Indiana Jones Land?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Indy takes place all over the globe and mostly in outdoor remote settings. The natural world is a character of its own in the franchise. Sounds like DAK.

DHS is a stylized city setting that is very specifically fixed. Not like DAK.

Of course Imagineering could make either location work well. Especially using flight simulators at the studios. Either ST or new ones. The parks timeline fits perfectly.

DAK doesn't have to give up Dinosaur or Dinoland to Indy. There is plenty of space elsewhere in the park. The could even adapt the river rapids and give that attraction some meaning to guests.

Just my opinion.
Terrible logic. HS is no longer catering to that city setting. It’s starting to take an Islands of Adventure approach, walking into the movies. Hence toy story land and Star Wars land.

None of what you said justifies it being in AK.

rle4lunch

DHS has an anchor "land": the Hollywood that never was. It by no means dictates the parameters of its' other lands like DAK does. DHS is Hollywood with extensions into immersive film settings. Indy fits that (and Adventureland) far more than DAK ever would. There has to be a genuine reason for its existence in the conservation, nature and animal park. Indy doesn't have that.

So you're saying it needs a carnival? Lol

jt04

Terrible logic. HS is no longer catering to that city setting. It’s starting to take an Islands of Adventure approach, walking into the movies. Hence toy story land and Star Wars land.

None of what you said justifies it being in AK.

That is your subjective opinion. People said the same thing about space aliens 👽

WondersOfLife

That is your subjective opinion. People said the same thing about space aliens 👽
Avatarland works because it is purely based on the nature and animals of the films, and not just some human guy.

Would I have preferred beastly kingdom? Absolutely. But even Avatarland makes more sense than Indiana Jones at AK. Indy at HS is a no brained.

If IJ worked so well at HS, we would have seen his character for meet and greets or something in the park. But no, he’s always been at HS. Saying Indiana Jones fits at AK is the same thing as saying Black Panther needs a land at AK.

jt04

Avatarland works because it is purely based on the nature and animals of the films, and not just some human guy.

Would I have preferred beastly kingdom? Absolutely. But even Avatarland makes more sense than Indiana Jones at AK. Indy at HS is a no brained.

If IJ worked so well at HS, we would have seen his character for meet and greets or something in the park. But no, he’s always been at HS. Saying Indiana Jones fits at AK is the same thing as saying Black Panther needs a land at AK.

Hmmm, there's a thought. I'd take BP or Indy over Zootopia any day.

Not sure Dinorama and CMM had or have strong conservationist messages. Point is, there is no rule saying everything at dak has to be about environmental concerns.

britain

Everyone is missing the most obvious place for Indy.....
Morocco!!! esp since disney owns it now ;)

Honestly that's not a bad fit. Compared to many other options. But Indy would need to spotlight actual Moroccan Islamic culture in the process of an adventure.

It would need a more deft touch than how the Hindus were treated in Temple of Doom.

WondersOfLife

Not sure Dinorama and CMM had or have strong conservationist messages. Point is, there is no rule saying everything at dak has to be about environmental concerns.
When did I say that that was a rule? Point it out to me. You’re required to do so. Copy and paste it. Quote it word for word.

I’d rather BP, Indy, AND Zootopia never go to AK... So there’s that. For whatever reason you brought that up.

J4546

im all for a pixar pier area in DHS, it could def use a large body of water and a major rollercoaster among the carnival setting. Def switch up theming to MOnsters Inc for the coaster and Coco for the darkride so its not a carbon copy of PP in CA. But yeah, thatd be a great addition imo

jt04

When did I say that that was a rule? Point it out to me. You’re required to do so. Copy and paste it. Quote it word for word.

I’d rather BP, Indy, AND Zootopia never go to AK... So there’s that. For whatever reason you brought that up.

I was speaking rhetorically to one of the reasons people say Indy can't be at DAK. Not sure what your specific objections are.

You mentioning Black Panther resonated with me the same way Indy does. There have been rumors lately that Zootopia could be getting serious consideration now that Joe has retired.

Seeing the concept art for Shanghai convinces me more than ever that the aesthetics of Zootopia don't mesh with the aesthetics of DAK. Whereas with BP and Indy they do. IMO.

Zootopia would look more at home in Future World.

Happy I could explain it for you.

TrainsOfDisney

im all for a pixar pier area in DHS, it could def use a large body of water and a major rollercoaster among the carnival setting. Def switch up theming to MOnsters Inc for the coaster and Coco for the darkride so its not a carbon copy of PP in CA. But yeah, thatd be a great addition imo
Well since Toy Story Land is now a dedicated space I suppose they could do a Pixar Studios area where rock n is... rock-n becomes incredicoaster, you’ve already got racing academy. Add in a flat ride like emotional whirlwind and some carnival games and food and you’ve got yourself a new addition! Would only cost about $100m I’m sure.

ppete1975

Honestly that's not a bad fit. Compared to many other options. But Indy would need to spotlight actual Moroccan Islamic culture in the process of an adventure.

It would need a more deft touch than how the Hindus were treated in Temple of Doom.
or rename it... cough arendelle :(

UNCgolf

Sure, I'd rather have BP or Indy than Zootopia too if I was going to be forced to pick one of them for an addition. Zootopia would be an absolute disaster (although I'm not sure Wakanda would be much better since it involves a futuristic city -- would have been good for Tomorrowland if Disney had done the smart thing and let Future World be the science-based realistic future park and Tomorrowland IP sci-fi).

That doesn't mean any of them are good options for Animal Kingdom though.

jt04

Sure, I'd rather have BP or Indy than Zootopia too if I was going to be forced to pick one of them for an addition. Zootopia would be an absolute disaster (although I'm not sure Wakanda would be much better since it involves a futuristic city -- would have been good for Tomorrowland if Disney had done the smart thing and let Future World be the science-based realistic future park and Tomorrowland IP sci-fi).

That doesn't mean any of them are good options for Animal Kingdom though.

I don't know, if DAK can successfully be home for Pandora, then BP should work similarly. Epcot's 'Future World' of the past likely isn't returning. So instead they should probably look at it as an area to place futuristic stories. Certainly the Zootopia style would be a good fit near SSE. Not to mention GotG.

But I completely understand yours and others sentiments over such changes.

Stupido

I dunno, maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think this is really worth it. With all of the IPs Disney is sitting on, is Indiana Jones really still that big of a thing? I understand keeping a classic favorite attraction, like Indy in Disneyland, but I don't think it makes much sense devoting so much to an IP that hasn't really been relevant in quite some time. Sure they're making a new one and everything, but is it really going to come close to Indy's popularity in it's hay-day? I would use the land and resources differently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom