Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FigmentFan82

Either OP is lying about their insider status, or he/she is incredibly foolish. I hope it's the latter, but I'll keep my best guesses to myself and watch it play out.

Also, @FigmentFan82 's tireless defense of OP against all logic and reason is awfully suspicious.
I’m just a naive idiot who likes to believe.
I have no insider knowledge, but I love hearing about things that may come to be.
Feel free to come after me if you want. I guess I’m just a moron who knows nothing

monothingie

I ❤️ Bob
Premium Member
Either OP is lying about their insider status, or he/she is incredibly foolish. I hope it's the latter, but I'll keep my best guesses to myself and watch it play out.

Also, @FigmentFan82 's tireless defense of OP against all logic and reason is awfully suspicious.

When you’re so desperate to hear what you want to hear...But then again, echoing things established insiders have hinted is not a difficult thing to do especially if you can make a good show of it.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
@MisterPenguin Here you go.

What's replacing Stitch's Great Escape?
A new experience that is NOT a ride, but a show similar to what was before. The possible IP's being viewed are Wreck it Wrallh (almost scrapped by now), and newer ones based on the future. This project hasn't been entertained since early May.

In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the floating performers? What exactly will that be?
A show that will occur a few times a day.

In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the Tea Party? What exactly will that be?
Not part of my decision making, not sure.

When is the new Impressions de France movie going to debut?
Part of the 50th.

What exactly will the Mary Poppins attraction be?
An attraction similar to Peter Pan.

What's the debut date of HarmoniUS?
Next spring/summer, no concrete date yet.

When is Spaceship Earth closing for its major refurb?
Late Febuary

What are the new scenes in Star Tours?
Based on Batuu and Episode 9.

When will Space 220 open?
Next spring/summer, most likely May

What's the next big step in transportation? More gondolas or another system (and what will the nature of that system be)?
More Gondolas, but most likely not until 2024 or beyond.

What will the play zones in PLAY! be?
Based on past, present, and future technology and movies.

What's the plan for the Tiki Room? And if any changes, when will they be?
No changes, upgraded technology.

What's the theme of the next "monorail resort"?
Not one on the horizon for many years, budget is going to Grand Floridian's refurb.

When will it break ground? Is it going between GF and MK, or, between Contemporary and TTA?
Most likely 2026. Between MK and GF as the ground isnt stable between Contempo and TTC.

Why was the Main Street Theater cancelled? Where did its budget go to?
General upkeep around MK. It was a flawed idea from the start. I actually was part of the group that had it cancelled.

Is Speedway being rethemed to Tron Racers? And with electric vehicles?
Retheme is a no, electric vehicles is a maybe.

When is CoPs update going to start?
Before the 50th, most likely late next year.

Is the Agent P. mobile game being replaced by Ducktales? If yes, when?
This was made up by fans and hasn't been mentioned to anyone here.

Are both Ratatouille and MMRR both opening Memorial Day weekend? Will one or both be open sooner (when)?
No. MMRR is opening first. Ratatouille is later in the summer.

Which of the DHS will be the first to be refreshed/updated: IJSS, VotLM, BatB, or F!?
VOTLM

Is RoL being changed again? When? What will the new version be like?
Rivers of Light is deemed to be fine as is.

When will Disney buy new monorails?
Quite a few years away, maybe a decade.

What IPs will be in the new Cirque show?
Classic Disney animation, like Tangled, Cinderella, Etc.

Is The Wave going to become a steakhouse? An Incredibles M&G?
Not incredibles but expect an update.

Will the Contemporary get an Incredibles/Mid-Century retheme?
No.

When will they start building the SWL TSR?
Are you talking about Galactic Star Cruiser? Work has already begun.

What will be the price tag for the Star Wars Resort event?
Not my dept. so I have no idea.

When will a new PhilharMagic show debut? What songs will be featured?
WDW's film is being upgraded to digital. Not for a few years.

DisneyOutsider

I’m just a naive idiot who likes to believe.
I have no insider knowledge, but I love hearing about things that may come to be.
Feel free to come after me if you want. I guess I’m just a moron who knows nothing

I'm not looking to call you names or "come after you"... but you really brought this upon yourself when you started wondering aloud whether skeptics of OP's claims have ulterior motives. If you want to believe, none of us are interested in stopping you from doing so, but just as you wish for others to simply move on without comment if they are skeptical, you could benefit from doing the same when you disagree with said skepticism.

tissandtully

I feel like OP is legit, but I am concerned @wdwmagic hasn't weighed in on it, seeing as a mod was required to undelete the thread, so there must be some knowledge of the accuracy of OP.

Lirael

Space mountain questions here:
-You said it would close after Tron is done, but will they do it only after the anniversary or close it in 2021-2022?
-Will the refurb include adding IP?

Now SW:
-You said you don;t know the pricing for the hotel, but do you know if they still plan for it to be a fixed small stay thing (2-3 days)?
-Is the ride that's left to open in December that much of a game changer for the SW land reception?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I feel like OP is legit, but I am concerned @wdwmagic hasn't weighed in on it, seeing as a mod was required to undelete the thread, so there must be some knowledge of the accuracy of OP.

The undeleting wasn't a verifying of the OP's identity as an actual insider. It was just making sure it wasn't an obvious troll.

Could still be a non-obvious troll. Or someone who does know some things, but not as much as he intimates.

tissandtully

The undeleting wasn't a verifying of the OP's identity as an actual insider. It was just making sure it wasn't an obvious troll.

Could still be a non-obvious troll. Or someone who does know some things, but not as much as he intimates.
I feel like there'd be a good way to verify with owners of this site legitimacy, news orgs do it all the time, I'm not sure why it would make a difference between obvious or non-obvious troll.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Table Service Restaurant. The one that was cut and rumored to be back on.
Still cut. After the land imploded all ideas were scrapped.

UPDATED LIST
What's replacing Stitch's Great Escape?
A new experience that is NOT a ride, but a show similar to what was before. The possible IP's being viewed are Wreck it Wrallh (almost scrapped by now), and newer ones based on the future. This project hasn't been entertained since early May.

In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the floating performers? What exactly will that be?
A show that will occur a few times a day.

In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the Tea Party? What exactly will that be?
Not part of my decision making, not sure.

When is the new Impressions de France movie going to debut?
Part of the 50th.

What exactly will the Mary Poppins attraction be?
An attraction similar to Peter Pan.

What's the debut date of HarmoniUS?
Next spring/summer, no concrete date yet.

When is Spaceship Earth closing for its major refurb?
Late Febuary

What are the new scenes in Star Tours?
Based on Batuu and Episode 9.

When will Space 220 open?
Next spring/summer, most likely May

What's the next big step in transportation? More gondolas or another system (and what will the nature of that system be)?
More Gondolas, but most likely not until 2024 or beyond.

What will the play zones in PLAY! be?
Based on past, present, and future technology and movies.

What's the plan for the Tiki Room? And if any changes, when will they be?
No changes, upgraded technology.

What's the theme of the next "monorail resort"?
Not one on the horizon for many years, budget is going to Grand Floridian's refurb.

When will it break ground? Is it going between GF and MK, or, between Contemporary and TTA?
Most likely 2026. Between MK and GF as the ground isnt stable between Contempo and TTC.

Why was the Main Street Theater cancelled? Where did its budget go to?
General upkeep around MK. It was a flawed idea from the start. I actually was part of the group that had it cancelled.

Is Speedway being rethemed to Tron Racers? And with electric vehicles?
Retheme is a no, electric vehicles is a maybe.

When is CoPs update going to start?
Before the 50th, most likely late next year.

Is the Agent P. mobile game being replaced by Ducktales? If yes, when?
This was made up by fans and hasn't been mentioned to anyone here.

Are both Ratatouille and MMRR both opening Memorial Day weekend? Will one or both be open sooner (when)?
No. MMRR is opening first. Ratatouille is later in the summer.

Which of the DHS will be the first to be refreshed/updated: IJSS, VotLM, BatB, or F!?
VOTLM

Is RoL being changed again? When? What will the new version be like?
Rivers of Light is deemed to be fine as is.

When will Disney buy new monorails?
Quite a few years away, maybe a decade.

What IPs will be in the new Cirque show?
Classic Disney animation, like Tangled, Cinderella, Etc.

Is The Wave going to become a steakhouse? An Incredibles M&G?
Not incredibles but expect an update.

Will the Contemporary get an Incredibles/Mid-Century retheme?
No.

What will be the price tag for the Star Wars Resort event?
Not my dept. so I have no idea.

When will a new PhilharMagic show debut? What songs will be featured?
WDW's film is being upgraded to digital. Not for a few years.

mollygirl21

One if the things I like most about WDW is the entertainment... around WS, the African band that was just cut from AK, March of the First Order, etc. Will the cuts to that kind of "street" entertainment continue?

pdude81

I read all 19 pages of this thread and all I can say is "WT_ TDO?!?" They had one chance, one shot to actually blow everyone's mind for the 50th with a new night parade, but of course we get MSEP for like the 5th time in WDW's history. I'm honestly not surprised but I'm definitely disappointed.

As far as everything else goes, the fireworks show sounds interesting, my predictions is projections on Main Street & Space Mountain (which I've been calling for years,) however here are the questions I have:

•Nobody has brought this up yet which surprises me but, what's going on with Fantasmic? After seeing what Disneyland could do with the show, it's kinda long overdue for an upgrade over here, not only that but where is Snow White? Her barge has been MIA for the entire year.

•Has PTN ever left the West Coast and brought over here, specifically the Mac Truck, the so called reason why we can't have PTN in MK.

•How in the world could Spectromagic actually return? If that parade was to actually make some form of return I would be so happy as that parade was the parade I grew up watching.

•Who exactly is in charge of TDO's budget and why the heck are they so cheap???

•Can DHS actually receive another day parade or even better a night parade or even better PTN?

•Why is SWAGS (Galactic Spectacular) so lackluster than it was when it first debuted? Is there also a possibility for a new show anytime soon?

•Dinosaur is staying right?

•Are the special Epcot tags (4th, POE, NYE) gonna remain the same or be changed, or even happen at all?

•Will they ever get rid of or change the VOTLM and BATB shows at DHS?

That's all I have.

Tom P.

Given the many unique issues surrounding this thread, including its removal and restoration, after which the OP said that his credibility had been verified, the silence from @wdwmagic despite repeated requests for comment is rather deafening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom