Indiana Jones Land?

doctornick

Although a boat-based attraction would also contribute to the eclecticism of DHS's attraction lineup, if they wanted something "faster," IJA has shown incredible staying power as a top-tier attraction for over 20 years at Disneyland (although I prefer the DisneySea version, because the Disneyland version relies a little but too much on blacklights against 2-dimensional backdrops, but presumably a WDW version would be "modernized," so I'm not worried about those issues with the Disneyland version being copied). Adding a version of the Paris roller coaster / Raging Spirits (or a more kid-friendly, non-inverting version of the same) would make it a really solid mini-land.

Shanghai POTC tech for an Indy boat ride
Raging Spirits roller coaster as a second ride
"archaeology site" play area for kids

Now you have a nice land.

CalebS

Indiana jones splash esque ride + new ija with different storyline and a mini coaster would be a dream land.. but probably too ambitious

celluloid

I love the Indiana Jones films, I think I even love them more than the Star Wars films. But they are even more derivative of earlier adventure serials than SW is. That’s not a bad thing, but since there is less unique synthesis and mixing of genres going on in IJ than in SW, that also leaves it vulnerable to feeling a touch generic.

The world is full of adventure heroes outfitted in jungle explorer clothing, trying to get ancient supernatural artifacts while riding a runaway mine train and fighting Nazis. There aren’t that many laser sword-wielding monks traveling in worn-down spaceships and fighting Nazis.
I get what you are saying, you are not wrong. The same theme different flavors seem to coexist no issue though.
Their force and swords are called Magic and wands, the spaceships brooms, the mine carts bank rail cars and flying old run down motor cycles. The Nazis are Death Eaters. All the same great storytelling ice cream in different flavors.

HauntedMansionFLA

Plenty of room behind the stunt show. Any thoughts @jt04 ?
9B026078-2B3E-4A76-8880-B492AAEC98E3.jpeg

jt04

Plenty of room behind the stunt show. Any thoughts @jt04 ?View attachment 343848

That is one of the favorites for expansion according to insiders. The other being the area around the Launch Bay. Also the pad under the BatB theater.

I doubt a final decision has been made for the next phase. Looks like Epcot might get more attention until GE settles down. Or doesn't.

rle4lunch

Well, any form of new Indy ain't opening up till 2030 at this rate, so let's just stow the convo on it. lol. I'd love to see any change to the stunt show location and star tours turn into a multitude of different storyline escapes from all Indy movies. too include some water splashing in your face (see spiderman ride)... lol.

in reality, i would wish for something new and awesome, but WDO tamps down my expectations for anything after i see the final result (see RoL, pandora boat ride, etc)... we'll get an Indy spinner that has seats shaped like river rafts, jeeps and horses...

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Well, any form of new Indy ain't opening up till 2030 at this rate, so let's just stow the convo on it. lol. I'd love to see any change to the stunt show location and star tours turn into a multitude of different storylines escapes from all Indy movies. too include some water splashing in your face (see spiderman ride)... lol.

in reality, i would wish for something new and awesome, but WDO tamps down my expectations for anything after i see the final result (see RoL, pandora boat ride, etc)... we'll get an Indy spinner that has seats shaped like river rafts, jeeps and horses...
I believe 2022 is the first open year without a new attraction/ride being built. Hopefully something will be announced at the D23.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom