Indiana Jones 5 Now Pushed Back to 2021

Ripken10

They could easily of done a nice reboot with Ford as the Sean Connery role but they are going to butcher this
I could be wrong, but I don't think that was possible given Ford's contract, most specifically connected to Force Awakens. As I understood it, after this movie, they no longer will have any obligations to Ford as far as Indiana Jones is concerned.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I could be wrong, but I don't think that was possible given Ford's contract, most specifically connected to Force Awakens. As I understood it, after this movie, they no longer will have any obligations to Ford as far as Indiana Jones is concerned.

I’m not sure what value he brings anymore...I think in the not too distant future he’s gonna catch a lot of hell for even being involved in Star Wars again. A big part of the issues they’re having

mf1972

apologies for the thread bump. i saw today the indy movies will be released on 4K dvd this june. i don’t know if anyone here still buys dvd’s, but i’m looking forward to getting this

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
James Mangold will direct with Spielberg producing. Filming begins this summer and has a July 2022 release date. John Williams also returns to score the film.

Let's start an Internet rumor that Indy's getting a gender swap and she's playing IndiAnna Jones and watch the freak out!

DavidNoble

I'm confused as to why Phoebe is in this movie. Is she going to be Indy's daughter? I really hope they don't have her trying to date Indy.

ppete1975

they need to make this soon before he screws up flying again or breaks a hip
hes not getting any younger and his flying record isntthe best

Jedijax719

I keep forgetting they are (supposedly) still making this film and had pretty much lost faith in the idea that they even would. Ford is almost 80 for crying out loud.

I would have expected them to choose a young 20-something woman to take the helm into the future. I was secretly hoping that Daisy Ridley would step in. Not sure about this Phoebe girl. At this point, you almost need someone who is at least somewhat known to carry the torch.

I also know that media outlets tend to say that anyone who is cast for any role in a major movie is playing "the lead". For example, they just announced that the "female lead" of Encanto would be voiced by a 40-year old woman when we KNOW that the lead is a teenage girl.

Last edited:

Screamface

I don't really see how her typical characters would fit into an Indy film. So hopefully she's doing something a bit different.

Judging by the people who run Lucasfilm, she'll probably be a character designed to upstage Indy. He'll be a ed off old man in retirement. She'll seek out the "Great Indy" to help her on a quest. Only to be disillusioned by meeting him. He'll reluctantly be made to help but really add very little to the whole adventure. He'll bring forth some knowledge, only to have the new character then expand upon it and make the brilliant conclusions. She'll solve the puzzles and Indy will gruff lines like, "How'd you do that?"

We'll get the apparently mandatory Disney scene where the character punches a big jacked dude in the face, knocking him out. Maybe the cliche, Indy will be over powered by men and she'll break a vase on one of their heads saving him.

I really like Fleabag, I really am curious to see what the character will be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom