Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

I'm interested in these changes to the fireworks show. Because you say that it will be more like Disneyland Forever, but Happily Ever After essentially is Disneyland Forever. It's not really much of a celebration of Disneyland when you have stuff like Let It Go in it.

PeoplemoverTTA

I don't see how this could be done. At least not well. The castle projections work because it is elevated and separated from everything and everyone. There is a clear line-of-sight from the projectors to the surface being projected on. Main Street is wall to wall people. You could only project on the "upper levels" (which isn't a lot of vertical real estate, due to the forced perspective) and I question how good that would look.

Or I could be totally wrong about all of this.

Disneyland Forever used Main Street projections and they looked great, IMHO. It can definitely be done.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I welcome any idea that helps spread guests out from the center for MK night shows, as long as the effects are intriguing.

People are tired after a long day and everyone herding on top of each other in the middle is a recipe for nasty interactions.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Still a little confused by this thread and the OP. Maybe this is why the thread went dark for a day. But, based on the OP’s posting history and own words, they’ve been a CM for 24 years, spending some time as a GMR tour guide, but recently “transferring” to MK to “work the Halloween parties.” Is this typical work for “leadership” and not “your commoners like CM's”? And they needed “clearance to join the forum” and “joined after years of wanting to” and “to start posting I had to get coorporate clearance,” yet they actually joined and started posting 10 months ago.

OP could be on the up and up. All of what the OP is saying could be happening. Just feels odd.
My disguise. Halloween, costumes, I think you can see how the joke was going. I asked questions pretending to be one of the more clueless CM's. I joined with the intent of sharing things but needed to create a disguise first. But I did work in the park for 15 years before leadership. I loved my role as a tour guide.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Is there any particular enhancements or improvements for the 50th that haven't been on anyone's radar yet? Either big or small?
Yes. You guys are onto a lot.
Anything starting at AK by the 50th besides updating shows and decorations?
It wont open by the 50th but there will be an announcement. Expect a thrilling new "journey"
Is there anything gaining traction for Stitch's Great Escape, or is it still just M&G for the foreseeable future?
Ideas are being thrown around but nothing solid.
Will the MK Railroad be operating for the 50th? If so, any change to it in honor of the Anni?
Yes it will be running. No changes.
will Marie ever come back to MK or Epcot as M&G?
Yes.
Let's talk about expanded projection mapping for this new HEA replacement. Full mapping of the entire castle including the back? What about a rumor of projections on the entire length of Main Street itself?
Yes. Main street, and the other park icons visible from the hub.
No. He's my boss, and a coward.
OPRAH WINFREY?!!??
YOU GET A CAR!

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Still a little confused by this thread and the OP. Maybe this is why the thread went dark for a day. But, based on the OP’s posting history and own words, they’ve been a CM for 24 years, spending some time as a GMR tour guide, but recently “transferring” to MK to “work the Halloween parties.” Is this typical work for “leadership” and not “your commoners like CM's”? And they needed “clearance to join the forum” and “joined after years of wanting to” and “to start posting I had to get coorporate clearance,” yet they actually joined and started posting 10 months ago.

OP could be on the up and up. All of what the OP is saying could be happening. Just feels odd.
My disguise. Halloween, costumes, I think you can see how the joke was going. I asked questions pretending to be one of the more clueless CM's. I joined with the intent of sharing things but needed to create a disguise first. But I did work in the park for 15 years before leadership. I loved my role as a tour guide.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I wasn't questioning you. I was questioning Peanuts. His profile says he is only 40.
19b.jpg

CJR

Funny question - what makes PTN so expensive that they would rather keep it in storage? I can see it being more expensive, but what's the real burden to it? More cast? Floats are large, but they're also more efficient and reliable. So just curious what exactly they dislike.

brb1006

Yes. You guys are onto a lot.

It wont open by the 50th but there will be an announcement. Expect a thrilling new "journey"

Ideas are being thrown around but nothing solid.

Yes it will be running. No changes.

Yes.

Yes. Main street, and the other park icons visible from the hub.

No. He's my boss, and a coward.

YOU GET A CAR!
Any specific time or location Marie is set to return? Also will her brothers Toulouse and Berlioz finally make their U.S debut (They been at Tokyo and Paris for a while now. They just recently popped up at Shanghai for the daytime parade). After all, the Cheshire Cat just made his U.S. debut for this year's Frightfully Fun Parade at DCA in Disneyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom