Indiana Jones Land?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
…this just in from burbank: Indyland on hold
View attachment 720670
Not surprisingly, the reviews are mostly identical. Seems it's a fan-serviced, "paint by numbers" picture without much substance. That said, being a fan-service movie means it'll probably do just fine with audiences. Besides, if we're talking an Indiana Jones land... it's the original trilogy that people like anyway...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not surprisingly, the reviews are mostly identical. Seems it's a fan-serviced, "paint by numbers" picture without much substance. That said, being a fan-service movie means it'll probably do just fine with audiences. Besides, if we're talking an Indiana Jones land... it's the original trilogy that people like anyway...
…we see this a lot

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It really depends on what audiences think. Mario got AWFUL reviews, but the average moviegoer (myself included) thought it was pretty good & it destroyed the box office.

But yeah, it's not looking good rn. :confused:
Seen the trailers?

CG horses running through subways?

Just can’t trust Disney these days…especially in San Fran

Not producing

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Revisionist history is an amazing tool for you.

Perhaps the fact that temperatures recently have been very low and not favorable to water parks especially two is one issue?
Last I checked they aren't closing either for good anytime soon. Perhaps you should watch it play
Hey…it’s 90…I’ll meet you on the slush gusher 👍🏻

YodaMan

View attachment 719040

This “former” Disney artist, who has worked on several attractions posted this in an Indiana Jones Facebook group today. I’m wondering if there’s some sort of new Indiana Jones attraction coming based on the new movie… or perhaps some kind of renovation to some existing Indy attraction or shop.

A permit was filed for construction work on the Indy gift shop at DHS two weeks ago. Could be some sort of new quick install for there?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A permit was filed for construction work on the Indy gift shop at DHS two weeks ago. Could be some sort of new quick install for there?
Hopefully they’ll have this:

1685715806874.jpeg

My favorite one ever 😂

They have an Indy section in the Star Wars store on Hollywood blvd

What used to be mickeys of Hollywood

Screamface

It really depends on what audiences think. Mario got AWFUL reviews, but the average moviegoer (myself included) thought it was pretty good & it destroyed the box office.

But yeah, it's not looking good rn. :confused:

Is there an audience though? Does anyone under 40 even care about the franchise? Has any legacy franchise ever been revived in a well-regarded way besides the Karate Kid show?

BlakeW39

Is there an audience though? Does anyone under 40 even care about the franchise? Has any legacy franchise ever been revived in a well-regarded way besides the Karate Kid show?

I mean I'm under 40 and I really enjoy the original trilogy. Do I need to see it continued, no, but that just plays into the fact that I'm sort of fed up with all this franchise rehashing in general.

SpectreJordan

There's definitely a lot of 90s & even 00s kids that are fans. I'm one of them. It's definitely an aging franchise but it still has fans.

As for the latter, Top Gun: Maverick is the best example of that. It even surpassed the quality of the first one by a lot, atleast IMO.

RunForestRun

Besides, if we're talking an Indiana Jones land... it's the original trilogy that people like anyway...

Unfortunately that's what we thought about Star Wars, but they gave us a land that's based on the sequel trilogy. And possibly worst of all... a planet we've never seen before.

Screamface

There's definitely a lot of 90s & even 00s kids that are fans. I'm one of them. It's definitely an aging franchise but it still has fans.

As for the latter, Top Gun: Maverick is the best example of that. It even surpassed the quality of the first one by a lot, atleast IMO.

Top Gun's an interesting one. I would say the brand of Tom Cruise was bigger than Top Gun and a reason to go to the cinema was a large part of its appeal. I know for myself I didn't see that film because it was a Top Gun film, I saw it because I trust Tom's team and it looked awesome and visually spectacular. The only time I have seen the original was streaming it about a week before I went to my pre-booked imax tickets.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Top Gun's an interesting one. I would say the brand of Tom Cruise was bigger than Top Gun and a reason to go to the cinema was a large part of its appeal. I know for myself I didn't see that film because it was a Top Gun film, I saw it because I trust Tom's team and it looked awesome and visually spectacular. The only time I have seen the original was streaming it about a week before I went to my pre-booked imax tickets.
Really great in imax

As far as the movie…it was a remake…pretty much.

But it didn’t insult you like the farce awakens or Mary poppins returns

It was just easy to consume and enjoy. That is a simple formula.

And as far as cruise goes: you know he hated CG…and real is more impressive. It’s just that it had to evolve to push the edge like cg did.

The great John knoll has commented on that: the more texture you put in a shot - even a computer one - like with models - the better it looks

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Gen X controls the entertainment money…

George tried not to cater to them…in their 20’s and 30’s…25 years ago and fell on his face. He was Never Referred to as a “genius” again

So how does TWDC make the same damn mistake on a grander scale??
Maybe that stupid map in their first movie was what they needed to not make obvious mistakes??

This Indy thing…man…the bbc review is a real gut punch. And a 100% predictable tale of miscalculation…
Try to act shocked at how it’s EXACTLY what the yoda complex did before 🙄

BlakeW39

"how Bob Iger can save his $4bil investment"

dear god am I tired of hearing that man's name

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom