In your opinion, which resort.....

zoenaveau

Original Poster
Which resort do you think offers you 'the most bang for your buck'.
Which do you think gives you the best overall experience for price you pay per night?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
With the amount of time I actually spend at a resort I think the Pop Century gives me the best deal. We really only use it to sleep, or come back in the afternoon to take a nap and swim (and we don't need a fancy pool). If I was planning to spend longer at a resort I might go with Coronado for a moderate because they have a cool pool area, a nice lounge, and some variety in restaurants. If I was spending a lot of time at a resort and wanted a excellent pool I would go with the Beach Club. That pool area is awesome, there is a close distance to Epcot and the Studios, and they have Beaches and Cream.

HollyAD

It all depends on what you like. I agree with the above post about Pop. It is an excellent value resort. The theme is really cute and it is a little newer than the other Values except AoA. I have always been a fan of Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge. You can pick these up for during the 30% off or rent someone's DVC points. We have rented the DVC points in the past and the two lodges were perfect. They are BEAUTIFULLY themed. AKL has the most free activities to do at the resort and great restaurants and a lounge. This past April I tried out the WDW Swan. It is not "technically" a WDW own property but you still have many of the same amenities as a WDW deluxe resort. There is boat service to Hollywood Studios and Epcot and you can walk to the Boardwalk. It is also much cheaper than WDW deluxe resorts even with an additional parking fee.

Glasgow

Fort wilderness :) you need to bring your own accommodations but the price is right! (Yes, you can stay in the cabins but those aren't cheap)

IndianaJones

For me personally, I'm not a huge fan of the values. I'm a pass holder so I when I do stay over there I don't stay during the crazy times so I can usually get one of the moderates at a fair price. My wife and I are really big fans of Riverside. We do tend to spend some time at the resorts when we stay there.

I personally love Riverside's Old Man Island area. Great pool. And I think it's the one of the nicer looking ones to just walk around and enjoy the ambiance. Never had any issues at their food court either.

My folks have recently started staying at French Quarter and they love it. I have not yet stayed there and would like too.

FitzherbertFreak

I'm going to say any of the moderates. Off season you can find them at very good prices, and they offer a lot more than you think. I would rather stay at a moderate than a few of the Deluxe resorts any day. Port Orleans has the boat to Downtown Disney, good food courts, updated rooms, and to me, nice atmosphere. Coronado I also love because of the atmosphere, updated rooms, and pool. Caribbean Beach is my least favorite moderate, but since they're updating the rooms right now, and I always see that as the cheapest moderate resort, Caribbean Beach isn't a bad option either.

surfsupdon

Even though I stay at Deluxe Resorts, they are overpriced.

Value Resorts, tho nice, are overpriced. I mean you don't even get lake recreation, bikes, waterslides, and covered bus stops.

I think Moderate Resorts offer a solid price with great theming, recreation, pools, etc.

The Incredible Schmulk

In an all around way, I'd probably say Riverside. There's a good food court, a very underrated sit-down restaurant, alternate transportation to Downtown Disney and thus other resorts, newly-renovated rooms and special themed rooms, a pretty nice feature pool and easy walking access to French Quarter which also has a feature pool and food court you can use. Both resorts have indoor and outdoor lounges, and Riverside has some pretty popular nighttime entertainment in theirs in the form of YeeHa Bob. It has a pretty central location within the property lines, so none of the bus rides are very long, even Animal Kingdom. Speaking of the bus service, it's fairly reliable, and maybe only surpassed by French Quarter in regard to frequency and efficiency.

Sure, it's not as cost-effective as Pop, nor is it as desirable as an Epcot area deluxe, but it's a very good medium. For that, I'd call it my pick for best value.

Last edited:

smk

I like whatever resort fits my budget at the time. Mostly values lately, Sports is my favorite value mostly because we have so many good fun memories from staying there. To me it is really about what we can afford. We have stayed pretty much everywhere but moderates but I would stay at one if it fit my budget, just don't see that happening too soon.

SAV

After upgrading to a Moderate this last trip, I will have to give CSR another vote. It wasn't much more $$ than a Value, but it was just SO much more resort than a value. The Dig Site pool is amazing. The rooms have the queen size beds and are very nicely decorated. The grounds are beautiful.

So "bang for the buck" is definitely something that CSR has over the values.

HouCuseChickie

I think it depends on how much you use your room and resort amenities. While we usually stay at deluxe resorts, I'm inclined to say the mods are the best bang for your buck. The deluxe spots are heavily overpriced, so even though we pay it (always with a discount), it's still overpriced. On the flipside, we avoid the values because of the tiny rooms and smaller beds. So, I think the mods are the happy medium here.

zurgandfriend

Foe me it's the Wilderness Lodge, a deluxe resort off the beaten path. It has a nice pool and lounge and a fun restaurant in Whispering Canyon, I don't care for Artist Point. Ft wilderness and Trail's End and the monorail resorts and their restaurants are a boat ride away.

dreamfinder

For sheer I'm looking for a place to crash after doing open til close, and not having to worry about driving at all, any of the values. Otherwise AKL offers an ambiance I haven't found anywhere else in the US.

bethymouse

Most "bang" for your buck- well we really enjoyed Saratoga Springs. The Turf Club restaurant is delicious, spacious rooms, great pools, and beautiful grounds, not to mention access to DTD.:D

Buzz2001

I think Coronado offers great bang for the buck.

Besides having a great main pool area, CSR offers a few deluxe amenities at a mod price. They are home to the largest hot tub and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide, arcade and playground area are all located at the main pool.

CSR also offers business class level rooms with access to the Coconino lounge. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

They offer the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Demeter Tess

If we're renting DVC points, I'd say AK Lodge. The place is unbelievably immersive, the rooms are well-appointed, lots to do on-property, ZEBRA DOMES, and you can frequently rent points for around the same price you'd pay at a moderate. Also worth mentioning is renting at Old Key West. Again, great pricing, HUGE rooms, conveniently located on the Sassagoula River (I love traveling to DTD on the boat), and a beachy, laid-back atmosphere. We love the pool-front bar at sunset.

If we're booking a room through Disney, I'd say the Port Orleans resorts. We prefer Riverside, but I know many who love French Quarter. Good price point (particularly if you can snag a sale rate), good food courts (when we're NOT staying at Riverside we intentionally visit to get beignets!), located on the Sassagoula, and a relaxed, charming atmosphere. We love walking the trail between Riverside and French Quarter in the early morning.

EDIT: We've yet to do Coronado Springs, but from what I've heard and seen, it's a great contender for "most bang for your buck." We've been trying to stay here for a while, but it always seems to be sold out!

DougK

Try Sheraton Vistana Village. You can get a spacious 2 bedroom with a full kitchen for less than $150 per night most of the time. Now THAT is bang for your buck! If you MUST stay at a Disney resort you will NOT get bang for your buck, you will get proximity to the parks.

squidward

Wilderness Lodge.

Everything is close together, under one roof, yet the pool area outside is beautiful and relaxing. Excellent restaurants, room service. Location is great being so close to Fort Wilderness, and just a quick boat ride to Magic Kingdom and Contemporary.

I would actually consider the Values more bang for your buck than the Moderates. With the exception of French Quarter, the other 3 are huge and a pain to get around without a car. And while each has their own bus, you have a longer commute time to the parks as they all have multiple bus stops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom