Innoventions question

Deno

Original Poster
Hi all

What's the deal with Innoventions right now? It was 2015 when we were last there and am I correct in thinking only one side is open? We are going back in August, I suppose I shouldn't expect much change there between now and then?

I remember first going to EPCOT in 1988 and being blown away with Communicore East and West. In the years following that I remember seeing HDTV for the first time, browsing the Internet and seeing Silicon Graphics Workstations in action. Glorious times...

disneygeek90

There's not a whole lot happening if I remember correctly. One side currently has a (semi?) permanent AP store/promo gift/lounge area type thing. Across from it is some sort of colortopia activity. I haven't really looked into that. Honestly aside from that and the Chase card picture spot... I'm not sure what else is really there. I think the xbox/playstation games are still somewhat up and running.

Innoventions desperately needs help.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
There's not a whole lot happening if I remember correctly. One side currently has a (semi?) permanent AP store/promo gift/lounge area type thing. Across from it is some sort of colortopia activity. I haven't really looked into that. Honestly aside from that and the Chase card picture spot... I'm not sure what else is really there. I think the xbox/playstation games are still somewhat up and running.

Innoventions desperately needs help.
Chase picture spot has been moved to Imagination. I think the games are gone and you can't even go into that side of Innoventions anymore, except from the breezeway for the Baymax and Joy/Sadness character spots. Colortopia is actually fun -- it's worth a few minutes. And yes, Innovention desperately needs help, or to be put out of its misery.

parkhopper1213

We loved Innoventions, and its been dying a slow death over the past few years. Sponsors, like the one for the Sum of All Thrills, had month to month contracts and pulled out when attendance dropped.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Chase picture spot has been moved to Imagination. I think the games are gone and you can't even go into that side of Innoventions anymore, except from the breezeway for the Baymax and Joy/Sadness character spots. Colortopia is actually fun -- it's worth a few minutes. And yes, Innovention desperately needs help, or to be put out of its misery.

Indeed that is the case. Colortopia is the only "Innovention" left. Next to Colortopia they sometime use the space for AP stuff (pick up your Food & Wine tumbler) or for festivals (Animation Academy).

The whole area is due for a major rework with the promised update of Epcot. The central spine and Innoventions/CommuniCore is part of Phase I. Don't expect anything there to continue to exist as is. It will be replace or majorly updated.

Here's the current sad state of the place:
upload_2017-4-21_23-27-59.png

Dunston

Innoventions does have that place with wacky sodas... one of the only free things there is to do in the whole park

Bender123

Indeed that is the case. Colortopia is the only "Innovention" left. Next to Colortopia they sometime use the space for AP stuff (pick up your Food & Wine tumbler) or for festivals (Animation Academy).

The whole area is due for a major rework with the promised update of Epcot. The central spine and Innoventions/CommuniCore is part of Phase I. Don't expect anything there to continue to exist as is. It will be replace or majorly updated.

Here's the current sad state of the place:
View attachment 200746

You know the rules about "Empty Space to Chill"...we don't go advertising that space. Those bathrooms and couches are better when less people know about them.

Monorail_Red_77

Also, don't forget they just recently opened "The SpectacuLAB" in Innoventions East. Haven't seen it first hand yet (Internet videos don't count). I will reserve judgment until January......

WVParkfan

Also, don't forget they just recently opened "The SpectacuLAB" in Innoventions East. Haven't seen it first hand yet (Internet videos don't count). I will reserve judgment until January......

Any update? Making our first trip to WDW in 8 years, and it sounds like Epcot hasn't changed a bit... and perhaps has lost more. Sigh... I don't want this to be our 1/2 day park. We always enjoyed Innoventions when the kids were small.

Monorail_Red_77

Any update? Making our first trip to WDW in 8 years, and it sounds like Epcot hasn't changed a bit... and perhaps has lost more. Sigh... I don't want this to be our 1/2 day park. We always enjoyed Innoventions when the kids were small.
Innoventions East has The SpectacuLAB and Colortopia. That's it, all of the rest is gone or behind refurb walls. Innoventions East is listed as just Innoventions on guide Maps now.
Innoventions West is now an extension of Character Spot with Baymax and Joy & Sadness Meet and Greets, with their own wait queues. Innoventions West is actually not even listed on the Guide Maps anymore. That's all on this side of Innoventions. The rest is behind refurb walls.

Hopefully something will come of these emptyish buildings soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom