News Incident at Spaceship Earth today (3/16/19)

Dragonman

Wait, he was found?

I stopped checking the thread a long whil ago because it was annoying and there was literally no news on it anyway, so I don’t know what else happened since

I believe they’re referring to Dave Ensign reporting Buzzy was apparently backstage somewhere

GCTales

I won't believe they have rights to Star Trek until they build a giant cube shaped building on the scale of a borg spaceship.

oh wait
image.jpeg

Courtesy DeviantArt

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Did you tell any CM? We had a ride on SM a few years ago that was sub-optimal due to ALL the AA's being inactive (read "slumped over like they were dead"). Since it was early in the day, when we told the CMs, they said something like we were the first to tell them this and that someone must have forgotten to turn on the various circuits powering the AAs.
This. I was the first to ride RnRC one morning and the onboard audio wasn't turned on yet. When we pointed it out they let us ride again without getting back in line.

I worked at an amusement park years ago and part of opening procedure was to ride the ride before the park opened to check and make sure everything was working. Do they not do that at WDW?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I worked at an amusement park years ago and part of opening procedure was to ride the ride before the park opened to check and make sure everything was working. Do they not do that at WDW?
They do that on Pirates. One person had to ride it and we had a checklist for every “critical” effect. If all of the key animatronics were working (jack sparrows, auction pirates, red, at least two out of 3 musicians, ect. The ones critical to scenes) then the attraction could open. If any of them weren’t, then a leader had to make the decision.

So yes, Disney does this. Don’t know what happened here.

Bender123

I once rode Pirates with my wife in the middle of the day and all the animatronics had their heads slumped completely down (staring at the ground) but their mouths were moving and in sync with the audio and dialogue. This was for everything including the ship Captain at the beginning all the way to Jack Sparrow at the end. When we got off the ride sure enough all the boats behind us were empty and the CMs were aware.

It was terrifying though to be honest, it was like something out of a horror movie.

That actually sounds amazing...Am I the only one that actively hopes to ride one of these when they glitch out?

sgtbtlbailey

Steve Jobs never moved. I've always complained about that. That was the worst implemented show scene in all of SSE's history. I've seen better show scenes at the Enchanted Villiage that Jordan's furniture puts on every year.
And some of those are super creepy!! Yet we keep going every year :joyfull: The kids love the Polar Express ride.

Sonconato

Steve Jobs never moved. I've always complained about that. That was the worst implemented show scene in all of SSE's history. I've seen better show scenes at the Enchanted Villiage that Jordan's furniture puts on every year.
I'm so old, I remember Enchanted Village in Jordan Marsh. When my son was a baby, Mayor Menino put it in City Hall. I know, I know...Disney forum.

WondersOfLife

I once rode Pirates with my wife in the middle of the day and all the animatronics had their heads slumped completely down (staring at the ground) but their mouths were moving and in sync with the audio and dialogue. This was for everything including the ship Captain at the beginning all the way to Jack Sparrow at the end. When we got off the ride sure enough all the boats behind us were empty and the CMs were aware.

It was terrifying though to be honest, it was like something out of a horror movie.
Yes we were told to cycle the boats out first.

The same is said if there is a fire in the building. The only time we EVER are to push "emergency stop" is if someone is in the water. If the building is on fire, the phrase is to let them ride by and "roast the guests, don't scorch them."

ElBendro

They do that on Pirates. One person had to ride it and we had a checklist for every “critical” effect. If all of the key animatronics were working (jack sparrows, auction pirates, red, at least two out of 3 musicians, ect. The ones critical to scenes) then the attraction could open. If any of them weren’t, then a leader had to make the decision.

So yes, Disney does this. Don’t know what happened here.

Not every ride. I know at Rama we only rode Prime's last car at close to check for lose belongings before RACing. Both Prime and Tspin just did a full cycle before opening.

GlacierGlacier

Not every ride. I know at Rama we only rode Prime's last car at close to check for lose belongings before RACing. Both Prime and Tspin just did a full cycle before opening.
As much as I'd like to imagine every ride at Disney is kept to the same standard, something tells me Chester & Hester's is not quite the same operational darling as Pirates.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So, today as I was riding Spaceship Earth, it became apparent that almost every AA figure was dead ... all the way down to minor ones like Steve Jobs.
I always assumed that was Woz.
This article seems to concur.

WondersOfLife

Well I mean... those aren’t quite the same things as say, pirates splash or dinosaur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom