Inquiry on legitimacy, DVC Rental Brokers, Any feedback is appreciated!

littlelenny

Original Poster
I'm planning my first trip to Disney in late August,
I've been searching for fair prices for the disney deluxe resorts, for about a month now and have concluded: A DVC rental is the best option for me. Initially, I contacted David's DVC Rentals, followed by BookDVC and dvcrentalstore, all three of which did not have availability for the room and resort of my choice. I then found a website called dvcreservations which indicated on their calendar they had availability at my resort of choice; However after having searched for reviews on: their website, facebook, twitter, tripadvisor, wdwboards and mousesavers there seems to be almost no information on their services. They have a good rating on BBB however no accreditation, they have a texting hotline but no phone number. They have responded to my text inquiries but I do not appreciate that they do not provide welcome emails (containing the booking confirmation number) until the full payment has been made. They instead provide an "invoice" to confirm the availability of a rental, which states the name of the DVC rental owner as part of a contract upon payment.
There seem to be limited, but none the less positive reviews of the website on tripadvisor canada about this broker but I want to reach out for some first-hand advice/information/complaints/feedback on this site before I make any decisions. If you have ANYTHING to share please do, if would be of great help, either comment below or send me a pm.

jaklgreen

Well there is a difference between the resort being available and the company having someone with points to spare at the time. I have booked with Davids a few times and they will tell you(as I am sure that DVCrentals is the same way) whether there is availability on Disney's end. If Disney does not have any availability then NO ONE will be able to book that for you. If Disney does have availability but the company does not have any members with extra points, that is different. What exactly did Davids and DVCrental say to you? Did they say that there was no availability or did they say the room was available and they are trying to find a DVC member with points? What are your dates? Any of us DVC members can look up the resort to see if there is availability. I would be very suspicious of a company that operates like the one you mentioned.

mousehockey37

I'm planning my first trip to Disney in late August,
I've been searching for fair prices for the disney deluxe resorts, for about a month now and have concluded: A DVC rental is the best option for me. Initially, I contacted David's DVC Rentals, followed by BookDVC and dvcrentalstore, all three of which did not have availability for the room and resort of my choice. I then found a website called dvcreservations which indicated on their calendar they had availability at my resort of choice; However after having searched for reviews on: their website, facebook, twitter, tripadvisor, wdwboards and mousesavers there seems to be almost no information on their services. They have a good rating on BBB however no accreditation, they have a texting hotline but no phone number. They have responded to my text inquiries but I do not appreciate that they do not provide welcome emails (containing the booking confirmation number) until the full payment has been made. They instead provide an "invoice" to confirm the availability of a rental, which states the name of the DVC rental owner as part of a contract upon payment.
There seem to be limited, but none the less positive reviews of the website on tripadvisor canada about this broker but I want to reach out for some first-hand advice/information/complaints/feedback on this site before I make any decisions. If you have ANYTHING to share please do, if would be of great help, either comment below or send me a pm.

When are your dates for you trip you'd like to book? The little secret that used to be renting DVC isn't a secret anymore and it keeps getting tougher and tougher to get reservations via renting DVC.

Also, due to sponsorship issues, not all DVC rental sites are able to be discussed openly.

dreamfinder

A few things. First, no DVC broker has magical access to room availability. And unless they already booked a reservation with the hope of then renting it out (like some people on eBay do) there is no way for anyone to tell you in advance that they have availability. That said, without you providing more details so that an owner on here can double check availability for you, alot of it comes down to what exactly the other brokers told you. If they told you that they didn't have any points available in their inventory, that is very different from not being able to make a reservation. If you are between 7 & 11 months out, and are looking for a popular resort it's entirely possible they just don't have any points to rent at that location. If you are less than 7 months out, or are looking for a less popular result, then it's most likely that there are no rooms.

correcaminos

A few things. First, no DVC broker has magical access to room availability. And unless they already booked a reservation with the hope of then renting it out (like some people on eBay do) there is no way for anyone to tell you in advance that they have availability. That said, without you providing more details so that an owner on here can double check availability for you, alot of it comes down to what exactly the other brokers told you. If they told you that they didn't have any points available in their inventory, that is very different from not being able to make a reservation. If you are between 7 & 11 months out, and are looking for a popular resort it's entirely possible they just don't have any points to rent at that location. If you are less than 7 months out, or are looking for a less popular result, then it's most likely that there are no rooms.

This! The only other option is someone who booked the reservation thinking they'd use it and then somehow are not able to go on the trip.
Owners can check for you as stated above. But unless someone has a confirmed reservation, if it's not available, it's simply not available. If it seems off to you, then likely it is too good to be true.

slappy magoo

I just did a search for the back half of August for EVERY DVC resort, studio rooms only every category.

You can still get a week at Saratoga, Preferred Category, checking in 8/25, checking out 9/1. Standard view, checking in the 27th, checking out 9/1. Same dates at Old Key West

Other than that there are a couple of single night or 2 night stays at Bay Lake, Kidani and Copper Creek.

That's it. Every other studio is booked 2nd half of August.

Skibum1970

I booked in March for a November trip. Wanted BLT (a guy can dream) or WL. Ended up with Old Key West and am looking forward to it. The allure of a less expensive stay at a Disney Deluxe is really drawing people into the rental scene.

Dvcreservations

They have responded to my text inquiries but I do not appreciate that they do not provide welcome emails (containing the booking confirmation number) until the full payment has been made. They instead provide an "invoice" to confirm the availability of a rental, which states the name of the DVC rental owner as part of a contract upon payment.

Saw this thread, so we thought we would stop by and officially and address some of these.

Every service operates differently. If you receive an official invoice from us, the reservation AND the dvc owner are already matched up. However, we do not finalize said reservation until such time as an invoice is paid.

This is because in many cases the DVC owner needs to bank or pull his points from other use years to make your dream trip happen. This is a process that often can't be reversed. We protect the renters AND the owners incredibly hard and through trial and error, we believe the system works the best in this method. There are many more positive results than negative results, and it leads to happier owners and renters.

Note well, that any paid invoice is returned to you instantly in the unlikely event that there is a reservation error. Once again, we are incredibly careful to protect both sides. We do realize that other services do things in slightly different manners. However, we can tell you, that people who use us love the service and support they get.

I thank you so much for chiming in. Its appreciated!

Dvcreservations

On the subject of the rental calendar:

Be advised that the availability calendar (as stated on our system) is a ROUGH guide, not true availability. So there are indeed cases when the calendar will show a price when a date is actually sold out.

Disney offers no live view of dates to non DVC owners. The calendar on the site offers an approx of common sellouts and helps you identify dates that you do not want to consider, so you can focus on those that are possibly available. Can't tell you the number of manhours involved in entering data on the calendar, but we do it because we love our customers and want to give them something to go by. But, it is correct, that it will not be entirely accurate especially at the 7 and 11 month marks exactly.

Hope that helps!

Dvcreservations

A few things. First, no DVC broker has magical access to room availability.

This is a great point.

If someone looks up DVC availability for you and there is none, the same will be true no matter what service you use. There is one master DVC availability system that disney uses. No one has "magic access" to a greater availability system.

All our best

Janir

have a texting hotline but no phone number. They have responded to my text inquiries but I do not appreciate that they do not provide welcome emails (containing the booking confirmation number) until the full payment has been made
No phone number to talk to s live person and no email presence unless you've already booked? Both of those are red flags IMHO. I'm gonna guess its just 1-2 people running a points clearing house business via cell phone. Maybe no BBB issues and maybe they are trying hard and not any sort of scammer, but if you have issues you're gonna want to talk to someone. I know I would. And issues can crop up easily even before all the paperwork is done.

Dvcreservations

Our customers experiences are quick and accurate. We stand by our years and years of happy customers and we invite those to see our performance directly.

As forum discussions can go way off tangent very easily, we will end it at that and appreciated all comments made. Our best to all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom