Indiana Jones Renovation (2020)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Darkbeer1

britain

Seems to me like this is the kind of thing that should not look any different when it’s completed. Same with the Snow White fixes.

I guess they’re waiting for Rise to open so that will scratch anyone’s “giant cavernous Lucasfilm E-ticket” or “hooded figure in black repeatedly jumps out and scares riders” itches while these attractions are down.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Since it’s the 25th anniversary In 2020 I expect a little plussing as a part of this refurb. Of course, you could say just getting it back to it’s original state is all the plussing it needs. And to do something better instead of the rat projection and a better snake.

DanielBB8

Whenever they tried to refurbish it, it doesn't do enough. They must bring up the special effects to the 21st Century.

1. Each car should be getting a different show based on what Mara decides. It should last throughout the journey.
2. Not enough skeletons in the bone room.
3. Scarab beetle and rat projections don't work well enough. Often blurry.
4. Add more snakes and it should attack the entire jeep with a large head.
5. Too many painted flats especially the mural after the snake and before the dark tunnel.
6. Dart room isn't convincing enough.
7. Rolling boulder doesn't always work.
8. Have a larger bang-up ending.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I just read the article, I completely forgot that the bridge used to collapse? Indy isn’t one of my personal faves (As in its not in my Top 5 at DL) but the fact that it’s still great with half of its effects not working Is really a testament to how great the attraction is.

The bridge used to collapse!?

This ride is pretty hit or miss for me as well. But I wouldn't change it for anything. The brilliance behind the development and implementation of this instant classic is something that demands respect.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
After 25 years of immense popularity, the ride deserves to be down for a year for a full refurb.

There's no excuses anymore for not fixing the Chamber of Destiny because they "can't get old parts" (if that's really the reason). Technology is plenty good enough now to tear it out and redo it with new and long lasting tech. Same with every other scene.

TROR

Worth noting that at a time when they can't even put hand rails on a planter, or rebuild a sign without making it some long drawn out process, Disney is now planning to renovate two iconic attractions.

I'm having a tough time looking forward to this.
Except the lack of handrails are nice.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I just read the article, I completely forgot that the bridge used to collapse? Indy isn’t one of my personal faves (As in its not in my Top 5 at DL) but the fact that it’s still great with half of its effects not working Is really a testament to how great the attraction is.

The bridge ropes sway back and forth. That’s about it. The bridge never actually moved and all the motion was done via the EMV’s hydraulics.

Indy is easily in my top 5 favorite attractions in a Disney park. It’s just never really been operating at full potential since it opened.

mickEblu

The bridge ropes sway back and forth. That’s about it. The bridge never actually moved and all the motion was done via the EMV’s hydraulics.

Indy is easily in my top 5 favorite attractions in a Disney park. It’s just never really been operating at full potential since it opened.

Do they still sway?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom