Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainplane3

So, just to make sure, no press of yellow button, no need for me to maneuver?
I'd like to just enjoy the visuals at least once. Thank you!
That should be the situation. If possible, ask a CM what you should do if you don't want to have a interactive station.

Not activating and sitting is much better then activating and sitting. The ride is somewhat dynamic in that regard. You doing nothing won't hurt the others scores.

Figments Friend

I experience the same. Yesterday I rode Star Tours and Smugglers Run twice. On Star Tours people were cheering and the family I sat next to really seemed to like it, saying things like "Wow, that was awesome".

On Smugglers Run I did single rider twice in the engineer seat, which gives you a good perspective as I often get seated behind families with small kids. The first run there were two small children in the pilot seats and the parents were yelling at them the entire time. We crashed constantly and it was no fun. When we exited nobody said anything.

The second run a small kid sat in the left seat and the dad in the right. The small girl could not reach most of the buttons and the dad kept leaning over to try and press the buttons. The mom sat in front of me and asked me before the ride what she should do. She asked me if I had done it before and she seemed nervous. I watched her look at the buttons to her right almost the entire time, not paying any attention to the screen. I don't think she had a good time.

I have seen this quite a few times. It is a terrible ride for families with small kids, ruining it for the parents (who may feel guilty towards other guests that their kids crashed into everything), ruining it for kids who keep getting yelled at, and to any other guests in the back who can't control their own experience. Not to mention non-English guests who often don't understand what's going on.

I prefer Star Tours far more than Smugglers Run. They need to change it and remove some of the interactivity. Pilots could still press buttons and pull the lever to activate the hyperdrive, but take away the steering and let Chewie take over the entire ride. The coaxium story is also boring and there are no recognizable Star Wars elements on the screen as is the case with Star Tours. I dislike this ride more each time I ride it.

I am thinking now after reading your comments that perhaps the reason the Guests in front of me in the line declined to take the Pilot positions were because they didn't want to be 'held responsible' for messing things up for the other riders.

I am remembering now, it was a woman with two small kids and I think a teen.
Perhaps they wanted to take a ride in a position that wasn't as 'stressful' , to enjoy the scenery more, or perhaps they simply had a 'bad' experience previously.

I thought it was odd none of them wanted what most consider to be the coveted. best spots on the Attraction.
Makes me even more suspicious that they had rode previously and didn't care for being Pilots.

-

_caleb

...they didn't want to be 'held responsible' for messing things up for the other riders.

I am remembering now, it was a woman with two small kids and I think a teen.
Perhaps they wanted to take a ride in a position that wasn't as 'stressful' , to enjoy the scenery more, or perhaps they simply had a 'bad' experience previously.
Same reason I refuse to sit in the captain’s position on the tea cups.

HMF

No, the dignity of some members here is a lie.
There are some of us here who actually want to hear your info. I feel it would be wiser to just engage with those of us who will listen and ignore the rest. It's really not worth going back and forth like this.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No, the dignity of some members here is a lie.

Says the person who says he's going to purposely lie. Who came here anonymously using software called VPN so that no one at Disney wouldn't know who you are so that you can spill secrets and then won't answer questions because "it's secret" and because you're under an NDA and then blow up your anonymity by naming a specific meeting you were at. You may know some things, but you've been caught peddling false information based on your ignorance of things a real insider would know. Any info you've given which wasn't already known, leaked, or guessed at hasn't yet come to pass. But you've given info which trusted insiders have called out as false.

It's one giant troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom