Indiana Jones Land?

britain

The only reason we have any glimmer of hope right now is that Primeval Whirl is actually about to be dismantled. If they only wanted to save money, they could simply let it rot there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only reason we have any glimmer of hope right now is that Primeval Whirl is actually about to be dismantled. If they only wanted to save money, they could simply let it rot there.
Meh:..so the idea is that Indy land will go in using the two slots?

perhaps…but there’s the little problem that CTX is the exact same as IJA…meaning it would be a reskin at best and then they’d do a one attraction Indy add on?

…don’t think that’s gonna move the needle. Much to the chagrin of middle aged cranks like me🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. I was like 5, he has a lot more faith in Disney than I do. Lol
This is perhaps my main (there are many) beefs with fans in echo chambers who lauded Iger.

he didn’t do anything - in the end - for them except build and Jack up timeshare blocks.

objectively. They did nothing for so long they allowed Comcast to become a legit competitor. I would have NEVER believed that could happen if you had told me that 20 years ago when I worked there. It’s unfathomable.

so “all this building” these last 5 years is just a really drawn out bandaid…the wound is still bleeding.

what happens now? My guess is slaphead will do the same thing…because he’s rather dim witted…and sit on it.

the fans will get mad, right? No…no objectivity cracks their vanity. More DVC…club 33…$200 nighttime block tickets where the primary “benefit” is a small line for haunted mansion and big thunder mountain?

the parks are organic in many ways…you can’t drain the life blood of them without replenishment…

oh well…time for my therapy…I’ll back out of this rabbit hole now 😎

ppete1975

You could say the same thing with The Last Jedi / Rise of Skywalker and Galaxies Edge 😀✌️

I really like Crystal Skull but I know thats a bit of a niche opinion. Any Indy land is likely be pre WWII themed (like the lost river delta at TDS) as thats what most people associate with the franchise. It would also fit perfectly with DHS IMO
I totally agree with you, in fact we have heard that backlash of people mad that GE isnt based on the originals. (of course thats a whole other topic), I almost feel like the prequels were a step down as well from the originals. And who knows what happens with the pandora franchise IF all those movies are made.

If they took from crystal skull they should do a refrigerator drop ;)

I honestly dont hate the movie, i thought the beginning was a good start, just kind of lost its way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I totally agree with you, in fact we have heard that backlash of people mad that GE isnt based on the originals. (of course thats a whole other topic), I almost feel like the prequels were a step down as well from the originals. And who knows what happens with the pandora franchise IF all those movies are made.

If they took from crystal skull they should do a refrigerator drop ;)

I honestly dont hate the movie, i thought the beginning was a good start, just kind of lost its way.
I think a refrigerator drop tower is a given with any Indy themed addition.

why are we even debating it?

…no…a simulator of a refrigerator drop with 350 lb CMs in nazi or soviet uniforms in the preshows is a given.

greenlight it now and put it on the rush schedule.

planning for 36 months…18 months for permits…5 years of groundwork…3 years of fabrication and construction

2033 opening…do what you do best, Bobs!!👍🏻

ppete1975

This is perhaps my main (there are many) beefs with fans in echo chambers who lauded Iger.

he didn’t do anything - in the end - for them except build and Jack up timeshare blocks.

objectively. They did nothing for so long they allowed Comcast to become a legit competitor. I would have NEVER believed that could happen if you had told me that 20 years ago when I worked there. It’s unfathomable.

so “all this building” these last 5 years is just a really drawn out bandaid…the wound is still bleeding.

what happens now? My guess is slaphead will do the same thing…because he’s rather dim witted…and sit on it.

the fans will get mad, right? No…no objectivity cracks their vanity. More DVC…club 33…$200 nighttime block tickets where the primary “benefit” is a small line for haunted mansion and big thunder mountain?

the parks are organic in many ways…you can’t drain the life blood of them without replenishment…

oh well…time for my therapy…I’ll back out of this rabbit hole now 😎
By the time it all comes crashing down all the decision makers will be retired, and it will be someone elses problem. Thats my issue with putting people in charge with no love for what they are in charge of. Shareholders love the cold brutal numbers game, where its all about making money. But for the people who pay for all of this to exist (the consumer), what we get is less than we deserve and what the parks deserve.

You see a great example of this with Star wars, they put kennedy in charge (there are many many others, shes just the name we associate), she had no love for the movies or lore, and almost killed it. She actually preferred people who werent star wars fans for her movies, we saw the disaster that occurred with the sequels (especially with no cohesion on the grand plot) solo (final movie was good but they had to bring in a new director to save it) and there are rumors that some of the upcoming writers on some of the star wars projects have never seen the movies. You see how quickly you can kill an iconic brand.

The question is where is the parks Filoni and Favreau or even Feige. Clearly we need to look for someone with a last name that starts with F ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You see a great example of this with Star wars, they put kennedy in charge (there are many many others, shes just the name we associate), she had no love for the movies or lore, and almost killed it. She actually preferred people who werent star wars fans for her movies, we saw the disaster that occurred with the sequels (especially with no cohesion on the grand plot) solo (final movie was good but they had to bring in a new director to save it) and there are rumors that some of the upcoming writers on some of the star wars projects have never seen the movies. You see how quickly you can kill an iconic brand.
Wow. Do you have any other stories from your time on the Disney Board of Directors?

The Aracuan Bird

Meh:..so the idea is that Indy land will go in using the two slots?

perhaps…but there’s the little problem that CTX is the exact same as IJA…meaning it would be a reskin at best and then they’d do a one attraction Indy add on?

…don’t think that’s gonna move the needle. Much to the chagrin of middle aged cranks like me🤪
Reskinning an adequate ride is a waste of money. But I guess all they see is gift shop dollars in their eyes.

However, if they just tore out the carny junk, they could maybe put in a whole new ride, a new gift shop, maybe a new eatery (because you also have the theatre space).

I don’t want to see Indians Jones in AK, but if they spend money retooling an already fine ride in a park with few attractions as is, just to tie some over budget movie themed land that flops head first...well then I don’t really know what to say.

But this was the same problem with Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Not enough things to do, and yet they’re replacing instead of adding. I guess if you increase the ride count, it will become harder to claim that your parks are always full.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Reskinning an adequate ride is a waste of money. But I guess all they see is gift shop dollars in their eyes.

However, if they just tore out the carny junk, they could maybe put in a whole new ride, a new gift shop, maybe a new eatery (because you also have the theatre space).

I don’t want to see Indians Jones in AK, but if they spend money retooling an already fine ride in a park with few attractions as is, just to tie some over budget movie themed land that flops head first...well then I don’t really know what to say.

But this was the same problem with Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Not enough things to do, and yet they’re replacing instead of adding. I guess if you increase the ride count, it will become harder to claim that your parks are always full.
I have and still want Australia in dak

I went to a cast preview and I wanted it then…and I never waivered

how you could do an “immersive nahtazu” without the most immersive animal continent is beyond me.

you don’t need IP for that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I’m with you…100%

at least tron and rat are net adds…even with clones

that needs to be “not optional”

The Aracuan Bird

Lol…new silly Nemo puppet show coming…

…guess Indy land is back in the blue sky graveyard, huh?

I’m sure we’ll get new bathrooms and a pin stand on the spot of primeval whirl - however 👍🏻
For awhile at least. I don’t think they had any plan to invest in Animal Kingdom in the immediate future after Covid hit. At least, not according to some on this site.

I have no doubt that this decision to “bring back” the puppet show is as fresh as the fisherman’s morning catch. But was it because of backlash for taking the original away? Or was it because of the increased speculation about a new land, a land that they don’t want to pay for right now?

I saw more talk of the latter on social media.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom