Indiana Jones Land?

rle4lunch

The stunt show is kinda played out. IMHO it's lame, but probably a bunch cheaper than an actual ride. So that means it'll run for another 25 years without an update.

UNCgolf

The stunt show is kinda played out. IMHO it's lame, but probably a bunch cheaper than an actual ride. So that means it'll run for another 25 years without an update.

It's a great show, but I think it's hard for any live entertainment to last for 20+ years without needing change.

On the other hand, there are new guests every year who have never seen it before.

I would also imagine the daily operation costs are much higher than a ride (I could be wrong), but obviously building a ride requires a tremendous capital expenditure at the start for design and construction.

TrainsOfDisney

Indy live show would be great if it was in universal. It's just so so and is now a relic of a bygone era
It could use an update but the impressive parts of the show are still very impressive.

I felt like for both Indy and LMA they could have done more storytelling with actors in between stunt sequences rather than the overly cheesy “hey today we are filming a movie and I’m the director” - that felt like early MGM / Universal Studios era... but the stunts themselves are wonderful.

cookiee_munster

I think the stunt show is a representation of what the park used to be: "behind the magic", I feel like a replacement will take the park in a better direction and eventually lose that backstage/how its made kind of feel the park originally had. I'm all for more Indy, a land would be great. I guess we'll have to see how the 5th movie plays out and then where Lucasfilm & Disney want to go with the franchise after that.

Goofy Ninja

Indy at Hollywood??? Yes please.
Indy at Animal??? Whattt???

It's perfect at Hollywood Studios. There's nothing in his section, but the old stunt show anyways.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Honestly I like the idea of Indy in the Animal Kingdom... Feels like an adventure setting... though not about ecology or animals... Then again, Pandora isn't about animals on this planet...or even real animals... But the actual ride is built, the area could easily be redressed as an archaeological dig...add some Mayan Ruins, the Jungle and base camp are already there... Next to that add the Indiana Jones Coaster /Fire and Water Coaster, Add a Children's play area built around old Mayan Temple ruins with a climbing structure, and Boom...a freshly themed land with a new attraction and a remodeled attraction. Move the spinner over to Toy Story Land...

rle4lunch

Honestly I like the idea of Indy in the Animal Kingdom... Feels like an adventure setting... though not about ecology or animals... Then again, Pandora isn't about animals on this planet...or even real animals... But the actual ride is built, the area could easily be redressed as an archaeological dig...add some Mayan Ruins, the Jungle and base camp are already there... Next to that add the Indiana Jones Coaster /Fire and Water Coaster, Add a Children's play area built around old Mayan Temple ruins with a climbing structure, and Boom...a freshly themed land with a new attraction and a remodeled attraction. Move the spinner over to Toy Story Land...

It would definitely be the easiest area in all the parks to retheme to Indy, and give it the space it deserves as an IP. To rebuild the infrastructure over where the stunt show sits, along with an expansion pad, absorbing ST, it all sounds like a lot of work. And we all know what that equates to (a 6 year build project, that should've taken 24 months). Redoing Dinoland is the safest, most cost efficient it would seem. I could care less that it doesn't fit the 'conservation zoological BS' that AK purists always spout off with.

TrainsOfDisney

I wonder how cheap the retheme of Dinosaur to Indy would be. You know they’ll cut the more expensive elements like the real fire.

I’m wondering what they could do that would replace the Dino carnival that would still be Indy themed. A little marketplace... a photo op? An Indy Coaster seems unlikely because it would be expensive and very close to Everest.

rle4lunch

I wonder how cheap the retheme of Dinosaur to Indy would be. You know they’ll cut the more expensive elements like the real fire.

I’m wondering what they could do that would replace the Dino carnival that would still be Indy themed. A little marketplace... a photo op? An Indy Coaster seems unlikely because it would be expensive and very close to Everest.

Keep the boneyard, that fits the archeological theme, triceratops spin could be leveled and use that space and the area that was PW to build some sort of mine train or similar coaster. Dinosaur retheme would be the main attraction still, and infinitely better than the current iteration that occupies that space now.

Movielover

I wonder how cheap the retheme of Dinosaur to Indy would be.
The entire building would have to be gutted. Even though the tracks are similar (Dinosaur lacks the Mummy Room segment of track to make room for the first Carno AA). The structure and makeup of the building is different, meaning set pieces can not just be simply copy and pasted over without gutting the building. It would be cheaper to just build a new ride and in the process not destroy a unique ride. (Yes I really like Dinosaur).

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yea I'm getting really tired of hearing folks say "Indiana Jones in AK. Yes."

1). Dinosaur is a fantastic and unique ride that can't be found anywhere else.
2). Indiana Jones doesn't scream "Animal Kingdom" like at all
3). Who in their right mind would be opposed to his own land in HS where it makes the most sense?
4). If anything, people should be wanting an expansion/revamp of Dinosaurs in AK, while keeping the Dinosaur ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom