Indiana Jones Renovation (2020)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Let's be honest, Disney could have done A LOT with the parks, given they've been closed to the public for a year. This was the perfect time to re-paint buildings, replace things like lightbulbs, plant new things, fix ride issues, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they let opportunities like these slip by, but how sad would that be.

J4546

they did a massive refurb to haunted mansion, massive refurb of snow white, massive refurb of entrance to tomorrowland as well as other pathways (project stardust) and are building a massive new e-ticket in toontown. theyve kept pretty busy while parks have been closed

Nirya

they did a massive refurb to haunted mansion, massive refurb of snow white, massive refurb of entrance to tomorrowland as well as other pathways (project stardust) and are building a massive new e-ticket in toontown. theyve kept pretty busy while parks have been closed
Those things were happening prior to the shutdown, and from all reports the only stuff that got finished were the Mansion and Snow White. MRRR was even announced as having been delayed due to the pandemic.

Like, they might have gone in and fixed some stuff during the shutdown, but considering they were trying to minimize any and all costs at the parks while this was happening, I really doubt they did much if anything, and are likely doing any touch-ups right now.

wdrive

I know different parks different budgets/rules etc but I have been shocked at the amount of work Disneyland Paris has been doing while it has been closed. Where is this money coming from? Obviously this leads me to ask if Paris can why can’t Disneyland?

PiratesMansion

I know different parks different budgets/rules etc but I have been shocked at the amount of work Disneyland Paris has been doing while it has been closed. Where is this money coming from? Obviously this leads me to ask if Paris can why can’t Disneyland?
Paris is still in reputation recovery mode. After being neglected for so long, they can't skimp on Paris at the moment.

California is not in the same situation.

el_super

Those things were happening prior to the shutdown, and from all reports the only stuff that got finished were the Mansion and Snow White. MRRR was even announced as having been delayed due to the pandemic.

There was also a refurbishment of the carrousel that had started in 2020 that seems to be wrapping up now, so it may open at the end of April. They also finished the new bridge into Frontierland and completed repainting on the Emporium and (I think) Mickey's House.

Like, they might have gone in and fixed some stuff during the shutdown, but considering they were trying to minimize any and all costs at the parks while this was happening, I really doubt they did much if anything, and are likely doing any touch-ups right now.

It wasn't just costs... they also had to be careful with how many people they had working together and in the park. There's only a handful of contractors that Disney users, and of course once those contractors time is booked up, there isn't really much option for expansion of the schedule.

They've started a refurbishment of the Matterhorn, and I have no idea if that's going to be done by April 30th, and they've started some additional re-painting projects. They do still have a month though...

J4546

Speaking of paris, they spent god knows how much money to acquire the majority stake of the park and actually own it, then are spending 2.7 biillions refurbing DHS and spending a 100s of millions if not billions on the downtown disney expansion....alot of money has/is being spent in Paris and I kinda think its dumb to make a 1 ride land that has a clone of a 30+ year old ride as the signature attraction of the park. They really should go big with these lake front lands. Its like if they built Galaxies Edge but with only smugglers run and no RoTR.

SuddenStorm

"Where is the money coming from" is a question that can be asked about a variety of projects.

Splash Mountain is being rethemed to Frog Mountain. Where is the money coming from?
Jungle Cruise now has a backstory featuring Alberta Falls, an ambitious women dreamed up by the best in the business. Where is the money coming from?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
"Where is the money coming from" is a question that can be asked about a variety of projects.

Splash Mountain is being rethemed to Frog Mountain. Where is the money coming from?
Jungle Cruise now has a backstory featuring Alberta Falls, an ambitious women dreamed up by the best in the business. Where is the money coming from?
All brought to you via the now more than 100M subscribers of D+.

CaptinEO

Speaking of paris, they spent god knows how much money to acquire the majority stake of the park and actually own it, then are spending 2.7 biillions refurbing DHS and spending a 100s of millions if not billions on the downtown disney expansion....alot of money has/is being spent in Paris and I kinda think its dumb to make a 1 ride land that has a clone of a 30+ year old ride as the signature attraction of the park. They really should go big with these lake front lands. Its like if they built Galaxies Edge but with only smugglers run and no RoTR.
Which ride are you referring to?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom