Rumor Indiana Jones to possibly reopen this holiday with changes

EeyoreFan#24

Still looks pretty good with the changes. Don’t miss the audience part. As far as the studio aspect goes, I’m guessing to rewrite that would have required changes to how the set movements were done they were not willing to do right now.

The running off mechanic was hilarious btw.

peter11435

Your argument is that no one would have noticed these changes….except for the fact that people noticed these changes almost immediately after the show started back up again? How does that work?

It’s amazing to me the full of yourself argument that since a change doesn’t bother you, that if it bothers other people they should get over themselves. Evidence would seem to point that someone needs to get over themselves (hint it’s you)
I think you missed his point entirely

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Sigh.... At least the things taken out of this show didn't affect it as much as the stuff they took out of Lion King. I'm happy it's back, and my wife's first-time trip family won't know the difference and will still think it's really cool.

The audio seems to be better now, at least.

ToTBellHop

No
JC still has guns for the hippo pool. You can shoot animals but not the people
🤔😂
Um…obviously, you can shoot animals but not humans.

Is that honestly hard for you to comprehend? I hope you are just bored and being purposely argumentative.

We can shoot deer. Not people.

This conversation is one of the dumbest things I’ve read on the internet in a bit. The fake outrage at guns not being pointed at people in 20-freakin-21…I just can’t.

matt9112

The fact that no one would have noticed these changes if not closely pointed out. The majority of guests will literally not notice or care, so if it can make it a more pleasurable viewing experience for other audience members, what’s the issue?
Things still blow up, people get punched, people still fall off buildings, it’s a fun, stunt filled show still.
Some of you need to get over yourselves.

Blowing stuff up is socially acceptable apparently but shooting somebody? Nah.

These Changes dont matter imho but i will still say there unnecessary but thats Disney. The stick thing simply makes alot less sense but its probably alot easier?

So in conclusion....changes do not ruin the show but they also serve no purpose. There changes that seem to have no logical "why"

matt9112

Um…obviously, you can shoot animals but not humans.

Is that honestly hard for you to comprehend? I hope you are just bored and being purposely argumentative.

We can shoot deer. Not people.

This conversation is one of the dumbest things I’ve read on the internet in a bit. The fake outrage at guns not being pointed at people in 20-freakin-21…I just can’t.

Ahhh the good ole guns are only for hunting and sporting purposes argument. A classic. Tyrannical goverments need not apply.

Disneyson

First off, I think that it’s okay to be okay with some sensitivity changes and dislike others.

I’m glad they no longer portray a clueless audience member, especially as if they are a dumb, non-English speaking tourist. Not only was the effect hokey, but I imagine this could offend a great many people. SNL’s literally done a skit of this exact moment as if a real audience member were called up on stage. Sure, the moment is iconic to the show, but it’s harder to swallow as pure comedy nowendays as opposed to watching through your fingers at the cringe.

I do wonder who was offended by the guns. Like - the show is about killing Nazis, which I think are quite universally recognized as “villains”. I fear getting political, but who here is offended that Nazis are getting shot? I feel like Disney is doing a good job of keeping itself out of hot water by totally removing the insignias and the guns… but then we sorta lose part of the bite that Indiana Jones as a property has. It’s a lot easier to disappear villains falling down a ravine than discuss a real-life conflict on stage.

It could also just be that for whatever reason Disney doesn’t want their hero to be associated with shooting people… but, like so many people have said, Han Solo famously shoots people in one of the most popular franchises Disney owns, and whether you call them repulsor cannons or exploding arrows, Marvel frequently destroys villains with projectiles… though maybe not ones as real-life as guns… I think the worst loss in the show is when Indy shoots down the sword-spinner. Iconic movie moment and really one of the few character pieces he has in the show.

pdude81

No one should be lamenting the (presumed) loss of audience participation, which always felt forced and not very funny.

Sorry. I gotta disagree. We always enjoyed the audience interaction in this show, and others. I'm a bit biased in that I got picked about a decade ago. Kids were crazy campaigning to get me picked and enjoyed every second of the questions they'd ask me. The two oldest are in college now. But, they ask about when they're going back. My answer: not any time soon. Sad answer to have to deliver.

It seemed to me like the biggest point of the audience participation was really to keep the crowd entertained while waiting for the show to start. It helped sneak in the plant for the fight scene too, but I didn't think it was all that necessary. I can understand why some would like the familiarity of seeing the same show you saw when you were a kid, though, or when your family member got to feign death in front of strangers.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I’m glad they no longer portray a clueless audience member, especially as if they are a dumb, non-English speaking tourist. Not only was the effect hokey, but I imagine this could offend a great many people.
You've got to REALLY try being offended if that's what offends you.
SNL’s literally done a skit of this exact moment as if a real audience member were called up on stage.
It's a common skit in theatre, and it's always pretty funny in live theatre. :)
Sure, the moment is iconic to the show, but it’s harder to swallow as pure comedy nowadays*
Only to people without a sense of dad humor.
as opposed to watching through your fingers at the cringe.
I live off of your cringe.
I do wonder who was offended by the guns.
I agree. I want to meet them. Where are they at?
Like - the show is about killing Nazis, which I think are quite universally recognized as “villains”. I fear getting political, but who here is offended that Nazis are getting shot?
Exaaaactly.... Stormtroopers get the laser guns but the action adventure stunt show can't keep their guns to kill the bad guys?
I feel like Disney is doing a good job of keeping itself out of hot water by totally removing the insignias and the guns…
They make it worse and awkward. "aaayyeeee! Imma beat you with ma stick! LOL" Who needs swords when you have STICKS!
but then we sorta lose part of the bite that Indiana Jones as a property has.
No s***!
It’s a lot easier to disappear villains falling down a ravine than discuss a real-life conflict on stage.
That's why you don't discuss it.
It could also just be that for whatever reason Disney doesn’t want their hero to be associated with shooting people…
Then sell the IP to someone else.
but, like so many people have said, Han Solo famously shoots people in one of the most popular franchises Disney owns,
Exaaaactly.
and whether you call them repulsor cannons or exploding arrows, Marvel frequently destroys villains with projectiles…
ExAAAACTLY.
though maybe not ones as real-life as guns…
Oh bullocks.
I think the worst loss in the show is when Indy shoots down the sword-spinner. Iconic movie moment and really one of the few character pieces he has in the show.
Talk about getting rid of the comedy.

TikibirdLand

I’ve seen commentary across a variety of forums after yesterday’s return of the show regarding the removal of the handgun. Here is my take.

This move is more then likely due to a focus on safety - you know with Safety being the first key and all. Why?

The handgun previously used appeared to have fired blanks. With the recent on-set incident in Hollywood (taping of “Rust”) , to me, only makes the most logical move for the scenes using this prop to be re-worked. My theory is further supported by the show keeping scenes that included the use of the firearms and effects that are achieved by using compressed air.

I don’t believe this decision was for any other reason than on-set safety for cast and crew.
I commend those involved in making this decision for the sake of safety and making sure what recently happened in Hollywood never has the opportunity to happen during this show.
Sounds like they need to rework the show to replace all guns with raw chicken throwing. The enhanced audio will work well with the SPLAT sounds! Replace all the ninja stunt people with muppet versions. They could re-enact the French Maginot Line falling to the Nazis. The plane could fly over the Ninjas and drop Kalter Hund on them, completely obliterating them. It'll be great!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
First off, I think that it’s okay to be okay with some sensitivity changes and dislike others.

I’m glad they no longer portray a clueless audience member, especially as if they are a dumb, non-English speaking tourist. Not only was the effect hokey, but I imagine this could offend a great many people. SNL’s literally done a skit of this exact moment as if a real audience member were called up on stage. Sure, the moment is iconic to the show, but it’s harder to swallow as pure comedy nowendays as opposed to watching through your fingers at the cringe.

I do wonder who was offended by the guns. Like - the show is about killing Nazis, which I think are quite universally recognized as “villains”. I fear getting political, but who here is offended that Nazis are getting shot? I feel like Disney is doing a good job of keeping itself out of hot water by totally removing the insignias and the guns… but then we sorta lose part of the bite that Indiana Jones as a property has. It’s a lot easier to disappear villains falling down a ravine than discuss a real-life conflict on stage.

It could also just be that for whatever reason Disney doesn’t want their hero to be associated with shooting people… but, like so many people have said, Han Solo famously shoots people in one of the most popular franchises Disney owns, and whether you call them repulsor cannons or exploding arrows, Marvel frequently destroys villains with projectiles… though maybe not ones as real-life as guns… I think the worst loss in the show is when Indy shoots down the sword-spinner. Iconic movie moment and really one of the few character pieces he has in the show.
So, after Amazon acquires Disney, do you think we'll ever get to see the Man in the High Castle ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom