Indiana Jones Land?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Is there even room for another ride in Adventureland? Where would it go?

I guess there may be a spot between Splash Mountain and Pirates, but they'd have to reroute the railroad again and I'm not sure how easy that would be to do since it runs under Splash.

There's enough space to plop down a Chester and Hester or thereabouts.

UNCgolf

There's enough space to plop down a Chester and Hester or thereabouts.

Where, though?

If they demolished the Jungle Cruise they could probably build two full rides and a restaurant in that space, but don't see that happening. Especially since they've got a movie coming out soon.

doctornick

Is there even room for another ride in Adventureland? Where would it go?

I guess there may be a spot between Splash Mountain and Pirates, but they'd have to reroute the railroad again and I'm not sure how easy that would be since it runs under Splash.

There's a huge expansion pad south of the POTC show building. Indy could work in MK much like it does DL - with a large queue snaking between POTC and Jungle Cruise then a big showbuilding outside the RR berm.

This is the spot that has been considered for Fire Mountainan and other attractions in the past.

UNCgolf

South of the PotC show building.

That would still require redoing the railroad though, yes? It looks like the tracks run right through that area. I guess they could build a pedestrian bridge over the railroad if the ride would be more to the southwest.

I assume you'd go past Pirates show building on your right and the Jungle Cruise on your left where they currently have a gate? I guess they'd have to theme the whole side of the Pirates building (at least you'd hope so) and probably the back of it as well unless they blocked it with foliage.

I know this is blasphemy to a lot of people, and I know it's absolutely not going to happen, but I think shutting down the Jungle Cruise and replacing it would be a good idea (at Disney World -- it should stay at Disneyland). It's not a good ride anymore -- you can see actual living versions of most of those animals at Animal Kingdom for one -- and takes up an enormous amount of space.

doctornick

It's busting at the seams. Another ride is only going to make that worse. The other parks need expansion to alleviate the stress placed on MK.

True that other parks need expansions and draws more. But MK desperately needs more capacity for attractions - as has been said, the Main St theater that was axed was actually a perfect addition for the park as something that would absorb crowds but would unlikely to be popular enough on its own to drawn significant new amounts of guests to the park.

A nighttime parade would also help in giving guests more stuff to do (they are already there for HEA anyway).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So how would've it been different? Would we have only gotten Radiator Springs Racers?
I heard inside RSR no rockwork no inside knowledge.
This
That would still require redoing the railroad though, yes? It looks like the tracks run right through that area. I guess they could build a pedestrian bridge over the railroad if the ride would be more to the southwest.

I assume you'd go past Pirates show building on your right and the Jungle Cruise on your left where they currently have a gate? I guess they'd have to theme the whole side of the Pirates building (at least you'd hope so) and probably the back of it as well unless they blocked it with foliage.
The queue would go under the railroad to a new building outside of the berm. Much like Indy in Disneyland.

doctornick

Guests can simply pass under/through the berm as they do walking through the main gates onto Main Street or getting onto Splash. The train is elevated above guest level.

Just make the queue entirely indoors like in DL then sight lines become irrelevant.

I know this is blasphemy to a lot of people, and I know it's absolutely not going to happen, but I think shutting down the Jungle Cruise and replacing it would be a good idea (at Disney World -- it should stay at Disneyland). It's not a good ride anymore -- you can see actual living versions of most of those animals at Animal Kingdom for one -- and takes up an enormous amount of space.

Terrible idea. MK needs much more ride capacity and replacing anything - rather than expanding - is terrible idea. It's not like JC isn't running at full capacity with lines all day.

UNCgolf

Terrible idea. MK needs much more ride capacity and replacing anything - rather than expanding - is terrible idea. It's not like JC isn't running at full capacity with lines all day.

It would be expanding, not replacing -- that's my whole point. Disney could easily build two rides in the space that Jungle Cruise currently takes, and probably a table service restaurant too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom