Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It is becoming EXTREMELY hard to read everyone's questions. Therefore, from here on out, I'm setting my own rules as follows.
1) Do not ask a question until I've answered the previous one. One at a time.
2) Read the entire thread or the majority of it before asking to be sure I haven't already answered what you're asking.
3) No more wasting pages with debates of my credibility. Stop acting like children.
4) Have a magical day!
Please know that I am very busy so it may take me a few hours to get back to you.
Someone else used to demand that the rest of us plebes follow HIS rules within HIS threads. Perhaps you know him?

Imagineering shelved that decades ago, but it is a possibility if the funds and guest demand are high enough.
Puh-leeze 🙄- that can be said of any project imaginable! I could have predicted that.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Obviously not well enough. They decided to let it end rather than be relocated due to the reason I listed above... I literally sat in the meeting where they decided to let it end as a result of the closure of SOA. Ignorance is bliss, as the saying goes.
The sound of crickets chirping is deafening. Can't wait to see the response tomorrow.

stitchcastle

Either the Imagination Pavilion's refurb, Spaceship Earth, or Magic Kingdom's new expansion.
Oh no I've said too much...

That's all for tonight! See you at the next Q/A session at 7:30-820 AM EST Tomorrow!

It's either they do something with the old Fire Mountain plot or it's going to be another Fantasyland expansion. (They wouldn't be showing off the Tokyo Beauty and the Beast development stuff in their parks blog if they weren't looking to bring them over stateside)

Magenta Panther

It's either they do something with the old Fire Mountain plot or it's going to be another Fantasyland expansion. (They wouldn't be showing off the Tokyo Beauty and the Beast development stuff in their parks blog if they weren't looking to bring them over stateside)

If only that were true...

jttop

While I'm here, I thought I'd share the music I have playing in my office. Nothing beats the classics!

Brand new to the forum but couldn't pass the chance to ask @realBobChapek a question since he threw his hat into the AMA ring:

-Given this example of your excellent musical tastes, can we expect more music like this to be incorporated into the parks? Perhaps into the SSE refurb?

-As a consumer who loves to spend spend spend, what's the next beloved WDW attraction or institution can we expect to see updated to get me excited about buying more consumer products that can now be marked at the attraction? I loved the addition of Frozen to Norway, it really told me Disney cared about my experience as a money spending consumer (and making it easy to do so), not just a boring nod towards the "history" or "culture" of somewhere else in the world that isn't America like the ride used to be.

MerlinTheGoat

The agreement and understanding the Osbourne's and us at Management came to was that holding them anywhere other than Streets of America would be going against Mr. Osbourne's wishes, something that came directly from Tristan and Family. It seemed disrespectful to relocate them after such a longstanding tradition in a location important to him. Mr. Osbourne viewed Streets of America as a symbol of the American neighborhood and how a unifying force of peace could bring everyone joy. Without streets of America, moving it would've been tarnishing to that ideology, therefore when streets of America closed so did the Osbourne show. Fact check before you try to insult and defame. And the crickets begin to chirp...
That doesn't even make any sense given the fact that the Osborne Lights didn't originate on the Streets of America. When the display debuted at Hollywood Studios (then MGM Studios) back in 1995, the lights were displayed in the Residential Street of the Backlot Tour (adorning all the houses, streets and trees in this area). The lights were relocated to Streets of America in 2004 after the Residential Street was demolished.

When funding is approved, yes. It will be much after the 50th, and Everest will be down for a minimum of 2 years. The mountain has to be cut apart, the yeti has to be removed and fixed, replaced, and have the mountain redone so that the rockwork matches the color and shape of the rest, which has weathered in the Florida sun for 13 years. It's like replacing shingles on a roof. New ones will never match the old weathered ones. It's going to be hard for WDI to get right.
Are you repeating the old debunked myth that the mountain was built around the yeti and he can't be removed unless the tear the entire structure down? The Yeti animatronic was installed after the mountain was built. It can also be swapped in and out without having to close the ride to guests. Apparently has been removed before in fact, people have reported the Yeti missing a few times over the years. I'm sure marni1971 can vouch for this. He's stated numerous times that the yeti can be repaired without taking the ride down for refurbishment at all, the swap-out could be done overnight after hours.

I'm also certain that your comments about needing to tear all the rockwork off the mountain is complete nonsense as well. I've seen them repair rides whose rockwork was in FAR worst condition than Everest's without tearing it all out or requiring 2 years to do it. Splash Mountain prior to 2013 was in a much worse state than Everest is today. Leaking badly, sound systems ruined, rockwork crumbling and falling apart (some areas you could see the mesh underneath, some holes were poorly patched with plywood). Paint inside and out was horribly faded, organic exterior plants dead from neglect and broken irrigation. Animatronics all in horrid shape. Many AA's missing entirely, many others completely stationary, the few ones with any motion left only moved in a limited capacity, their fur and clothes were filthy, rotten and covered in mold. Even the boats were caked in scum. Laughing Place jumping fountains were inoperable, heck even the big exterior drop's waterfall was occasionally broken. Somehow they managed to completely turn this around in less than 3 months, the ride reopened looking almost brand new again (and I actually rode it when it WAS brand new).

Everest is indeed (over) due for a good refurb. But 2+ years seems absurd, as does your comment about needing to rip the entire mountain apart. The rockwork itself doesn't even seem like it's in particularly poor condition, just looks like a standard cleaning and repainting should be enough. The yeti can be fixed without closing the ride. Would be nice if they got the mist machines working again, but that also shouldn't require a lengthy downtime to address. Track is still pretty smooth too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom