on the food, but I’ve always found the Coral Reef restaurant a little odd. Eating seafood while fish are swimming in the nearby tanks seems odd and in keeping with the whole Nemo theme of the pavilion, aren’t fish supposed to be friends, not food? I am not bashing those who eat seafood, just saying that the context of the restaurant in that pavilion doesn’t mesh well.

KBLovedDisney

I’ve never eaten there, so I can’t give an opinion on the food, but I’ve always found the Coral Reef restaurant a little odd. Eating seafood while fish are swimming in the nearby tanks seems odd and in keeping with the whole Nemo theme of the pavilion, aren’t fish supposed to be friends, not food? I am not bashing those who eat seafood, just saying that the context of the restaurant in that pavilion doesn’t mesh well.
I second this. I am not really able to eat seafood at this restaurant because of the living seafood swimming in a tank nearby. I always stick with the turf menu at the restaurant.

ppete1975

Honestly it would be like eating chicken in a chicken house or surrounded by cows eating steak.. but because its seafood people don't feel the same.. must be all those years of seeing lobsters in a tank at seafood restaurants

Darkzeid25

Frontierland rethemed to the Lone Ranger Movie. Wish they made Thunder Mesa? Too bad here's Johnny Depp as a Native American stereotype! Tomorrowland split into John Carter of Mars and that Tomorrowland movie themed lands. Redoing the Haunted Mansion and Country Bears to be like their movies. If people thought Epcot was getting too many IPs, this would make their heads explode.

KraftServices

My wife and I were having fun with this thought experiment. What's the worst WDW restaurant/attraction that you can think of?

Here's what we came up with...

A new restaurant themed around Disney's holiday classic "The Santa Clause!" Guests can relive the magical moment when Scott Calvin and Charlie visit the local Denny's after burning the Thanksgiving turkey. Enjoy classic Denny's menu items (but no chocolate milk!) within an immersive value-diner environment complete with paid-actors posing as divorced fathers! Coming soon to Disney's Hollywood Studios!
As long as it also includes the room full of Japanese businessmen, I'd be fine with that.

Here's an idea: The Meh Movie Ride. Watch as we travel through scenes of Disney's biggest flops and least remebered movies. Remember the cows from that one movie? Or the live action Country Bears? No? Well here's your chance to say "Oh yeah, that movie exists."

JIMINYCR

The Queue. With a wait time that always reads 15 minutes, that fools you into entering the attraction. A Disney attraction that you enter that never leads you to your ride car. An endless series of turns and switchbacks that makes you think you are getting closer to the loading zone but never does. After wasting hours of moving through you get dumped out into a gift shop.

labyrinth01.jpg

Goofyernmost

If we are dumb enough to keep making friends out of what was designed as our food, we are going to starve to death. Pretty soon we will have some people that can hear veggies scream as you prepare them for dinner. The raw vegetables are usually the loudest.

Goofyernmost

Honestly it would be like eating chicken in a chicken house or surrounded by cows eating steak.. but because its seafood people don't feel the same.. must be all those years of seeing lobsters in a tank at seafood restaurants
There is a good chance that the seafood places with live fish, etc. probably smell a lot better then a chicken coup or a cow barn. It would make the concern about Monorail "odors" seem flowery fresh.

Goofyernmost

The Queue. With a wait time that always reads 15 minutes, that fools you into entering the attraction. A Disney attraction that you enter that never leads you to your ride car. An endless series of turns and switchbacks that makes you think you are getting closer to the loading zone but never does. After wasting hours of moving through you get dumped out into a gift shop.

labyrinth01.jpg
Sort of like the early days of Universal Orlando. You would weave back and forth for hours and just when you thought that you were almost at the ride, they would throw in yet another large "tent" with 1000 people switchbacks.

Goofyernmost

journey into no imagination
think journey into your imagination from 99 but no nigel channing, no sets, no imageworks, and no theater. the "ride" is a queue and a literal dark ride.
I get it! We just use our imagination to imagine something being there. Great idea! Along the same idea as "Sounds Dangerous".
Yet, another attraction that flew over the heads of most sharp as a tack guests. Just couldn't understand that it was in the sound effects building and the having you listen to the movie you really understood what was happening just by the sounds. Great idea... wrong audience.

a goofy username

• update the exterior of the little mermaid ride so it more accurately reflects the original VHS cover
  • replace animatronic stitch in SGE with animatronic alex jones, shirtless, red-faced, banging on the glass and yelling about reptilian political figures
  • make scaramucci the host of the hall of presidents
  • it's a big world. it's like it's a small world except it's big
  • shorten monsters inc. laugh floor to just the acronym

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom