insiders ONLY... is there a possibility that the Magical Express comes back..

bjlc57

Original Poster
from what i am hearing along with the genie + and the reservations/ park hopper complaints , the next thing in line is the Magical Express.. SO no speculation but we have some true insiders here.. or we did.. So is there a major possibility that the Magical Express will come back.. or are we doomed to try and find our own way to and from the parks when we land in Orlando?

mf1972

i’m not an insider, but i know of at least 1 way
4D6E2348-19F6-4A78-9006-F521DE24D12D.jpeg

Lilofan

from what i am hearing along with the genie + and the reservations/ park hopper complaints , the next thing in line is the Magical Express.. SO no speculation but we have some true insiders here.. or we did.. So is there a major possibility that the Magical Express will come back.. or are we doomed to try and find our own way to and from the parks when we land in Orlando?
Transport in different ways existed for guests before DME existed.

Prince-1

Doomed? Hyperbole much.

People got to Disney way before the DME and will continue to do so now that it’s gone. There is a taxi, Uber/Lyft, a car service, Mears Connect, Sunshine Flyer, etc.

JoeCamel

I am such an insider I will deign to answer

doom.jpg

gitchard

Magical Express was not run by Disney. It was a contract with Mears Transportation which is a taxi company. You see their taxis all around Orlando and is the only company that can have taxis waiting on property.

As far as I know, Mears is now doing airport transportation under their own name but you now have to pay them directly. Would Mears want that contract back?

Weather_Lady

I have no insider information about DME. However, Mears Connect (as others said, this is the same company that operated DME anyway) and Sunshine Flyer are the best corollaries, both offering motor coach transportation between MCO and your hotel (with routes shared with other hotels, just as DME did) at prices around $30/pp (a little more for adults, a little less for kids) round-trip, with comparable average travel times and pick-up times. The only significant difference between these services and DME, besides having to pay extra for them, is the lack of luggage transfer services -- which only impacts those who used to utilize that particular component of DME.

Last edited:

Prince-1

I have no insider information about DME. However, Mears Connect and Sunshine Flyer are the best corollaries, offering motor coach transportation between MCO and your hotel (with routes shared with other hotels, just as DME did) at prices around $30/pp (a little more for adults, a little less for kids) round-trip, with comparable average travel times and pick-up times. The only significant difference between these services and DME, besides having to pay extra for them, is the lack of luggage transfer services -- which only impacts those who used to rely on that component of DME.

And I am not sure if the price has gone up since last week but it was only $16 to ride it each way.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I have no insider information about DME. However, Mears Connect (as others said, this is the same company that operated DME anyway) and Sunshine Flyer are the best corollaries, both offering motor coach transportation between MCO and your hotel (with routes shared with other hotels, just as DME did) at prices around $30/pp (a little more for adults, a little less for kids) round-trip, with comparable average travel times and pick-up times.

Not to mention, Sunshine Flyer (seems to be) always offering promotions/discounts. Right now, they are offering 22% off all bookings and, when I booked a few months ago, they were running a "kids ride free" promo. And they seem to be very flexible too. When I booked, I knew the start and end days of my trip, but nothing about flight times (since it was about 10 months in advance) and they acknowledged I could update the reservation with the correct pick-up times when the trip date got closer. I think I paid ~$96 for round trip for our family of seven (two adults, one kid over 12, and 4 kids under 12). Would it have been nice for this to be free? Sure, but I think if Disney bring back Magical Express it won't be like it used to be (almost certainly it will be a paid add-on service and likely wouldn't include the luggage transfer service aspect). I could be totally wrong, just a hunch though...

wendysue

We took Mears las May and Sunshine Flyer a couple weeks ago. I must say, I really liked Sunshine Flyer as we got to our resort much quicker than Mears.

Big T 1963

From what I've seen from the info on Sunshine Flyer seems to be a better choice than Mears. Do I miss Disney Magical Express ...yes...it was part of the "Magic" anticipation on our Disney trip back in the day..... Will Disney Magical Express return some day ......maybe It's like asking the question ...Will the Dining Plan come back???? Will see once the dust settles from the BOB BIG BUCKS disaster ...Happy Holiday's everyone !!!!

Goofyernmost

No, They looked back in the history and realized that they went decades without the free bus service and now people are more savvy about the area and already know what else is available and have the plans in their grasp already. There is no need to try and keep everyone a prisoner. They're going to stay there or they aren't, they're going to explore the area or they are not, it really isn't worth the additional expense. Most of WDW expanded exponentially without any free bus service. And since now that staying on site doesn't save the parking fee whether they go to the parks or not, there is no real incentive.

DfromATX

I'm not an insider, but I do have an opinion. I am truly hopeful that Genie will go away - I think there's a really good chance! But, as much as I loved the Magical Express, I feel like we won't see it ever again. To me, it was the start of the vacation! I would love to see it back, but I think chances are slim to none. There were times when we got onto an almost empty bus, plus with all the ride sharing options... I just don't see it coming back unfortunately. I wish it would though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom