Insurance?

BelleWannaBe77

Original Poster
Hey guys! I really want to do the Disney CP in the fall, but I'm confused about the whole insurance thing. In order to continue to get insurance under my parents, do I have to get the internship approved through my college? If they don't approve it, does anyone have temporary insurance plans they are on? Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot!

matthope03

Hey there, I am planning on applying for the fall as well. I am not exactly sure how it would work with your parents insurance, however I can tell you that temporary insurance is out there. I don't know how sick you get on a normal basis (some people seem to visit the doctor a lot), but you can get major medical (covers any hospital and surgery) for $19-$20 a month from Blue Cross Blue Shield. Obviously if you visit the doctor for the flu or something like that it is not covered but it covers you for anything major that could happen. I wish I could assist you more, but I would be willing to bet that you will still be covered under your parents policy if you plan on going back to school the following semester. Look forward to possibly seeing you down there next fall. :)

maelstrom

Aren't you still enrolled in your college during the semester you are on the CP? With my insurance (er... former insurance) you had to be enrolled fulltime (12+ credits) to be able to get insurance. Otherwise, your life means nothing, apparently. I would just call up your insurance company and see what they say. If not, the hospital and surgery insurance matthope03 mentioned might not be a bad idea. People don't generally need to visit the doctor for a cold, but if you were to be in a car accident or have some sort of major issue, obviously you'd need to see the doctor. I think that's the biggest thing, hospital and surgery coverage.

DisneySaint

As long as you maintain fulltime status with your college (most colleges you just have to fill out some simple paperwork before you leave for the CP) you won't be dropped off your policy.

BelleWannaBe77

Original Poster
See for KU, they don't support the CP as an internship, so you aren't considered a student if you go. I'm planning on transfering to MU the semester after I go to Disney (if I get in, cross your fingers, I really wanna go!!!), so maybe I could apply for MU over this summer and then do the internship through them? Ho hum I should probably talk to Mizzou. Thanks a lot everyone for your help!

aka_emilicious

I'm in the same boat here at UCONN! I'm taking a leave of absence to do the CP in Fall 2007 (hopefully!).

My parent's have the same questions. The other thing you should check is when the insurance company checks to see if you are a full time student. If they check in say February (so Spring 2007) and you are a full time student I think you are covered until next February. At least that's what I'm hoping will happen with my insurance. If not I need to find a good temporary insurance with prescription coverage. Yay for asthma!

Hope this helps. And maybe I'll see you down there in the Fall!

kcw

when I did my CP they had to defer my scholarship for a semester, so they basically dropped me as a student and I had to reapply all over again when I got home (lame huh?) So i wasn't considered a full-time student so I actually had no insurance while I was up there:zipit: kinda risky seeing as I'm probably one of the most accident prone people around, but I didn't have any issues.... so I'm not saying this is a good idea and what I reccommed, but I know there's quite a few CPs that were in my boat and just crossed their fingers the whole time!

juan

my school has a program that you only need to take 1 credit through the school and you maintain full-time status

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom