Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

No. Tapestry won't ever return due to the current condition of WS.

We all have different ideas of when it should go down but most likely yes. It's probably going down in Febuary and coming back late 2022 in time for Epcot's 40th. Something else will be announced for Epcot during the 50th opening in 2024. It'll give World Celebration a "Little Spark" of color...

Is this were a “nighttime parade” would come in? I still think it’s a crazy thought, but so is everything they are doing to Epcot. Is World Celebration expected to have a parade route?

If Harmonius is going to be a HEA on water like many predict then, I guess a nighttime parade wouldn’t be to crazy of a idea 🙄.

wdwfan22

Here's a question: why isn't anything done about it? He continues to host special events at the parks. He continues to break rules by having guests "pay" to play scavenger hunts. There is plenty of grounds to ban him from the parks yet nothing is done. Disney is complicit
They won’t do anything because his website is one of the most visited sites out there. He has a following and people tune in to see what they report.

iMax

I read all 19 pages of this thread and all I can say is "WT_ TDO?!?" They had one chance, one shot to actually blow everyone's mind for the 50th with a new night parade, but of course we get MSEP for like the 5th time in WDW's history. I'm honestly not surprised but I'm definitely disappointed.

As far as everything else goes, the fireworks show sounds interesting, my predictions is projections on Main Street & Space Mountain (which I've been calling for years,) however here are the questions I have:

•Nobody has brought this up yet which surprises me but, what's going on with Fantasmic? After seeing what Disneyland could do with the show, it's kinda long overdue for an upgrade over here, not only that but where is Snow White? Her barge has been MIA for the entire year.

•Has PTN ever left the West Coast and brought over here, specifically the Mac Truck, the so called reason why we can't have PTN in MK.

•How in the world could Spectromagic actually return? If that parade was to actually make some form of return I would be so happy as that parade was the parade I grew up watching.

•Who exactly is in charge of TDO's budget and why the heck are they so cheap???

•Can DHS actually receive another day parade or even better a night parade or even better PTN?

•Why is SWAGS (Galactic Spectacular) so lackluster than it was when it first debuted? Is there also a possibility for a new show anytime soon?

•Dinosaur is staying right?

•Are the special Epcot tags (4th, POE, NYE) gonna remain the same or be changed, or even happen at all?

•Will they ever get rid of or change the VOTLM and BATB shows at DHS?

That's all I have.

Glenn2012

All I'm interested in is when the celebrations are starting. We are going out to Florida in July 2021 for a month so hope something will be happening by then.

TTA94

I read all 19 pages of this thread and all I can say is "WT_ TDO?!?" They had one chance, one shot to actually blow everyone's mind for the 50th with a new night parade, but of course we get MSEP for like the 5th time in WDW's history. I'm honestly not surprised but I'm definitely disappointed.

As far as everything else goes, the fireworks show sounds interesting, my predictions is projections on Main Street & Space Mountain (which I've been calling for years,) however here are the questions I have:

•Nobody has brought this up yet which surprises me but, what's going on with Fantasmic? After seeing what Disneyland could do with the show, it's kinda long overdue for an upgrade over here, not only that but where is Snow White? Her barge has been MIA for the entire year.

•Has PTN ever left the West Coast and brought over here, specifically the Mac Truck, the so called reason why we can't have PTN in MK.

•How in the world could Spectromagic actually return? If that parade was to actually make some form of return I would be so happy as that parade was the parade I grew up watching.

•Who exactly is in charge of TDO's budget and why the heck are they so cheap???

•Can DHS actually receive another day parade or even better a night parade or even better PTN?

•Why is SWAGS (Galactic Spectacular) so lackluster than it was when it first debuted? Is there also a possibility for a new show anytime soon?

•Dinosaur is staying right?

•Are the special Epcot tags (4th, POE, NYE) gonna remain the same or be changed, or even happen at all?

•Will they ever get rid of or change the VOTLM and BATB shows at DHS?

That's all I have.

IMO something seems off with the all the PTN rumors and info. If PTN is still sitting backstage and not thrown into a dumpster yet then they must not be done with it, and how could they be? Yes it might be expensive to run but I’m sure it wasn’t to cheap to build either. If they can’t afford to run it then send it somewhere that can.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Questions for Insiders:

What's replacing Stitch's Great Escape?
In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the floating performers? What exactly will that be?
In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the Tea Party? What exactly will that be?
When is the new Impressions de France movie going to debut?
What exactly will the Mary Poppins attraction be?
What's the debut date of HarmoniUS?
When is Spaceship Earth closing for its major refurb?
What are the new scenes in Star Tours?
When will Space 220 open?
What's the next big step in transportation? More gondolas or another system (and what will the nature of that system be)?
What will the play zones in PLAY! be?
What's the plan for the Tiki Room? And if any changes, when will they be?
What's the theme of the next "monorail resort"? When will it break ground? Is it going between GF and MK, or, between Contemporary and TTA?
Why was the Main Street Theater cancelled? Where did its budget go to?
Is Speedway being rethemed to Tron Racers? And with electric vehicles?
When is CoPs update going to start?
Is the Agent P. mobile game being replaced by Ducktales? If yes, when?
Are both Ratatouille and MMRR both opening Memorial Day weekend? Will one or both be open sooner (when)?
Which of the DHS will be the first to be refreshed/updated: IJSS, VotLM, BatB, or F!?
Is RoL being changed again? When? What will the new version be like?
When will Disney buy new monorails?
What IPs will be in the new Cirque show?
Is The Wave going to become a steakhouse? An Incredibles M&G?
Will the Contemporary get an Incredibles/Mid-Century retheme?
When will they start building the SWL TSR?
What will be the price tag for the Star Wars Resort event?
When will a new PhilharMagic show debut? What songs will be featured?

wdwfan22

IMO something seems off with the all the PTN rumors and info. If PTN is still sitting backstage and not thrown into a dumpster yet then they must not be done with it, and how could they be? Yes it might be expensive to run but I’m sure it wasn’t to cheap to build either. If they can’t afford to run it then send it somewhere that can.

The Disneyland Resort will return Paint The Night when they need another boost in attendance. Until then it will collect dust.

Raineman

It's a discussion board. Discussing a self-proclaimed insider's credibility is completely germane. If you don't like it, then *you* don't read.

Are you on Universal's payroll defending him so that there are embarrassing Disney leaks?

You see how that nonsense of claiming people's intentions are because they're hired by someone is counterproductive? It's just a form of ad hominem.

Just so you know, everything this alleged insider has said is mostly a rehash of what our insiders have said plus speculation that won't come to fruition for over a year. Let him give us a few insider leaks about stuff coming out soon that no one else knows about.
The OP HAD to expect a decent level of skepticism, IMO, and anyone who questions the skepticism doesn't seem to get it. Those of us who have frequented this forum for a while have seen many so called "insiders" come and go over the years, so it's natural to assume this is another one popping up. The only one that I personally count on to have the real scoop on here is @marni1971 - anyone else I am skeptical about. If, in the coming years, OP's comments are proven to be very accurate, then his claims of employment with Disney would be very believable-but until then, there are going to be doubters, myself included.

ToTBellHop

Yeah, I'm with you on this... I'm really going to need some sort of input from @wdwmagic on the reasoning between the delete and undo because my eyes are about to roll out of my head on some of these posts.
I haven’t seen this level of self aggrandizement since spirit left us. If he’s for real, Bob Chapek should be worried. Such a prodigious self promoter puts the likes of Al Lutz to shame. “[I personally made it so that didn’t happen]” lines make me laugh. Either Bob Chapek is a know it all blowhard who always gets his way or he’s not.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Thanks for picking on me! Always fun to see the legacy posters go after people wanting to simply read a fun thread that may lead to some interesting info.
I'm not picking on you specifically, but as a token representative of the few who are taking OP seriously.

If it turns out that OP is who he says he is... er, rather, is not who he says he is (because he wants Disney to think he is someone else), but is who he wants us to believe he is ... then please accept my heartfelt apologies.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Questions for Insiders:

What's replacing Stitch's Great Escape?
In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the floating performers? What exactly will that be?
In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the Tea Party? What exactly will that be?
When is the new Impressions de France movie going to debut?
What exactly will the Mary Poppins attraction be?
What's the debut date of HarmoniUS?
When is Spaceship Earth closing for its major refurb?
What are the new scenes in Star Tours?
When will Space 220 open?
What's the next big step in transportation? More gondolas or another system (and what will the nature of that system be)?
What will the play zones in PLAY! be?
What's the plan for the Tiki Room? And if any changes, when will they be?
What's the theme of the next "monorail resort"? When will it break ground? Is it going between GF and MK, or, between Contemporary and TTA?
Why was the Main Street Theater cancelled? Where did its budget go to?
Is Speedway being rethemed to Tron Racers? And with electric vehicles?
When is CoPs update going to start?
Is the Agent P. mobile game being replaced by Ducktales? If yes, when?
Are both Ratatouille and MMRR both opening Memorial Day weekend? Will one or both be open sooner (when)?
Which of the DHS will be the first to be refreshed/updated: IJSS, VotLM, BatB, or F!?
Is RoL being changed again? When? What will the new version be like?
When will Disney buy new monorails?
What IPs will be in the new Cirque show?
Is The Wave going to become a steakhouse? An Incredibles M&G?
Will the Contemporary get an Incredibles/Mid-Century retheme?
When will they start building the SWL TSR?
What will be the price tag for the Star Wars Resort event?
When will a new PhilharMagic show debut? What songs will be featured?
And... how many tickets do they sell to MNSSHP and MVMCP?

DisneyOutsider

I haven’t seen this level of self aggrandizement since spirit left us. If he’s for real, Bob Chapek should be worried. Such a prodigious self promoter puts the likes of Al Lutz to shame. “[I personally made it so that didn’t happen]” lines make me laugh. Either Bob Chapek is a know it all blowhard who always gets his way or he’s not.

Either OP is lying about their insider status, or he/she is incredibly foolish. I hope it's the latter, but I'll keep my best guesses to myself and watch it play out.

Also, @FigmentFan82 's tireless defense of OP against all logic and reason is awfully suspicious.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The OP HAD to expect a decent level of skepticism, IMO, and anyone who questions the skepticism doesn't seem to get it. Those of us who have frequented this forum for a while have seen many so called "insiders" come and go over the years, so it's natural to assume this is another one popping up. The only one that I personally count on to have the real scoop on here is @marni1971 - anyone else I am skeptical about. If, in the coming years, OP's comments are proven to be very accurate, then his claims of employment with Disney would be very believable-but until then, there are going to be doubters, myself included.
I'd add @MansionButler84 and @Magic Feather to the trustworthy list. They've both been on long enough and provided enough info that came to fruition to satisfy me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom