Indiana Jones stunt show update?

jt04

Indeed, now that Disney has real competition, they can "stay ahead" by aiming for each park to get an "E+" -level attraction, to go along with a lineup of top-tier, cutting-edge Es - which it seems that they are indeed aiming to make sure every park has.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't consider Shanghai's PotC to be an "E+," even though I loved it. It still didn't stand out to me as more grand and spectacular than, say, DLP's PotC. And I went on it several times just to make sure! RotR, on the other hand, combines that level of scale with the multiple pre-shows and ride systems, which might elevate it to the elusive "E+" ...but really, there's so much subjectivity involved... the point is that Shanghai PotC and RotR are / will be jaw-dropping.

I also doubt Epcot's GotG attraction will be an "E+," as least based on @marni1971's tepid reaction to the plans that he's aware of.

Fair enough and well said.

I'd just add that Martin will likely never say anything good about gotg though. And that isn't a criticism. He will be the last Epcot traditionalist standing.

Last edited:

rle4lunch

Very true. But I think all of us can agree they can use a few more actual rides. I adore AK. But it needs a bit more to do.

Exactly. You can only buy so much trinkets, food, crap in your 3 hour window betweeen FP's. What a crock.

Last edited:

celluloid

This would likely be sreamlining the cast for budget trimming and shortening the show a bit. If true, this would be a quick decline.

Bleed0range

If they really want to make the show cooler, they could I’m sure, work the opening of the ark into the shoe and pull off the effect of ghosts swirling around. There’s lots of really cool stage effects that could be accomplished.

RSoxNo1

The question is, does a $500 million addition generate twice as much revenue as $250 million addition.
Not necessarily but the big additions are necessary. I know it's not the same thing, but think about sports, sometimes you need to pay a premium for greatness. Now that premium should be $250 mil not $500 mil, but we all know that Disney spends money remarkably inefficiently.

doctornick

As it stands not Orlando.

Curious if this means something like "TDO did not win the fight and Burbank did not approve money to build such a ride". Or "Orlando isn't getting the Tech, but some other park is".

If its the latter, that's extremely frustrating considering the needs in WDW for more rides and how this would be a nice new novel addition. If its the former, then its more a money issue, which is still frustrating, but to me at least is easier to take.

I'm sick of Orlando being the red headed step child when it comes to spending even though given the size and the revenues (those hotels and DVC make up a huge part of the P&R revenue) it should be getting far more investment than it has. (Yes, better in recent years, but there's still a lot of makeup investment that needs to be made for the first decade of Iger's time.)

eddie104

Curious if this means something like "TDO did not win the fight and Burbank did not approve money to build such a ride". Or "Orlando isn't getting the Tech, but some other park is".

If its the latter, that's extremely frustrating considering the needs in WDW for more rides and how this would be a nice new novel addition. If its the former, then its more a money issue, which is still frustrating, but to me at least is easier to take.

I'm sick of Orlando being the red headed step child when it comes to spending even though given the size and the revenues (those hotels and DVC make up a huge part of the P&R revenue) it should be getting far more investment than it has. (Yes, better in recent years, but there's still a lot of makeup investment that needs to be made for the first decade of Iger's time.)
Its not the red headed child but go off I guess. DCA and WDW have received the most spending in last decade with NFL and Pandora what has Disneyland gotten ???

doctornick

Its not the red headed child but go off I guess. DCA and WDW have received the most spending in last decade with NFL and Pandora what has Disneyland gotten ???

Off the top of my head....

Cars Land (3 rides)
Little Mermaid ride (replaced a lame show)
Red Car Trolley
WOC
Paint the Night
GOTG:MB (admittedly a replacement)
SW: Galaxy's Edge (2 rides)

And has the Marvel area and MMRR planned.

Meanwhile at WDW, after a decade of complete stagnation, we've seen...
New Fantasyland (2 rides, but lost one to make a M&G)
Pandora (2 rides)
TSL (2 new rides)
Rivers of Light
Frozen Ever After (replacement)
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular

and yet to come...
SW:GE (unlike DL replaced other attractions)
GOTG ride (replacement)
MMRR (replacement)
Ratatouille (hey a new build!)
Tron

but lost... nighttime parade at MK, day parade at DHS, day parade at DAK without replacements. Also, Stitch (no great loss, but still no replacement). Also Innovations closed (not huge, but it was a nice little diversion and Sum of All Thrills was pretty good). WoL shuttered early in Iger's tenure.

(I'm not mentioning stuff like Forever or Happily Every After that basically replaced similar offerings)

Not to mention that DLR tends to get enhancements (e.g. BTMRR explosions, Hatbox Ghost, updating the FL dark rides) while WDW... doesn't.

Considering that WDW has four parks and two of which were underbuilt from the start and another has been slowly left to decay, the resort should be getting a ton more investment. The current spending spree for WDW only begins start to make up for the ignoring done in the first decade of Iger's time (and late Eisner to be fair). There still needs to be a ton more investment to get the parks where they need to be for the crowds that come.

cheezbat

Agreed.

WDW makes HALF of all the cash that pours in to the Parks and Resorts department. Super high room rates, super high park tickets, high food and merch prices, extra priced after hours events...WDW more than deserves what they get investment-wise.

The most expensive E-tickets SHOULD be in Orlando. Even though Disneyland was first, Walt Disney World was THE game-changer for the Disney company...and has become the busiest resort in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom