Indiana Jones question

cowanfamily

Original Poster
Has anyone here ever been used as a helper in IJSS? My 6 year old loves Indy and I want to try and get selected to be a helper.

rodserling27

Yeah I've been picked three times, always as the screamer. To get picked, I just wait until just before they say they need help and someone who screams, and I jump up WELL before everyone else and scream. I'm 3-for-3 doing it :wave:

Disney_Belle

My cousin was chosen. There were about 8 of us sitting in a row and when it came time to choose we all pointed at him. He was wearing a raccoon hat too, not sure if that played a part in it lol.

mickeysshoes

My DH gets picked for EVERY show he tries for!! He is a big bald guy. He has been in IJSS twice. Hoop de Doo 3 or 4 times, in the Doug show, Monster Inc Laught Factor

Doctor Seeker

I've been picked twice and it really is an awesome experience. I would just recommend getting ready for when they call for volunteers and start yelling as loud as you can when they start asking.

AswaySuller

God no....

Being picked would be my worst nightmare lol.... I was "that guy" in monsters inc on our last visit and I wanted to die!!!

Cmdr_Crimson

God no....

Being picked would be my worst nightmare lol.... I was "that guy" in monsters inc on our last visit and I wanted to die!!!

Meh your not alone..I was Randall and The guy who was buying churros for everyone at the end of the show.:lol:

But, I have been the screamer several years ago and I was had a blast with that.

MWC

I've been selected twice. We were sitting down in the first 3 rows both times. The first time I had no idea one of the "helpers" woked for Disney. The second time I spent the majority of the time trying to figure out who it was.

My DH gets picked for EVERY show he tries for!! He is a big bald guy. He has been in IJSS twice. Hoop de Doo 3 or 4 times, in the Doug show, Monster Inc Laught Factor

mickeysshoes, I love the reference to the Doug show. Anyway, I've seen the show 3 times and each time a different member of my family has been on it. One time it was because all 22 members of my family pointed at my uncle, the other two times seemed to be luck

I've been selected twice. We were sitting down in the first 3 rows both times. The first time I had no idea one of the "helpers" woked for Disney. The second time I spent the majority of the time trying to figure out who it was.

From our experiences, its usually the last guy picked wearing the 'loud' Hawaiian shirt. A couple years ago he snuck in and sat at the last spot on the aisle behind us. He's also the one that balances on one foot like he on the edge of a cliff. Love the part where he gets pummelled by Marion.
I'm still working up the courage to volunteer.
:D

freakman

We where there for our honeymoon and got picked to be the honey moon helpers couple..wife is not one for the stage so it made it that much more fun :ROFLOL:
Was pretty cool...The indy character "Toht" with the nun chuck coat hanger gave her a flower. Only problem was we had to leave belongings laying up top and it was just us..her wallet had 1400 cash in it so I was pretty distracted watching it from the bottom :hammer: People all day kept coming up wishing us a happy honey moon

Last time I was there I spotted him before he was called up. Had the loudest shirt in the audience.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Yeah I've been picked three times, always as the screamer. To get picked, I just wait until just before they say they need help and someone who screams, and I jump up WELL before everyone else and scream. I'm 3-for-3 doing it :wave:

I've done the same thing, also three times. Each time we were traveling with first time visitors, so they always got a kick out of seeing someone they knew (me) in the show.

MagicMegan

I was once. I go through weird hyper spans and when they asked for volunteers I literally jumped up and down waving my arms, and immediately regretted it after being picked. Me turning purple and having trouble breathing in front of crowds probably was why lol. But I got to pretend I was holding up a boulder for what seemed like an hour... and then ran around in some dress thing. [shrugs]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom