Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figments Friend

Can’t we just have a Tokyo Dreamlights clone and split the development costs with OLC?

WWD just needs a ALL NEW nighttime light parade.
WHY won't TDO invest in this?
This is the absolute guaranteed way to get attendance up when combined with the other offerings coming for the 50th.
The splashy marketing campaign will gladly enjoy adding the 'All New Parade!' headline in all the promotional paraphernalia.

Step up, Orlando.
Stop dragging your feet and prolonging what you know is the right thing to do!

Last edited:

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
This is the absolute guaranteed way to get attendance up when combined with the other offerings coming for the 50th.
The splashing marketing will gladly enjoy adding the 'All New Parade!' headline in all the marketing.

Step up, Orlando.
The boss told us that it's too expensive. We run the most expensive parade (Festival of Fantasy) and have the most expensive fireworks of any Disney Park worldwide. Theres no room in the budget. Also, a new parade wont be done in time for the 50th.

CJR

Also, a new parade wont be done in time for the 50th.

This is a truth.

Still, I would rather them have no parade at all than ship MSEP back to Florida. It's where it should be, IMHO.

The best option, if they insist on bringing over an existing parade, is shipping over Paris' old parade. With a good refresh, of course.

Figments Friend

The boss told us that it's too expensive. We run the most expensive parade (Festival of Fantasy) and have the most expensive fireworks of any Disney Park worldwide. Theres no room in the budget. Also, a new parade wont be done in time for the 50th.

At this point in time, yes, that is true....
No way they could make the 50th now by constructing a new Parade.
I personally wish they had the foresight however to have pursued that far enough in advance to make it happen though.
Would have been a great addition!

-

brb1006

The splashing marketing will gladly enjoy adding the 'All New Parade!' headline in all the marketing.

Step up, Orlando.
WDW's 20th Anniversary even highlighted Spectromagic in this commercial.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
At this point in time, yes, that is true....
No way they could make the 50th now by constructing a new Parade.
I personally wish they had the foresight however to have pursued that far enough in advance to make it happen though.
Would have been a great addition!

-

But OP claims the decision was made in 2016 so to me that would have been long enough to create a new one.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
The best option, if they insist on bringing over an existing parade, is shipping over Paris' old parade. With a good refresh, of course.
Due to contractual obligations this is impossible and isn't even on the table.

aladdin2007

Step up, Orlando.

I agree with you in full. I think the biggest birthday wish everyone has, at least from this site, is surely a grand new light parade for the 50th. Something that makes the Magic Kingdom a crown jewel again. (probably another reason why they want to oust passholders like being discussed in the other thread,,,so they dont have to wow or impress anymore cause most others wont complain so why spend). Im so glad I grew up in the park back in the 80s and 90s etc. Sadly everything is up to pencil pushers today. A MSEP return/refresh is better than nothing I suppose, I would certainly rather see that than the rave paint the night disco blaring down Main Street. But it does seem like a lazy cheap approach to just keep resurrecting MSEP over and over, especially when Orlando cant take care of a parade anymore. Heads should have rolled for the demise of Spectro, but they probably didn't..... I got off on a tangent lol, MSEP is better than nothing I guess is my point, but I sure wish they would start wowing again like they use to, they just dont know how anymore. look at the recent rivers of light changes and epcot forever fireworks; all sub par.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom