Indiana Jones Land?

Dutch Inn '76

Too bad Harrison Ford hasn't. 🤣

I love the franchise though. They need a reboot from the original.

Agreed. I don't want to see a 'remake' like the morons did in The Force Awakens - just gimme young Indy & Marian in the late '20s played by completely different actors. Harrison Ford can have a cameo if y'all like, but he's too old for the role now. Sorry!

erasure fan1

Yup. It's SO STALE. It needed an update twenty years ago.
Isn't that the issue with Disney as a whole? They let things sit and get stale without any updates, you see it all over the parks.

I can't remember the last time we saw this show. Im guessing it was at least 15years ago. I would love for them to add a ride and just get rid of the show. A fun ride can still be fun many many years after it opens, like splash, thunder... but the way Disney does shows, it gets old after a few trips of nothing changing.

Scrooged

I understand that its time for the Indy Stunt Spectacular to go. IT takes up some valuable real estate that can be re-purposed- possibly for an Indy ride. But, I am one of those nostalgia nuts when it comes to this as I grew up on Indiana Jones. My stepping stone was Ducktales, then I moved on to Indy. So while I understand the need to move on from the stunt spectacular I am a little sad to see that it may be on the chopping block.

Plus, My Dad isn't around anymore and he and I loved that show and I really want my boys to see the whole show before it's gone. The last time we went we were rained out -twice.

RandySavage

Re-purposing Star Tours to fit an Indy Land reminded me of the interesting 'Mercenary Angels' by concept artist Subin Rajendran:
subin-rajendran-production-design-week14-subin-rajendran-10.jpg

subin-rajendran-production-design-week14-subin-rajendran-07.jpg

Much more art here: https://www.artstation.com/subinrajendran.

His is a different system, but you could probably create a highly-customized variant of the Flying Boat that could work with a Star Tours simulator:
710x528_18974026_11035592_1496262367.jpg

It seems like a much easier & better idea to put an Indy-land in the Studios vs AK.

rle4lunch

Re-purposing Star Tours to fit an Indy Land reminded me of the interesting 'Mercenary Angels' by concept artist Subin Rajendran:
subin-rajendran-production-design-week14-subin-rajendran-10.jpg

subin-rajendran-production-design-week14-subin-rajendran-07.jpg

Much more art here: https://www.artstation.com/subinrajendran.

His is a different system, but you could probably create a highly-customized variant of the Flying Boat that could work with a Star Tours simulator:
710x528_18974026_11035592_1496262367.jpg

It seems like a much easier & better idea to put an Indy-land in the Studios vs AK.

Yup. I've said this on multiple occasions. I'm guessing they're repurpose Star Tours and either build a new ride where Indy Stunt show is or go the cheap route and give us a new rendition of the live show (💩). Easiest miniland since Toy Story, and only for 4 billion dollars (and 6 years construction time)

ToTBellHop

Yes, it doesn't have to be about the production of movie stunts. It could be an actual show.
Agreed. If they keep it, it should stop explaining how stunts are done. Honestly, that’s a bit condescending in 2019 since people have easy access to this information. All it does is unnecessarily disrupt pacing. A 25-minute show following Indy through a series of major action scenes (like the tail end of an action movie) would do the trick and increase the potential number of shows daily. Have the entire show under the canopy for better lighting control and to avoid the dreaded (except by kids, who often prefer the pacing) “rain show”.

dennis-in-ct

Isn't that the issue with Disney as a whole? They let things sit and get stale without any updates, you see it all over the parks.

I can't remember the last time we saw this show. Im guessing it was at least 15years ago. I would love for them to add a ride and just get rid of the show. A fun ride can still be fun many many years after it opens, like splash, thunder... but the way Disney does shows, it gets old after a few trips of nothing changing.

The first time I saw the show was 1989 - THIRTY years ago. Urgh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom