Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoda_5729

I have no idea if this individual is as "in the know" as he claims, but I also don't know that he isn't. Ultimately, I've read over the years about new monorails coming, new countries added, and all sorts of others rumors and speculations that were nothing more then that. I think we all should take things with some grains of salt, not just because he hasn't proven him or herself, but because things change. Their conclusions from a meeting they may or may not have been in, can be completely different then someone elses, who was also in the meeting. I think it is completely fair to doubt or have some hesitation with what the OP has stated, but there's no real reason to get insulting or overly worked up about it. If you chose to believe them, that's okay, and if not, eventually the truth will show itself. I don't think anyone is losing anything or being hurt by what he's stating, whether true or not. The rumors/news may bring hope or disappointment, but it's all in relation to theme park attractions that may or may not see the light of day anyway. Either way, I think we all have gotten the point that the content of his posts may not be as accurate as we may want, but now that we know that, we can still listen, if we so choose.

Two quick questions....Anything news regarding Fort Wilderness or if Animal Kingdom will be seeing any additional animals added like pandas or koalas. Thank you in advance if you do have any insight. Either way, I'm not going to be betting my retirement on it, but I wouldn't do that for any insider seeings how the first guide book for Epcot told people to look forward to Israel and Spain.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Seems a bit rude to bash a person that can't even defend theirself (since he's banned). Not that im sticking up for him. While he has definitely done some "unscrupulous" things, at least he holds Disney to the higher standards they once had. Can't say the same for many people here who soil their trousers at the chance to defend the company at all costs.
Bless his heart, we just don't talk about him around here.

matt9112

So many sources have made statements about what is wrong with the Yeti it's hard to know what the real story is.

Some people say it can simply be removed via that giant door you can see in back but other people act like its an act of god and requires the entire reengineering of the mountain....if it could literally "slide out" i imagine they would have no? Something tells me that there is some truth to the fact that some kind of reinforcement or redesign of the actual structure has to occur.

GladToBeHear

I'm constantly surprised in our current culture what people are willing to give up all in the name of not hurting someone's feelings. Sorry, everyone. By all accounts, we've been trolled. Don't feel sorry for this person.

There are tons of Disney news sites on the web. The reason I visit this one (exclusively) almost daily is because of the quality of the forum community here with its interesting takes and the way that news/rumors are heavily scrutinized. If I'm looking for someone to regurgitate popular vague rumors for the purpose of clicks (or attention) -- I'll visit one of the other hundreds of WDW sites out there.

It has been entertaining though.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 - Which of what Disnerd2003 said is really going to happen?
I read a bit.... some of it is potentially true (but has been talked about already so isn’t new news)

Some is old plans that have changed a while ago.

and some.... I don’t know what to make of it.

But I won’t be dragged into the motives of the posts.

Last edited:

GymLeaderPhil

The only reason i said the mountain had to be cut was to access the supports to do it RIGHT. That's more of the job of the President of Animal Kingdom, hence why my knowledge on that is not very vast. If others would like i may reconsider retjrning to answer questions.
Oh great, glad you reconsidered. Here’s a question:

Who’s the “President of Animal Kingdom”? And why are they in charge of mountain cutting?

I’ll be online between 11:42am and 12:17pm tomorrow after my bi-monthly Thursday brunch with my adopted adult children.

EPCOTCenterLover

I read a bit.... some of it is potentially true (but has been talked about already so isn’t new news)

and some.... I don’t know what to make of it. But I won’t be dragged into the motives of the posts.
Thank you for the answers, I’m with you- trying to determine motives in non essentials is a waste of time and energy. Even on important things, it can be a big mistake.

JustInTime

and some.... I don’t know what to make of it. But I won’t be dragged into the motives of the posts.
What about Brazil being canceled? That one hurt.

WDW Pro

I’ve not heard it was cancelled; I’ve not heard anything more. Personally the no attraction version didn’t appeal much.

Like I’ve said elsewhere I’m not over enthusiastic about chasing up what’s being done to this park any more.

"Stalled" is the term I've heard. I think there may have been some background chatter with other South American countries (Chile and Argentina), but as of now I don't think anything is certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom