Infants at movies

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
So......tonight, I attempted to go see ANNABELLE COMES COME at the AMC Times Square, and I probably got the exact punishment I deserve for:

A) Purchasing a ticket to ANNABELLE COMES HOME and

B) Purchasing a ticket to see it in Times Square

However, I have to say.....who the hell brings a screeching infant to see an R-rated horror movie??????????????

Baby at the movies.jpg

This place had assigned seating, and these people clearly had no seats to this movie, because they switched seats about four times when the rightful seat holders came and kicked them out. They eventually ended up right in front of me where the kid screamed and cried through the entire first half hour of the movie and mom played on her phone. That was all sorts of fun.

It eventually became so annoying that I had to walk out. The people at AMC Customer Service were great, and gave me this:

AMC readmit.jpg

But this raises the question of why would you possibly bring an infant to a movie, particularly an R-rated horror movie with loud sound effects that instantly sent said infant wailing. I just do not understand people.

The mother of this child owes every single person in that theatre $16.00 each.

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
How did she even get in? She must've snuck in somehow. Yeah, why would you want to even deal with a baby during a movie?

Parent fail and just a lack of common sense.
I was thinking about it and it was either one of two things:

1. We are in the middle of a Manhattan heatwave, and there are few things worse than a Manhattan heatwave, and maybe she decided to escape the heat and theatre-jump all day long. Maybe they didn't have air-conditioning at home, but still, you don't take an infant to see an R-rated horror movie.

2. I just learned that on Tuesday nights, AMC Stubs members get in for a really discounted price (I think six bucks - in NYC, the regular price is tragically around $16.00). So, maybe she was a member and just picked some random movie?

I dunno. Annnyway......pretty much all NYC theatres have gone to assigned seating, and now I'm nervous about who my seatmates are going to be for The Lion King this weekend.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom