Ingress at WDW

J_Krafty24

Original Poster
Are there any other Ingress players here who can give me advise for playing at WDW? My husband and I have a weeklong trip planned for this winter. His requirement was that we plan plenty of time for ingressing while we are down there. He especially wants to do missions.

Can anyone give me general ingressing at WDW tips?

Any mission suggestions? Preferable smaller ones that take no longer than an hour or two max while still enjoying the atmosphere.

* For those of you not in the know, Ingress is a worldwide (the real world, not just Disney World) augmented reality game developed by google and played on a smartphone app. It is similar to geocaching and capture the flag. WDW has a very high concentration of portals, the in game data points the two teams battle over.

J_Krafty24

Original Poster
Defenatly looking forward to the release of Pokemon Go. If it is released in time will be playing that in Disney too.

FigmentForver96

Defenatly looking forward to the release of Pokemon Go. If it is released in time will be playing that in Disney too.
OMG another ingress player!! There are a lot of portals around the resort so I would make sure to go to disney with plenty of xp and all the gadgets needed. My advice is to start storing points now! You can't have to many! Good luck!

jmenjes

Not an Ingress player myself, but for those who Munzee, there are TONS of Virtual Munzees available to capture around the World

flhurricane

There are about a million portals (give or take a few). Don't expect to build many fields and have they stay up a long time. Things flip pretty fast usually. We usually play when we're over there - it's a great time killer.

You'll find missions at almost every ride. If you do Epcot, there are several missions in each country using the same portals repetitively.

Like @FigmentForver96 said, store your gear before you come. He'll be able to pile on a lot of unique portal visits & caps.

Have fun!

Victaman

Are there any other Ingress players here who can give me advise for playing at WDW? My husband and I have a weeklong trip planned for this winter. His requirement was that we plan plenty of time for ingressing while we are down there. He especially wants to do missions.

Can anyone give me general ingressing at WDW tips?

Any mission suggestions? Preferable smaller ones that take no longer than an hour or two max while still enjoying the atmosphere.

* For those of you not in the know, Ingress is a worldwide (the real world, not just Disney World) augmented reality game developed by google and played on a smartphone app. It is similar to geocaching and capture the flag. WDW has a very high concentration of portals, the in game data points the two teams battle over.

My wife and I enjoy Geocaching but this is the first time I've heard of Ingress. Can you tell me which apps I should download to try it out? There are a few in the App Store (iTunes) so I didn't want to get a bad one and then not enjoy it because I tried it with a faulty app.

Thanks!

J_Krafty24

Original Poster
This is what the app looks like in the Android store. I assume on itunes the logo will be the same and it will talk about the creator being Niantic. Its been awhile since Ive been on itunes. There is only one official app for Ingress. There may be others in itunes and the android store but using them would be against tos and could result in your account being shut down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-01-14-59-49.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-01-14-59-49.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 36

WhatJaneSays

I literally just started playing Ingress at WDW and it seems fairly active here, it's been a bit of a learning curve because of how fast things turn over. Various parks or resorts seem to tend toward one side or the other. At the moment it seems like MK is Enlightened territory and Resistance is mostly over at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom