Indiana Jones Land?

Haymarket2008

I think DHS is evolving into a kind of movie magic kingdom park. Old Hollywood is the ‘main street usa’ of the movies which leads you into the lands - star wars, toy story etc. Indy would be a great fit IMO as it could be the adventureland of the park and the pre WWII setting blends perfectly with Hollywood/sunset.

EXACTLY this. Perfectly said 👏🏻

Marc Davis Fan

I think DHS is evolving into a kind of movie magic kingdom park. Old Hollywood is the ‘main street usa’ of the movies which leads you into the lands - star wars, toy story etc. Indy would be a great fit IMO as it could be the adventureland of the park and the pre WWII setting blends perfectly with Hollywood/sunset.

Furthermore, the "jungle" setting would be really valuable aesthetic for DHS -- a park that has far too few areas with trees and foliage.

Add to this that they already have two Indy rides designed (IJA as the e-ticket, and Temple of Peril / Raging Spirits as the "supporting role" - though they'd probably shift the latter to a more family-friendly coaster like a wild mouse situated within similar ruins / excavation scaffolding), and you've got a really solid land that adds at a quality experience and fills an important aesthetic gap in the park.

Last edited:

J4546

Furthermore, the "jungle" setting would be really valuable aesthetic for DHS -- a park that has far too few areas with trees and foliage.
i agree, more trees are def needed at DHS. And just in general imo, more trees/greenery make for a better park. DHS could also use water, and I think they should do some kind of Pixar or Marvel Pier in the area currently occupied by all those buildings. maybe even incorporate that idea from the disneysky proposal with the avengers airship area?

britain

This has been discussed a LOT, but the Shanghai Pirates tech + an Indy theme really would be absolutely perfect at DHS. Too good to be true. (Just like the famous Mystic Manor-esque Journey into Imagination idea)

This HAS been discussed a lot, and I do not get why. The Shanghai boats move slowly, totally the wrong type of vehicle you would want an action packed Indiana Jones adventure.

BasiltheBatLord

Honestly they should've kept all the Marvel and Avatar stuff in DHS, that way they could market it as the "non-Disney/Pixar IP" park, with all of the Lucasfilm, Marvel, 20th Century Fox IP.

Bocabear

I still think the Dinoland and Chester And Hester area are perfect for an Indiana Jones Jungle Adventure... A Coaster, revamp the ride to the Indiana Jones version...it all looks like an Archeological camp expedition already... They can create a storyline that while digging for fossils, they came upon the ruins of a lost civilization... There! Stories merged.

erasure fan1

Honestly they should've kept all the Marvel and Avatar stuff in DHS, that way they could market it as the "non-Disney/Pixar IP" park, with all of the Lucasfilm, Marvel, 20th Century Fox IP.
Exactly. Classic Hollywood is then the gateway to an epic journey into all of these iconic brands. It would have been great. Unfortunately it doesn't leave a whole lot for any of the other parks. Outside of Frozen, Disney doesn’t have a fantastic track record of original content. Sure they have a lot of older IPs that could use better representation in the parks like they are doing with Tron. But Disney wants latest and greatest from an IP standpoint and their brand is mediocre at best to be generous.

DisneyDean97

As much as I would love a fully fleshed out Indy land at DHS, realistically, after all the current projects are wrapped up, I highly doubt DHS will be top of the list for another major expansion/overhaul. Animal Kingdom still needs something, especially with half of Dinoland just sitting abandoned. And even after Epcot's "overhaul" the park still needs major freshing of the Imagination pavilion and the seas.
Obviously DHS still needs more, but after TSL, GE and MMRR, I'm just doubtful something will come other than replacing a stage show.

rle4lunch

I still think the Tomorrowland area is perfect for an Indiana Jones Space Adventure.

Seems like a perfect place for it, considering they've housed Toy Story, Speedway, Stitch, etc... Tomorrow(yester)land is more of what 1950's American's thought the world would look like in 2000. It's largely been used to put placeholder IP's in there that may have some sort of 'space-y' theme.

Seriously though, it's a hodgepodge of various genres loosely (very loosely) attached to Sci-Fi. Tron is the closest thing to move into the land that fits 'Tomorrow' land, and even that's a stretch in its case. Indy 4 and its 'interdimensional' beings fits perfectly with the current slate of crap in the Land.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I still think the Tomorrowland area is perfect for an Indiana Jones Space Adventure.
I want it to go on record that this was supposed to be a joke...... I’m.... I’m... im about to give up.
1645C306-3755-4412-967F-43EE397194A4.png

Goofy Ninja

Yep, I agree.

Nobody complains about Magic Kingdom's various themings. So I don't see how they could do so for Hollywood. Unless they miss the early studio feel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom