Indiana Jones 5 Now Pushed Back to 2021

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://411mania.com/movies/indiana-jones-5-announced-for-2019/

– Walt Disney Studios announced today that Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford will reunite for Indiana Jones 5. Indiana Jones 5 is currently scheduled for a July 19th, 2019 release date, and Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce the film. Alan Horn, Chairman of The Walt Disney Studios, had the following to say about the announcement…

“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019. It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”

The Indian Jones franchise (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) has made $1.98 billion at the worldwide box-office.

Jahona

If it's not a reboot of the franchise do we need a 5th one? Harrison Ford is 73 and he was showing his age in The Force Awakens. Indiana Jones is a much more physically involved movie than Star Wars. I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan, and will hold off judgement till we know more.

On a side note there is nothing in the press document that talks about George Lucas. I wonder if he is getting snubbed by Disney again.

erasure fan1

beat me to it by 1min. lol

I would bet on this being a pass the torch story just like force awakens. The big question then is who will they pass the torch to? I wouldn't mind them taking the son aspect of 4 and just doing a re-cast. I would also bet on them not having Lucas involved at all, especially after his attitude after star wars.

I just heard today that if my information is indeed correct that Spielberg and Ford are officially returning for another epic adventure! July 19, 2019??!!!?? It didn't say however if George Lucas will be coming back. Who's pumped that Harrison Ford is coming back? And not a new actor to play Indy.

No Name

Huh. Nice!

I also like that Harrison Ford is returning. You can't just switch the guy like they do in James Bond and Marvel movies. No no, there is one Indiana Jones, and anyone else is just... not Indiana Jones.

I expect both 5th movies (PoTC5 and this) to be very good and wrap up these stories well, if wrapping up is what they plan to do. Either way I am very much hoping that these are good movies.

mf1972

also don't kill him off like his other character, Han Solo. if the do, it'll be ironic if it's a snake bite.

prberk

First, we could have seen this coming a mile away. Everyone who follows Harrison Ford's career knows that for years he claimed he was done with Star Wars and could not see himself reprising his role, but that Indiana Jones was different. He loved that character and wanted to do more.

When the deal was signed for the Lucasfilm purchase to include a new Star Wars sequel starring Harrison Ford, I was almost certain that the following would happen:
  1. He would only star in one Star Wars film (and thus get killed off in it), and
  2. A new Indiana Jones movie for Harrison Ford would be part of the deal.
I am certain that #2 was entirely part of why we saw him in the new SW film and promoting it with such zest as he has in so many appearances. It was part of his deal, I am sure, to get the new Indy movie.

Second thing for me is, why is everyone mentioning recasting for his son? I don't think Shia was so bad at least in that movie. I know he has seemed bongos in his personal life lately, but I think with the right direction he is good one for the role. I think others could do it, but I could still see him as well.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
On a side note there is nothing in the press document that talks about George Lucas. I wonder if he is getting snubbed by Disney again.
What are you talking about, "snubbed"? The dude sold the company, there's no snubbing involved. It's not his company anymore. I sold my house in Florida a few years ago. The new owners didn't consult me when they decided to remodel the master bathroom.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I think this will be good like the last one was. Harrison was already showing his age in Crystal Skull, so this will probably be even weirder to see.

Jahona

What are you talking about, "snubbed"? The dude sold the company, there's no snubbing involved. It's not his company anymore. I sold my house in Florida a few years ago. The new owners didn't consult me when they decided to remodel the master bathroom.

You can't compare a house to creative property. I'm speaking more on the fact that Spielberg and Lucas were a team with Indiana Jones, they created it together. Spielberg directed and Lucas influence story and design, it was their combined talents that brought Indiana Jones to the screen to begin with. Although it does seem that Spielberg covered for Lucas for half the crazy stuff fans hated in Crystal Skull.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You can't compare a house to creative property.
Of course you can. When you sell it, it ain't yours anymore. If you don't like it, don't sell it (or sell it with stipulations).

I'm speaking more on the fact that Spielberg and Lucas were a team with Indiana Jones, they created it together. Spielberg directed and Lucas influence story and design, it was their combined talents that brought Indiana Jones to the screen to begin with. Although it does seem that Spielberg covered for Lucas for half the crazy stuff fans hated in Crystal Skull.
All irrelevant in 2016.

Jahona

If you don't like it, don't sell it (or sell it with stipulations).

I haven't read the contract for the sale but I got the feeling from interviews with Lucas after the sale and after Star Wars 7 was announced that he felt he could still have some creative pull with the franchises. Also he was still a small part of Lucasfilm up until January of 2015 as they produced his animated movie "Strange Magic" although I got the feeling that was Disney letting Lucas make a movie to appease him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom