Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainplane3

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the rant, so either it got poofed or it was on Twitter.
It was on Twitter.

Threw a fit, said the "insiders" here were 6 months behind what he knew when people here dismissed the castle "going rose gold" for the 50th. This all happened soon after he and Tom "buried the hatchet". Hasn't been back since.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate

733A55FD-7C19-4553-B017-2FB179ABFC17.jpeg

_caleb

I think Brayden would do well to work out an arrangement with the insiders here to use content from these boards. He needs to see that his audience isn't the fans on boards like this, but rather a more general group of Disney Parks vacationers. Heck, he should consult with @marni1971, @Magic Feather, and others for help on what topics he should cover.

Last edited:

Supermatt70

WOW! I can't even escape conspiracy theories while just trying to read what's new at Walt Disney World! Like the kid or not, plus the British guy many of you were dragging, it's shameful that bullying like this happens on a site like WDWMagic. He's a kid!

And now I await my pitchfork clutching mob...

trainplane3

I think Brayden would do well to work out an arrangement with the insiders here to turn content from these boards. He needs to see that his audience isn't the fans on boards like this, but rather a more general group of Disney Parks vacationers. Heck, he should consult with @marni1971, @Magic Feather, and others for help on what topics he should cover.
Not to speak for those guys but I wouldn't do it. He'd making money off videos with info he got from someone else and I remember Martin not liking the idea of "bloggers" a while ago. Besides, those users (seem like they) aren't in it for the fame. They have friends with access to info. They don't want to turn their friends into a source of unofficial income.

Personally, it'd be kind of a jerk move to be a friend of Martin only to see him knowingly give your info out to someone else just so they can turn a profit off it. It's a different case to just share a small tidbit of info on a forum and some Youtuber finds it, talks about it, and mentions the source.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think Brayden would do well to work out an arrangement with the insiders here to turn content from these boards. He needs to see that his audience isn't the fans on boards like this, but rather a more general group of Disney Parks vacationers. Heck, he should consult with @marni1971, @Magic Feather, and others for help on what topics he should cover.
I’m posting less info nowerdays partly since I have no desire to feed other sites. Or wannabes after 15 minutes of fame. Just as @trainplane3 said above.

I’m not someone else’s goldmine. Let them find out their own info. The sad thing is it seems if they can’t then they make it up or make educated guesses. And as has been said ad nauseum, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I’ve been mostly quiet about this, but not any longer. Its a shame, but the kids are starting to ruin it for everyone else.

Last edited:

wdwfan22

Why should they help him make money?

trainplane3

I’m posting less info nowerdays partly since I have no desire to feed other sites. Or wannabes after 15 minutes of fame. Just as @trainplane3 said above.

I’m not someone else’s goldmine. Let them found out their own info. The sad thing is it seems if they can’t then they make it up or make educated guesses. And as has been said ad nauseum, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
And that's a real shame. It's always fun figuring out your clues. I noticed you haven't been very active but I was hoping you were just busy with stuff. Some of this stuff should be just for fun. You don't have to turn a profit on everything. Glad I'm friends with someone that isn't in it for the fame or money.

I suppose as long as the videos don't stop, I can't complain. :)

To be clear, I have quite a few friends who are bloggers. But I’m not out to subsidise people I don't know.
I wasn't too specific but I didn't mean that you hated them or anything. Just the few that cause trouble or want to make big Youtube $$ off of your info.

NormC

I like Brayden's youthful enthusiasm and he does a great job entertaining with his podcasts. I don't think he is a bad guy. I think he just got caught up in all the attention he has received. I do think he needs more fact checking though. He has gotten a lot of things wrong. Not as much as Tom Clueless though.

Last edited:

_caleb

Personally, it'd be kind of a jerk move to be a friend of Martin only to see him knowingly give your info out to someone else just so they can turn a profit off it. It's a different case to just share a small tidbit of info on a forum and some Youtuber finds it, talks about it, and mentions the source.
I agree! I certainly didn't mean that Brayden should befriend Martin (or anyone else, for that matter) just to get inside info. I suppose in my mind, he could be more up-front about the fact that much of his info was coming from here and maybe even ask permission from @marni1971 to share/expound on his info through the blog and videos.

But I’m not out to subsidise people I don't know.
Seems you're doing that one way or another, though.

I truly appreciate your contribution to this forum, and it seems perfectly reasonable that you'd be wary of "social media entrepreneurs." As I mentioned above, I greatly prefer the way the fan community here on WDWMagic operates to the vast majority of Disney blogs, vlogs, etc.

RobbinsDad

I’m not someone else’s goldmine. Let them find out their own info. The sad thing is it seems if they can’t then they make it up or make educated guesses. And as has been said ad nauseum, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I’ve been mostly quiet about this, but not any longer. Its a shame, but the kids are starting to ruin it for everyone else.
In my very humble opinion, this is why people want information from you - because you're not selling it. You say what you know when you can, and you aren't concerned with whether someone believes it or not. Any entity that derives profit from delivering news is always vulnerable to compromised integrity.

Tom P.

I regularly visit here and The DIS. Those are about the only two sources of Disney content that I regularly consume and trust. Every now and then, I watch a video from Tim Tracker or ResortTV1. That's about it for me. It is certainly disappointing if some of the legitimate insiders here are being driven off by the activities of many of the blogging/vlogging/social media community.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I must admit that I do find that kind of endearing as it reminds me of how important every little decision, achievement, and twist and turn of your life appears when you're that young.
Apparently He got a check plus in finger painting last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom