Incorporating Fox (and more) into the Parks

Miru

Original Poster
Considering that we already have Pandora, and the Simpsons, FOX’s mascots, are for now off the table, I wonder how we should, or if we should, incorporate Fox elements at Disney parks.

Note: This is not limited to Fox. ABC, Touchstone, and other things owned by Disney but not under their label are allowed here.

My choices would be for the Disney-like animated films they made during the 1990s to come first. FernGully, Anastasia, The Pagemaster, Once Upon a Forest, etc.

I don’t think the Blue Sky Films would fit too well, they’re often too zany and fluffy even for Disney. Films like FernGully just fit better. FernGully, for one, could have a part in the Conservation Station and/or The Land. One crazy idea I had was that Enchanted Tiki Room could get another “Under New Management” Version, featuring Batty Koda and Bartok! Not only are they not originally Disney characters, they aren’t even birds!

And I just feel like maybe Anastasia gets added to the meet and greet characters.

So, what else do you want to see from Fox, Touchstone, etc?

TwilightZone

In a perfect world we would have ALIEN alien encounter.
But since that can never happen, the best fox property to use would probably be Futurama. I assume fox still has the rights to it. Would make for a great Star Tours replacement.

Twilight_Roxas

Walt Disney Studios park in Paris could include The Simpsons since Universal Studios has the US rights to The Simpsons like with Marvel in Orlando even a French dub version of The Simpsons ride. As for the Tiki Room there’s Rio remember? As for The Peanuts movie? By the way Epic could easily have a dark ride.

Twilight_Roxas

In a perfect world we would have ALIEN alien encounter.
But since that can never happen, the best fox property to use would probably be Futurama. I assume fox still has the rights to it. Would make for a great Star Tours replacement.
If Disney does there own Halloween event that targets teens and adults they could easily create a Alien vs Predator maze along with American Horror Story.

Miru

Original Poster
Walt Disney Studios park in Paris could include The Simpsons since Universal Studios has the US rights to The Simpsons like with Marvel in Orlando even a French dub version of The Simpsons ride. As for the Tiki Room there’s Rio remember? As for The Peanuts movie? By the way Epic could easily have a dark ride.

Peanuts theme park rights are proudly owned by Cedar Fair, though. Epic might work somewhere, perhaps in Animal Kingdom. And while Rio being in the Tiki Room would be fitting, it would still be a little awkward to see them and most Blue Sky characters in general. Rio could also work in Conservation Station.

If Disney does there own Halloween event that targets teens and adults they could easily create a Alien vs Predator maze along with American Horror Story.

Predator was something I forgot, but sure. He’s definitely one of the characters i’d love to see ‘round Halloween. Perhaps his maze, due to being more mature, could be a premium attraction? Maybe even as an excuse to bring Discovery Island and/or River Country out of retirement. Those who don’t want to pony up for the maze can see him as a meetable character in Hollywood Studios, Tommorowland, Future World, and Dinoland USA. Alien’s also a decent meetable idea. If AvP is successful, we can also do an American Horror Story maze.

And I agree that Simpsons in Paris could be a start.

Twilight_Roxas

Cedar Fair has the theme park rights to the Peanuts in the US. Universal has the theme park rights to the Peanuts in Japan. So Disney through Blue Sky Studios would have the theme park rights to the Peanuts in Paris, Shanghai, and Hong Kong.

Miru

Original Poster
Cedar Fair has the theme park rights to the Peanuts in the US. Universal has the theme park rights to the Peanuts in Japan. So Disney through Blue Sky Studios would have the theme park rights to the Peanuts in Paris, Shanghai, and Hong Kong.

Sadly, I’m pretty certain Disney has to license the rights from the estate of Charles Schulz, to begin with, anywhere.

As for the mazes Alien vs Predator & American Horror Story could be in the same park just in a different area. Even DCA could fit them as well.

DCA seems like a good place for them in Disneyland resort. Alien vs Predator could be in the Forest area, and maybe American Horror Story in the Pacific.

Miru

Original Poster
Fox still has the rights to Futurama. Plus Comedy Central airs Futurama as well.
Yes, Futurama is a very good choice. A simulator would work for that series.

Something akin to the wand shop in Universal would be cool for the Pagemaster representation. Zombies Ate My Neighbors would be a fun Halloween event.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom