Indiana Jones 5 Now Pushed Back to 2021

mf1972

By the time this one comes out, it will be 12 years after Indy 4. If they use that continuity, Indy 5 will take place in 1970 (though it could also be bumped back a couple years to 1968). Shia can pop in for a quick cameo, show off Henry Jones IV or whatever, and leave for the rest of the film.

Raiders was set in 1936, focused on pre-WWII adventure of Biblical proportions fighting Nazis
Temple of Doom- 1935- Jungle adventure & magic
Last Crusade- 1938- Nazis and biblical adventures, Father-son bonding time
Crystal Skull- 1957, ends in 1958- Communists, Jungle, Father-son bonding time, Aliens (am I missing anything? There was a lot packed into that one)
Indy 5- late 1960s, early 1970s- could be communists, maybe set in Vietnam, the return of Sallah (please, Spielberg, he won't do it if it's only a cameo)
looks like u covered everything ;)

Princess Leia

Oh, what's really important:

Raiders- snakes
Temple- giant bugs
Crusade- rats
Crystal Skull- ants
Indy 5- spiders? small reptiles that aren't snakes? birds? the impending mortality of Dr. Jones if he keeps going on dangerous missions?

Princess Leia

Mice. Big mice that talk and run theme parks.
I'm actually pretty interested in the direction of this one now that Disney is in control. Indy 4 had aliens because George Lucas refused to take them out, so who knows what he'll throw into Indy 5.
Actually, is George even going to be involved? Last time he gave Disney ideas, they threw them out, and he compared the company to slaveowners.

Phroobar

I'm actually pretty interested in the direction of this one now that Disney is in control. Indy 4 had aliens because George Lucas refused to take them out, so who knows what he'll throw into Indy 5.
Actually, is George even going to be involved? Last time he gave Disney ideas, they threw them out, and he compared the company to slaveowners.
No Uncle George in this one. I'm hoping for flashbacks to a young Indy as seen through Ford's eyes.

Princess Leia

No Uncle George in this one. I'm hoping for flashbacks to a young Indy as seen through Ford's eyes.
If they do (since River Phoenix obviously isn't around), I hope it's Anthony Ingruber. He's already played young Harrison Ford for a movie, and he's pretty good at it.

Honestly, he should have been cast as Han Solo, but I'm sure he'd be happy to do Indy.

champdisney

Was once excited for this but now it’s got to the point where I’m hoping they just scrap this entirely. This isn’t in Spielberg’s top priorities hence the push backs and I recently heard that Jon Kasdan will pen the script, an absolute horrible decision.

NateD1226

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There is no information George is involved, but direct information that Steven is.
You just make stuff up now?

View attachment 376050
He’s credited the same in all the new Star Wars movies too just because they use characters he created. It doesn’t mean he has any involvement in the movie itself.

To put this in the right thread...

5 George Lucas will be involved as executive producer
George Lucas has executive-produced every Indiana Jones movie, but it was initially reported that he wouldn’t be involved with the fifth one. Steven Spielberg, who has directed all the others alongside Lucas’ creative input, quickly debunked this report and confirmed, “I would never make an Indiana Jones film without George Lucas. That’d be insane.”

No Name

To put this in the right thread...

5 George Lucas will be involved as executive producer
George Lucas has executive-produced every Indiana Jones movie, but it was initially reported that he wouldn’t be involved with the fifth one. Steven Spielberg, who has directed all the others alongside Lucas’ creative input, quickly debunked this report and confirmed, “I would never make an Indiana Jones film without George Lucas. That’d be insane.”

Good try skrting away from your last post. You pointed to George’s writing credits as “information that George is involved” which is flat-out wrong. So the line “You just make stuff up now?”, followed by that picture, is unjustified and shows a lack of knowledge on your part. That’s all I was saying. I don’t know if George is actually involved or not.

A simple admission and apology to @nesboy43 would be nice.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Good try skrting away from your last post. You pointed to George’s writing credits as “information that George is involved” which is flat-out wrong. So the line “You just make stuff up now?”, followed by that picture, is unjustified and shows a lack of knowledge on your part. That’s all I was saying. I don’t know if George is actually involved or not.

A simple admission and apology to @nesboy43 would be nice.

Everything we know so far is George is involved. Which is the exact opposite of what was claimed, thus, it was made-up since there never was any official or unofficial source that George wasn't involved.

My conscience is clear. But, give yourself some points and enjoy.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
You are completely misinformed. There is no confirmation George is involved, only Steven. We have no official confirmation, finding random websites as evidence does not work. Disney has listed Steven as the director, zero mention of George.

They aren't random websites. They are reports of Speilberg himself saying George is involved. They are literally literally quoting him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom