In what ways will COVID-19 change how you vacation at Disney?

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Who's your favorite Scrooge universe character?
Besides Scrooge himself, I'd probably have to say either Magica or Glomgold. Although I really love Goldie but Barks only used her once and he only used Glomgold 3 times I think. My favorite Glomgold story is The Second Richest Duck. I'd say Back to the Klondike or Tra La La are probably my two favorite Barks stories but choosing the best Barks story would be like trying to decide whether Jennifer Aniston or Grace Kelly is more beautiful than the other. LOL! My favorite Rosa story is The Incredible Shrinking Tightwad and probably my favorite character that Rosa used besides the main characters is Angus McDuck. I loved how he acted like the consummate tough guy but was really kinda bumbling. I have a sketch of him from Don. I also have a sketch of Scrooge from his Christmas On Bear Mountain cloak, a sketch of Fergus and Downy, young Scrooge, Glomgold, Gyro, Scrooge in his MS River sailing outfit, and Blackheart Beagle. Of all Don's prints from his convention booth I have them all but maaaaaaaybe 10 or 15 but it's mostly because the ones I've yet to collect are featuring Donald. I'm way more of a Scrooge fan. The stupid virus shut down the conventions this year and I had was getting Don this Only A Poor Old Man shirt that I have but I won't get to see him again until next year hopefully. IF you're a legit "Duck fan" he'll be super awesome to you. He has given me TONS of free prints over the years. If you're NOT a legit Duck fan and only know about Ducktales I've seen him be seriously cantankerous to people and even little kids.

91JLovesDisney

Besides Scrooge himself, I'd probably have to say either Magica or Glomgold. Although I really love Goldie but Barks only used her once and he only used Glomgold 3 times I think. My favorite Glomgold story is The Second Richest Duck. I'd say Back to the Klondike or Tra La La are probably my two favorite Barks stories but choosing the best Barks story would be like trying to decide whether Jennifer Aniston or Grace Kelly is more beautiful than the other. LOL! My favorite Rosa story is The Incredible Shrinking Tightwad and probably my favorite character that Rosa used besides the main characters is Angus McDuck. I loved how he acted like the consummate tough guy but was really kinda bumbling. I have a sketch of him from Don. I also have a sketch of Scrooge from his Christmas On Bear Mountain cloak, a sketch of Fergus and Downy, young Scrooge, Glomgold, Gyro, Scrooge in his MS River sailing outfit, and Blackheart Beagle. Of all Don's prints from his convention booth I have them all but maaaaaaaybe 10 or 15 but it's mostly because the ones I've yet to collect are featuring Donald. I'm way more of a Scrooge fan. The stupid virus shut down the conventions this year and I had was getting Don this Only A Poor Old Man shirt that I have but I won't get to see him again until next year hopefully. IF you're a legit "Duck fan" he'll be super awesome to you. He has given me TONS of free prints over the years. If you're NOT a legit Duck fan and only know about Ducktales I've seen him be seriously cantankerous to people and even little kids.
Wow! XD this was quite the response! Interesting choice! I liked Glom until I watched the new Ducktales, but I think my favorite character is just Scrooge, mainly in his Klondike era getup.

MissViv

I have a 3 night trip planned for Oct. but I am considering cancelling it. With 15,000 positive cases in FL yesterday (highest # ever in 1 day) it really does not make any sense to go to FL at this time. I will keep watching the #'s but not looking good!

JohnD

By being limited to one park per day with park reservations and no FP, I would think it would be an enjoyable experience. (I won't say "more" because of masks, social distancing, and other preventive measures). But with fewer people in the parks and the ability to go to whatever attraction you want with a wait of no more than 30 minutes, it should be relatively less hectic.

RCID

I’m in the crowd of “it will significantly change”...we were originally tossing around the idea of summer ‘21 for the anniversary...and we have already tabled that until 2023 at the earliest. Honestly at this point, crowds just don’t seem like a good time to me anymore. Maybe sometime in the distant future I will be ok with it like I was before, or maybe not too. Sitting by the Private pool at a vacation rental all day sounds much more appealing now. Or a mountain cabin.

Parker in NYC

I’m in the crowd of “it will significantly change”...we were originally tossing around the idea of summer ‘21 for the anniversary...and we have already tabled that until 2023 at the earliest. Honestly at this point, crowds just don’t seem like a good time to me anymore. Maybe sometime in the distant future I will be ok with it like I was before, or maybe not too. Sitting by the Private pool at a vacation rental all day sounds much more appealing now. Or a mountain cabin.

I'm reminded of a response to one of my post's a few months ago when I had the gall to suggest there were more appealing vacation spots than WDW (either now or whenever). It was something like: "How SAD! to deny yourself an amazing Disney trip, out of fear."

skimbob

I am still scheduled for September but with all the changes not to mention flying from Northern California I am still on the fence. I was sick last September so I never made the trip then. I am coming to race in January so I am hoping things will have improved by then.

Paper straw fan

What really sucks about this part of the ramifications is, how many other things like this, many of which I love, will this have an effect on? For a while, especially with there not seeming to be any real changes in action until next February at the earliest, this is going to mean very little/no amusement parks, sporting events, concerts, any real large gatherings for a while. With everything planned for WDW in the next couple years, as well as a third park at Universal, likely all getting delayed... it’s just a real bummer. Not to mention travel, which might change in the coming years but right now is limited to a few Caribbean islands, and maybe Somalia. It’s the sorts of things I have to try not to think about right now or I’ll just get even more angry.

91JLovesDisney

I know that currently less people are able to get to the parks because of the passholder reservation system, but here's one pro about this situation: check the magic kingdom wait times on the Disney World app!

Walt Disney1955

If things got back to normal tomorrow then we would be there. No fear in this family over this. But here is the problem, the Canada/US border is closed right now. We couldn't go to Buffalo right now if we wanted to let alone Florida. I am not sure if we could fly there as a loophole, but if the border isn't opened then there will be other restrictions.

We were hoping to go in 2020. But we'll go again when the park is back to normal. No chance of us going with the mask restrictions. None. That has to be completely gone before we plan a trip. You can't enjoy yourself fully that way. Disney has to go back to being the Disney we are used to before I go back. Once that happens, and I am hoping the Governor of Florida speeds this up, then we'll be there. Too much money to spend otherwise.

Stellajack

Premium Member
We cancelled our April 2021 trip to the World since we are just not sure of the plans in place there. After pondering a third Adventures by Disney-Viva Italia, we decided against it as well. Instead we are going to do 9 days in Rome on our own in late summer 2021 (IF the ban on Americans is lifted). Disney planning is very difficult now in having to choose a park so far out. So many things factor into which park we visit on which day. There is still no guarantee that park hopping will be back in place next year. We will try a 'wait and see' for 2022.

Stellajack

Premium Member
I am still scheduled for September but with all the changes not to mention flying from Northern California I am still on the fence. I was sick last September so I never made the trip then. I am coming to race in January so I am hoping things will have improved by then.
Do you still hold out for the marathon in January? One reason we cancelled our April trip is because the Dark Side was not certain. How will they handle those thousands of runners with so little space? We couldn't get a clear answer as to whether the 2021 January and April races were still on.

skimbob

Do you still hold out for the marathon in January? One reason we cancelled our April trip is because the Dark Side was not certain. How will they handle those thousands of runners with so little space? We couldn't get a clear answer as to whether the 2021 January and April races were still on.
I am registered already for the 10K. Hopefully things will be better by then. I ended up cancelling my September trip this morning. I am hoping come January things will be better. Only time will tell.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If things got back to normal tomorrow then we would be there. No fear in this family over this. But here is the problem, the Canada/US border is closed right now. We couldn't go to Buffalo right now if we wanted to let alone Florida. I am not sure if we could fly there as a loophole, but if the border isn't opened then there will be other restrictions.

We were hoping to go in 2020. But we'll go again when the park is back to normal. No chance of us going with the mask restrictions. None. That has to be completely gone before we plan a trip. You can't enjoy yourself fully that way. Disney has to go back to being the Disney we are used to before I go back. Once that happens, and I am hoping the Governor of Florida speeds this up, then we'll be there. Too much money to spend otherwise.
I think you need to pick a better knight for the joust, Lancelot

disneygeek90

I wouldn't be surprised if RunDisney races are postponed the next year plus. It doesn't seem worth the trouble at all.

Walt Disney1955

I think you need to pick a better knight for the joust, Lancelot

Well they can't sacrifice the economy and everyone's way of life forever. That'll cause more problems on a permanent level than you can shake a stick at. We should all be cheering for the opening of Disney, and the hopes that it gets back to normal. Paranoia is one way we can ensure it NEVER is back to the Disney we once knew. With the revelation that the testing in Florida was off by..........what, 90%, or something. We should all be skeptical of the numbers and get back to our lives again.

Lilofan

Well they can't sacrifice the economy and everyone's way of life forever. That'll cause more problems on a permanent level than you can shake a stick at. We should all be cheering for the opening of Disney, and the hopes that it gets back to normal. Paranoia is one way we can ensure it NEVER is back to the Disney we once knew. With the revelation that the testing in Florida was off by..........what, 90%, or something. We should all be skeptical of the numbers and get back to our lives again.
If you are interested in Disney state of the company and hopefully it's "recovery" plan then you should listen to the public TWDC quarterly earnings report with Iger and Wall Street on August 4th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom