Information Systems at WDW?

wishiwere@wdw

Original Poster
I've been working in the computer field for many years. I have my Assoc. degree and a few computer certifications. I'm curious if the requirements are a little bit less for the IS field because usually experience and certifications count for more than college. Does anybody here work in Disney IS? If so, how is it? I'm sure the pay isn't as good as elsewhere but it has been my life long dream to work there. Unfortunately, I just don't see myself working "in" the park because it isn't my personality. I would rather be behind the scenes with operations. Any info would be great! Until then, I'll keep calling and checking on the web for positions!

cm1988

I've been working in the computer field for many years. I have my Assoc. degree and a few computer certifications. I'm curious if the requirements are a little bit less for the IS field because usually experience and certifications count for more than college. Does anybody here work in Disney IS? If so, how is it? I'm sure the pay isn't as good as elsewhere but it has been my life long dream to work there. Unfortunately, I just don't see myself working "in" the park because it isn't my personality. I would rather be behind the scenes with operations. Any info would be great! Until then, I'll keep calling and checking on the web for positions!
So, here.... 19 years later... I’ll answer this one. I was a 17 year cast member in what was then called the Information Technology division at WDW. I started in merchandise with a Masters Degree and it still took me 12 years to get over there. So, okay, I wasn’t a “rising star”; just loved working there.

To people who have at least an undergrad degree, and want to work in whatever they’re calling their tech division these days, I suggest going in as a consultant with one of the many national firms that sends people to Disney on 6 to 12 month assignments. If WDW likes what you do as consultant and needs your skill set, they’ll offer you a job. Really! I’ve seen that happen many times. The pay will be good because consultants are expensive and they won’t offer you a big pay cut. And if you are not offered a Disney.job, chances are your consulting company will send you somewhere else for six months or so, then there will be another opportunity at Disney, and then you’ll go back and try again. All that time, you’re making pretty danged good money. And you’re doing your thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom