Indiana Jones 5 Now Pushed Back to 2021

erasure fan1

Judging by the people who run Lucasfilm, she'll probably be a character designed to upstage Indy. He'll be a ****ed off old man in retirement. She'll seek out the "Great Indy" to help her on a quest. Only to be disillusioned by meeting him. He'll reluctantly be made to help but really add very little to the whole adventure.
It would not suprise me if it went that way. As long as Kennedy is there, I would say this scenario is fairly plausible unfortunately. I have very little faith in this project because of the people running Lucasfilm at the moment. I get that Ford isn't getting any younger but I hope the movie can be delayed long enough for Kennedy to ride off into the sunset and new blood comes in. Of course the heads at Disney would make the hiring decision so I guess its still a question mark.

Screamface

although not bad, just make it better than kingdom of the crystal skull

It's been years since I watched it, but that film never turned the corner where I don't care and can enjoy it for what it is. There was just a whole pile of mistakes, and I mean mistakes. Not choices I disagree with but absolutely wrong decisions in the scripting and film making that ruined that film. Where basically the same script with a few different choices in execution of the film would have made the film a whole lot better. I'm not even talking about the fridge, the film was still enjoyable at that point. Although they over did the animation of the fridge flying through the shockwave.

Things like, the design of the Crystal Skulls and showing a dead alien early in the film. Absolute mistake. The film would have worked better if there was some mystery around the skulls, their origin, man made or alien, do they have power. The CGI alien at the end, nope. Yet they could have still had the epic shot of Indy and the UFO.

Spielbergs decision to shoot it how he'd have shot a film in 1980, with the same type of cinematography made the film look like garbage. Shooting lots of stuff on sets that could have been location, would have been location in the originals but lighting them to look like sets was dumb. Then shooting CGI heavy sequences, how you'd shoot them before CGI was invented means they look horrid. As you're not incorporating all the tools and tricks needed to make CGI heavy sequences look good.

Here's a psychic Russian spy, who then isn't psychic? Or is? Well anyway she follows them by finding a trail of Christmas tree lights in the jungle.

Marrion just intentionally with purpose drives a car off a cliff into a tree to ascend a cliff. There's no sense of danger when those high risk moves are done with intent, knowing they'd work.

Anyway, I could go on and I haven't even mentioned the Shia of it all.

mf1972

not jumping to conclusions, but i guess mikkelsen could be the villain. i did hear a crazy rumor that mark hamill was going to be a villain. that would be fun.

NateD1226

First photo of Harrison Ford on the set of IJ5!

1623100150870.png

Credit: @IndianaJones_ch on Twitter

champdisney

Apparently, the running title to Indy 5 is Indiana Jones and the Empire of Evil. Rumors of a de-aged Indy fighting more Nazis... Nazis obsessed with reaching space first but end up encountering UFOs...

Sounds a little reminiscent to the last one.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Harrison Ford hurt himself rehearsing a fight scene in Indiana Jones 5, sources tell Deadline. The extent of his injury wasn’t immediately known, but it involves his shoulder. Director James Mangold will continue to shoot around him while the appropriate course of treatment is evaluated. The filming schedule will be reconfigured as needed in the coming weeks. Disney has set the Lucasfilm action thriller for a July 29, 2022 release date."

Jedijax719

This was unfortunately bound to happen. Ford is amazing and will bounce back, but didn't something similar happen on the set of The Force Awakens? (the Falcon's door closing on him or something?). He's almost 80 but still wants to do these things. Good on him. Not sure how it will affect the release schedule.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Antonio Banderas is Harrison Ford’s newest co-star in the anticipated next installment in the Indiana Jones franchise. The Oscar-nominated Banderas has closed a deal to join the film to star alongside Ford, who returns as our favorite archaeologist, and an all-star ensemble that includes Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Mads Mikkelsen, Boyd Holbrook and Shaunette Renée Wilson. For Banderas, the film marks another major franchise for the international star."

britain

Well, I thought I might link to a recent ID5 article by @WDW Pro but it appears he's been scrubbed off the website he was working for. I guess he wrote one too many articles about China and someone got to him.

mf1972

just a thought & i don’t know if this has been mentioned yet, but i hope they bring back some other characters like sallah, willie, short round. i can do without mutt 😜

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom