Indiana Jones Land?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The question becomes, will Disney give DHS the Phase 2 it still needs or will they stop with MMRR and consider DHS done for the time being... placing "Pixar Place", the RnRc redu and Indiana Jones (speculative) to the back burner.

SirLink

It seems like things like Indy, Imagination, Brazil, an MK Electrical Parade, Black Box, etc have all been discussed for years and we've had many rumors, but since D23 2017, the only thing to actually be announced is Poppins and as of right now I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cut.

Any idea when we'll actually get any news (or at least a solid rumor) of new rides coming to WDW? I hope they don't just suddenly stop investing again after the 50th.

When the folks at WDI start championing for their projects to be built you'll hear more info possibly from mid to late April as that meeting is to prevent a ROTR issue again.

Then the next time is when they do one of their one of infamous Board walk around tours at either resort.

Then the next time will be in October when the Board reviews projects for funding.

The Grand Inquisitor

The question becomes, will Disney give DHS the Phase 2 it still needs or will they stop with MMRR and consider DHS done for the time being... placing "Pixar Place", the RnRc redu and Indiana Jones (speculative) to the back burner.
I agree DHS deserves a lot more. I'm still holding out hope for a Indy land and a Monsters Inc land to replace animation courtyard. Plus maybe some new shows as well.

MatheusPG

That´s disappointing, that ride would really fit well in MK´s Adventureland and that area could use a new addition like this. I just don´t understand how Disneyland and the other castle parks keep getting these big new rides (and lands) and MK only get´s one attraction per decade. I mean, it´s not like it´s the most visited Theme Park in the world and needs these additions...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
That´s disappointing, that ride would really fit well in MK´s Adventureland and that area could use a new addition like this. I just don´t understand how Disneyland and the other castle parks keep getting these big new rides (and lands) and MK only get´s one attraction per decade. I mean, it´s not like it´s the most visited Theme Park in the world and needs these additions...

It's busting at the seams. Another ride is only going to make that worse. The other parks need expansion to alleviate the stress placed on MK.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, Epic Universe is just around the corner, if they aren't going to open a new park to balance that, like they did with MGM and AK, they will probably make these expansions.

From the time the first whiff of a third gate for UO came about to when they finish EU, WDW will have added as many attractions as what EU will debut with.

Stripes

It's busting at the seams. Another ride is only going to make that worse. The other parks need expansion to alleviate the stress placed on MK.
Well, is MK still the park that everyone goes to? If DHS adds new attractions, does that increase MK's attendance too?

If so, the only way to alleviate MK's issue may be investment in new attractions for MK. Especially those unlikely to drive new attendance, although I doubt the bean counters would ever approve.

Stripes

From the time the first whiff of a third gate for UO came about to when they finish EU, WDW will have added as many attractions as what EU will debut with.
Perhaps, but UOR has also been adding new attractions at their existing parks in the meantime as well. Don't kid yourself, Disney needs a response to UEU. If Chapek doesn't ramp spending even further to protect the crown jewel of P&R he's a dolt.

Pedro Soto

So we’re talking new attraction, mini land or themed land
I know you can’t go into details but just curious or maybe all of the above 😉
Very busy day at the studios

Attachments

• 4ED31C4C-BB05-4DDD-9A19-9A32CE57D891.png
    4ED31C4C-BB05-4DDD-9A19-9A32CE57D891.png
    523.4 KB · Views: 162

UNCgolf

When are you dating the first whiff?

I can only come up with 4 new attractions at WDW -- Tron, Ratatouille, Rise of the Resistance, and Smuggler's Run. Mary Poppins would be 5 if that actually gets built, and it jumps to 7 if you're adding the two Pandora rides. Guardians and MMRR are replacements for existing attractions, so I don't think you can really count them as additions compared to brand new rides in a new space at EU. They're just replacing existing capacity rather than adding anything additional. Am I forgetting anything?

How many do you expect EU to have?

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Well, is MK still the park that everyone goes to? If DHS adds new attractions, does that increase MK's attendance too?

If so, the only way to alleviate MK's issue may be investment in new attractions for MK. Especially those unlikely to drive new attendance, although I doubt the bean counters would ever approve.

Investment in all parks is a must, A new ride in Adventureland (regardless of it being needed; it is btw!) isn't going to fix MK alone. Per your comments; I agree that both are required. Expansion in MK and expansion in the other parks. Short term solutions would be attraction gains to MK (like that Main Street Theatre) and something in Frontierland and something in Adventureland. But that alone isn't going to fix MK overcrowding. The other parks need bigger draws and more attractions. It's getting there but it has a long way to go. FWIW, I think Indiana Jones would be better served in DHS. It's STILL a half-day park. And that's just it. Disney needs full day parks to take the heat off MK.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The Pixar themed land was phase one. The Star Wars themed land phase 2. Phase 3 was originally Cars themed and phase 4 Indiana Jones. This was six years ago before anyone asks where’s the Cars land.

Is the current thinking that Phase 3 will be repurposed as a Pixar catchall land for multiple Pixar properties? I ask only because I thought Radiator Springs Racers wasn't happening...

UNCgolf

Is there even room for another ride in Adventureland? Where would it go?

I guess there may be a spot between Splash Mountain and Pirates, but they'd have to reroute the railroad again and I'm not sure how easy that would be since it runs under Splash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom