Info About Phantom Manor?

HonorableMention

Original Poster
I know a similar thread has been posted recently, but I’m a little confused on some things. How long has this refurb been going on, and what exactly is being done in the ride? I may be visiting later in the year and would want to experience this.

GiveMeTheMusic

I know a similar thread has been posted recently, but I’m a little confused on some things. How long has this refurb been going on, and what exactly is being done in the ride? I may be visiting later in the year and would want to experience this.

It just closed this month. Details about what's being done haven't been released, but we're expecting a general refresh, effect fixing and likely some digital upgrades along the way. Should reopen in time for the Halloween season.

mikenatcity1

It just closed this month. Details about what's being done haven't been released, but we're expecting a general refresh, effect fixing and likely some digital upgrades along the way. Should reopen in time for the Halloween season.

I'm glad I checked this out now- i'm going at the end of May and this was one of my to-dos...it's sad that it's closed for that long!

mikenatcity1

It needs it. Paris has been neglected for a long time, but they're reaching the end of this cycle of really long refurbs to catch up. Phantom Manor is the last long biggie, IIRC.

I haven't been following DLP as much as others. It's sad that an attraction would need that much work from neglect, but i'm glad it's getting attention with the other parts of the park!

cjkeating

I haven't been following DLP as much as others. It's sad that an attraction would need that much work from neglect, but i'm glad it's getting attention with the other parts of the park!

At the 25th anniversary launch Tony Baxter said he thought the park looked in better shape than it did on opening day... and whilst I wasn't there I think the park is looking better than it has for the majority of its existence. You are choosing the right time to go.

mikenatcity1

At the 25th anniversary launch Tony Baxter said he thought the park looked in better shape than it did on opening day... and whilst I wasn't there I think the park is looking better than it has for the majority of its existence. You are choosing the right time to go.

Thanks for saying this! This has actually been one of the biggest things on my mind (knowing the shape of the park). This makes me more excited to go in May :) I'm sad that the park ever had to get to that point...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom