Information on some dining selections

Crazydisneygirl

Original Poster
My husband and I are going in September to celebrate our 25 Wedding anniversary. This is the first time at Disney without kids. My husband made some suggestions on Dining. He loves the Disney princesses. Please let me know of the following selections: Hollywood Brown Derby, Cinderella Happily ever after dinner, Supercalafragisitic Breakfast, Princess Story brook dinning. Also want to do the Skipper Canteen and Coral Reef(one of my favorite). Please includes the food, atmosphere and thoughts.

slappy magoo

Haven't been to Brown Derby since becoming parents so consider this a dated review but wife and I always enjoyed it and intend to one day go back.

I find it increasingly harder to justify the insane prices for any of the meals inside Cinderella's castle.
Supercalafragisitic Breakfast, I think is great and while not cheap it's comparatively more of a "value" than going to the castle. My recommendation (if you're staying on site) would be to make reservations one day when MK has early morning Extra Magic Hours, but make them as late as possible. Treat it like a brunch. Go to MK with as light a breakfast as you can, a tide-you-over breakfast. You boat over to GF a half hour before your reservation. They will continue to make fresh food so you're not just getting the leftover dregs (plus there's a MTO egg/omelet station), and if you want character interaction you'll get more of it because as other guests leave more people aren't coming to take their place.

Princess Story brook dining - food's not great (OK, not great and nothing is made to order), but it's a great way to get into Epcot early, and if your husband loves princesses, he won't be disappointed.

Coral Reef was a satisfactory meal but there are far better places to dine in World Showcase. Cool decor with all of the aquariums, but neither my wife nor I walked out of there thinking "we must come back."

Never dined at Skipper Canteen.

Crazydisneygirl

Original Poster
Haven't been to Brown Derby since becoming parents so consider this a dated review but wife and I always enjoyed it and intend to one day go back.

I find it increasingly harder to justify the insane prices for any of the meals inside Cinderella's castle.
Supercalafragisitic Breakfast, I think is great and while not cheap it's comparatively more of a "value" than going to the castle. My recommendation (if you're staying on site) would be to make reservations one day when MK has early morning Extra Magic Hours, but make them as late as possible. Treat it like a brunch. Go to MK with as light a breakfast as you can, a tide-you-over breakfast. You boat over to GF a half hour before your reservation. They will continue to make fresh food so you're not just getting the leftover dregs (plus there's a MTO egg/omelet station), and if you want character interaction you'll get more of it because as other guests leave more people aren't coming to take their place.

Princess Story brook dining - food's not great (OK, not great and nothing is made to order), but it's a great way to get into Epcot early, and if your husband loves princesses, he won't be disappointed.

Coral Reef was a satisfactory meal but there are far better places to dine in World Showcase. Cool decor with all of the aquariums, but neither my wife nor I walked out of there thinking "we must come back."

Never dined at Skipper Canteen.
Thank you for the info. Like the idea of hit MK first then boat over for a late breakfast.

LeighM

My husband and I only had breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table and I was less than impressed. I'm glad I went once so I could finally see inside the castle but it isn't something I need to do again. We had a great 2 person table that was next to the window overlooking the carousel. The food quality and quantity didn't justify the cost to me...and my food was so salty that I could barely eat it. Hopefully their dinner is better and more consistent. However, I loved both breakfast and dinner at Akershus. I really enjoyed the Norwegian cold buffet (found my new favorite cheese - gjetost). The breakfast was standard but tasty. And I loved the meatball dinner so much, I found the recipe and made it at home.

Crazydisneygirl

Original Poster
My husband and I only had breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table and I was less than impressed. I'm glad I went once so I could finally see inside the castle but it isn't something I need to do again. We had a great 2 person table that was next to the window overlooking the carousel. The food quality and quantity didn't justify the cost to me...and my food was so salty that I could barely eat it. Hopefully their dinner is better and more consistent. However, I loved both breakfast and dinner at Akershus. I really enjoyed the Norwegian cold buffet (found my new favorite cheese - gjetost). The breakfast was standard but tasty. And I loved the meatball dinner so much, I found the recipe and made it at home.
Thank you for the info. We ate at the castle last time and I too did not find the food worth the price but my husband and child loved the castle and seeing all the princesses. That is why we are not doing it this time but husband wanted all the other princess meals. I am looking forward to the Akershus as the food reviews were good.

LeighM

Thank you for the info. We ate at the castle last time and I too did not find the food worth the price but my husband and child loved the castle and seeing all the princesses. That is why we are not doing it this time but husband wanted all the other princess meals. I am looking forward to the Akershus as the food reviews were good.

I enjoyed the atmosphere of Akershus so much more than CRT. We did have a long wait though because of the line to meet Belle. Although Belle isn't the only one does the greet before seating - once we went it was Ariel. My husband was disappointed because Belle is his favorite LOL. I didn't feel like there was the rushed feeling we had at CRT.

crhbrault

Our family’s favorite dinner by far - a “must do” every time - is Cinderella and Prince Charming’s dinner at 1900 Park Fare. You meet them plus Stepmother and the step sisters- interaction with adults is fantastic and buffet meal is great. I’d consider this one as a late reservation so you get in a full park day first. But it’s a lot of fun, and a Princess!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom