Inside the Wonders of Life Pavilion - Food and Wine Festival Center

cdunbar

well it does have to be said that at least they are making use of the building and not just abdoning it at all costs....The pictures were fantastic to look at by the way:shrug:

Fun2BFree

You know what?... I think that the existing WoL building would make a good "WDW Preview Centre" building, like they had on Main Street when WDW first opened.

Tenny317

Oh goodie I am glad, I'm going to stop by next Saturday when I am there!! I'm loving all the merchandise! Too bad Body Wars or Cranimum Command is open during this!

EPCOT Explorer

You know what?... I think that the existing WoL building would make a good "WDW Preview Centre" building, like they had on Main Street when WDW first opened.

You know,I think it would make a great Pavilion about the Wonders of the Human Body.

I wonder why the people at EPCOT havn't though of that.:dazzle:

fmingo36

Thanks for the pictures.
We'll be there the end of the month. My mouth is already salivating. What delicious treat do I want first????

Cmdr_Crimson

So why would they still want to let people know Body Wars is still there?? Also I was really sad to see how General Knowledge & Buzzy are gone from the Cranium Command. All in all it looks like they really didn't rip every thing out in the center..strange?

jedimaster1227

You know,I think it would make a great Pavilion about the Wonders of the Human Body.

I wonder why the people at EPCOT havn't though of that.:dazzle:

Considering the fact that it was acting as the Wonders of Mold and Mildew Pavilion for the last two seasons (during which it opened for a short time for the holidays), I find it comforting to know that the pavilion itself is at least in use in some form. The photos I have from my two visits to the pavilion last December were shocking (healthwise, and poor show on Disney's part) and saddening. Trust me, any work done on the pavilion is good work. Buzzy had a nice clump of dust clinging to his mouth for both times I watched the show last December and ceiling tiles for the entrance to Body Wars were black and brown with mold. The condition the pavilion was in was shameful...

So why would they still want to let people know Body Wars is still there?? Also I was really sad to see how General Knowledge & Buzzy are gone from the Cranium Command. All in all it looks like they really didn't rip every thing out in the center..strange?

I had the privelage to see Cranium Command for the first time last December, and I personally loved it, aged as it was. But considering the condition it was in (see my response to the quote above), I'm glad to see that they are properly retiring it.

As for Body Wars, I've heard two stories:

A. They are testing preliminary (basic) motions for the update for Star Tours.
B. They are keeping it as Standing But Not Operating (SBNO) so that they can possibly reopen it again for this holiday season, now that the rest of the pavilion has been "cleaned up."

Honestly, I'm doubtful about either, but I find the first story to be a little more likely, as the state Body Wars was in when I rode it was horrible. I've never gotten a migrane from any ride (including simulators like Star Tours, and this wasn't my first time on Body Wars). Overall, I thought my neck was going to snap when flying through the brain...

maelstrom

If they're going to use it for other things now and WoL is officially dead, they should really take out all of the sad 1980s WoL props and decor. And first time visitors are going to wonder, "what is that Body Wars thing over there?". Get rid of the sign. It would just look much better if they took out the WoL props, sets, and decor. It looks hastily put together now and not nice.

ROEFan88

An interesting question - what happens to the pavilion after F&W? I find it sad that they seem to have removed WOL's identity entirely (by removing/covering the last remaining outdoor sign, for example). It just seems terribly cheap to me that Disney would tart up an old space and pass it off as something new - apart from the leftovers inside, there seem to be no traces of the pavilion's history to be seen, and I find it even more sad that Epcot newbies will enter the building and have no idea what it used to be. After F&W, what reason do Disney have to bother reverting to the Wonders Of Life name? It'll just be a nameless wasted space instead.

I suppose WOL still frustrates me slightly because I still don't fully understand why it's been left to rot for so long...

JLW11Hi

That "BODY WARS" sign looks pretty rediculous there, and is sure to attract some strange looks for the people visiting for the festival. It wouldn't have been THAT hard to cover it up!

Figment1986

It would just look much better if they took out the WoL props, sets, and decor. It looks hastily put together now and not nice.

maybe they ran out of time to finish the renovation so they did what they could and will finish it after food and wine festival, or they still have a glimmer of hope they will use it for this at the moment but in the future someone else will want to use everything for something new.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
As far as props are concerned.. Its mostly gone. All of Sensory Funhouse ceases to exist.

They really did everything they could to remove all signage and such from the building too. It's like a shape rather then a designed place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom