Inno-stench-ions

EpcotFanForever

Original Poster
Yea...Innoventions is right over the very short Epcot tunnel system, which houses the trash system(I believe).

Sometimes the smell leaks up. You can find the same problem in Mickey's Philarmagic queue.

Thanks, but this odor was not like trash - it smelled like overflowing toilets - very foul and very strong!

LordHelmut

I've always found that (ironically enough) right around the same area where a manhole is located. Could this possibly be a sewer location ? Hmmmmm......

CrashNet

Ah yes...the "Epcot smell." Would you believe its the special "herbs and spices" they put in the flower beds to make those flowers bloom their best? They put out some ripe stuff a few times a year, especially around Flower and Garden. Don't forget as well, most of the water they use in their sprinkler systems is all reclaimed water. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is wasted at Disney. :lol:

EpcotFanForever

Original Poster
Ah yes...the "Epcot smell." Would you believe its the special "herbs and spices" they put in the flower beds to make those flowers bloom their best? They put out some ripe stuff a few times a year, especially around Flower and Garden. Don't forget as well, most of the water they use in their sprinkler systems is all reclaimed water. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is wasted at Disney. :lol:

Wow - thanks so much - I never guessed it was the flower beds. But it REALLY smells ripe inside the buildings - so strong that my family refuses to enter.

raven

The reclaimed water that runs off of SSE is punped into the lagoon, not the fountain. And the fertilizer used by horticulture (once a month) smells like bad parmasian cheese. They apply it as soon as guests leave for the night and the smell is usually gone by morning (a familiar smell to us that work 3rd shift). But honestly I think the "smell" that everyone is refering to has something to do with the air conditioning in those buildings. Like I said before, you can't smell it after park hours.

StageFrenzy

The reclaimed water that runs off of SSE is punped into the lagoon, not the fountain. And the fertilizer used by horticulture (once a month) smells like bad parmasian cheese. They apply it as soon as guests leave for the night and the smell is usually gone by morning (a familiar smell to us that work 3rd shift). But honestly I think the "smell" that everyone is refering to has something to do with the air conditioning in those buildings. Like I said before, you can't smell it after park hours.

I meant reclaimed water as in reclaimed and kinda cleaned at a sewage plant

CrashNet

You're being nice. Bad parmasian cheese is only the half of that smell. :lol: Ahhh memories...

EpcotFanForever

Original Poster
Maybe Cousin Eddie works in horticulture...

eddie.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom