Indiana Jones 5 Now Pushed Back to 2021

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
The only reason why he felt "snubbed" in the first place with Star Wars is because he wanted Disney to use a story he came up with and they turned around and did something different. Unless he already had a story planned for a 5th movie, presented it to Disney and they went in a different direction, that's not being snubbed...that's business. It happens all the time.

Jahona

The only reason why he felt "snubbed"

I didn't say he felt snubbed. I said Disney was snubbing him. To snub is to ignore or spurn. When you don't include someone who had a hand in the creation of a certain property that is to snub. I'm not saying I'm shocked they chose to leave Lucas out, just putting it out there that he wasn't mentioned and doesn't look to have any involvement.

Tony the Tigger

The only reason why he felt "snubbed" in the first place with Star Wars is because he wanted Disney to use a story he came up with and they turned around and did something different. Unless he already had a story planned for a 5th movie, presented it to Disney and they went in a different direction, that's not being snubbed...that's business. It happens all the time.

I'm a fan of Lucas, I was forever touched by Star Wars as a kid in the 70's. But the way he "blew it" with the prequels, he deserved to be "snubbed" or whatever you want to call it to avoid any of that prequel taint on the new series.

When you're Pat Benatar, you can choose to go and make a jazz album. When you're George Lucas, don't suck at Star Wars movies!!

With all that said, Lucas is kind of the "God" (I mean, he absolutely is the creator) of the Star Wars universe, so it would be interesting and perhaps instructive to hear what he may have had planned for that universe.

O/T side note: just saw a documentary on SHO about a Superman movie that never happened - it was a "darker" version of Superman, directed by Tim Burton, starring Nicolas Cage - ack! Kevin Smith wrote the initial script but then got kicked off. The whole thing was turning out a little bizarre but was about to be shot when WB got spooked after the failure of "Batman & Robin" and a few other movies in a row. So the plug was pulled.

Why do people think "darker" is better? Just be happy bright red & blue Superman, OK?

OliveMcFly

Anything to erase Crystal Skull from my mind...You just can't leave a franchise on a sour note like that. Same way I feel about the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise ending on Stranger Tides....
Right, if we could not have aliens in this that would be great.
I think they should have left it at a trilogy.

CastleBound

I'm extremely excited, as Indy is my favorite character. I personally may be called out here, but I loved KOTCS. It took some time to garner the love, but to me now, it is great despite some flaws. I'll also be the only one to say I enjoyed Shia. I really like the attitude of his character, Mutt. If you have a problem with Mutt, I think it's probably more with how he was directed or written, not what Shia put on the screen. I personally hope they bring him back and continue the story. I don't want to see any recasts, I just want a seamless story line with all the characters we know.

I don't think they will kill Indy off, but maybe they could somehow lead him back to the grail temple and have him watch over the cup. I imagine once they left the temple, there is basically like an automatic reset that fixes the cracks and craters, puts the grail back into position and reverts back to the way everything was before Indy and the Nazi's got there. Maybe Indy could take over for the grail knight and become immortalized in the tomb.

Phroobar

They need a movie version of one of these games:
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones and the Revenge of the Ancients
Indiana Jones and His Desktop Adventures

Uncle Lupe

Indiana Jones and the Search of the Early Bird Special.

Make the new Han Solo and Indys son played by the same actor so pass the torch to him.

Princess Leia

god i hope he's not in this movie
By the time this one comes out, it will be 12 years after Indy 4. If they use that continuity, Indy 5 will take place in 1970 (though it could also be bumped back a couple years to 1968). Shia can pop in for a quick cameo, show off Henry Jones IV or whatever, and leave for the rest of the film.

Raiders was set in 1936, focused on pre-WWII adventure of Biblical proportions fighting Nazis
Temple of Doom- 1935- Jungle adventure & magic
Last Crusade- 1938- Nazis and biblical adventures, Father-son bonding time
Crystal Skull- 1957, ends in 1958- Communists, Jungle, Father-son bonding time, Aliens (am I missing anything? There was a lot packed into that one)
Indy 5- late 1960s, early 1970s- could be communists, maybe set in Vietnam, the return of Sallah (please, Spielberg, he won't do it if it's only a cameo)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom