Indiana Jones replacing adventurers club?

Voice of Disney sanity

Original Poster
Someone posted on the save the adventurers club FB page that a rumor is swirling around that an Indiana Jones themed club might be taking the location of the former adventurers club. Can any insiders give us any info?

Mike S

image.jpg

I know it's not happening, but what if?

jt04

An interesting idea, at least. I'm not too keen on an Indiana Jones bar/club/restaurant, but it would be cool to have a full-on '30s/'40s deco club with period music and drinks.

Yes, doubt this rumor as it really does not mesh with the Disney Springs concept in any way I can imagine. And there are numerous other ways the IP could be adapted in other areas on property. IMO.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
With Rule #1 in place, I guess all the work that Disney is now doing to rebuild this area is being done for free.

Here are my 3 rules for TDO rumors with examples

1 - If it COSTS money it's not happening (no matter what the Bus Driver says :) )
i.e. New Attractions and Shows

2 - If it SAVES money you can bet your next paycheck it will happen
Entertainment in Epcot cuts, 5 Attractions closed in DHS in 5 weeks with no replacements announced

3 - If it MAKES money it will happen QUICKLY.
Upcharge events, Upcharge within Upcharge events (villians at MNSSHP), DVC properties
new retail/dining.

Follow these rules and you will never be disappointed by a WDW rumor.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yes, doubt this rumor as it really does not mesh with the Disney Springs concept in any way I can imagine. And there are numerous other ways the IP could be adapted in other areas on property. IMO.

it would cost money with no immediate return (1 yr payback or less) so in accordance with rule #1 its not happening.

Next Big Thing

Here are my 3 rules for TDO rumors with examples

1 - If it COSTS money it's not happening (no matter what the Bus Driver says :) )
i.e. New Attractions and Shows

2 - If it SAVES money you can bet your next paycheck it will happen
Entertainment in Epcot cuts, 5 Attractions closed in DHS in 5 weeks with no replacements announced

3 - If it MAKES money it will happen QUICKLY.
Upcharge events, Upcharge within Upcharge events (villians at MNSSHP), DVC properties
new retail/dining.

Follow these rules and you will never be disappointed by a WDW rumor.
But what if Rule #3 trumps Rule #1? What if the ROE is to good to pass up?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But what if Rule #3 trumps Rule #1? What if the ROE is to good to pass up?

Then rule #3 applies of course because it MAKES MONEY but attractions without separate charges generally expend CAPEX and increase OPEX which is the cardinal sin at today's WDW.

If TDO announced a E-ticket+ ride that had an upcharge (as in not included in admission) I would be inclined to believe it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom