In what ways will COVID-19 change how you vacation at Disney?

M:SpilotISTC12

Silly me. I was looking here:

I hope they update information across the website. It’s confusing to have conflicting info out there.
That was the first place I looked so you aren't alone there! Hopefully this is just temporary. If this is permanent, this is going to rally bigger cries than the annual price increases.

aliceismad

Well, I was hoping to take a short 4-5 nighter to either WDW or DLR in October for Halloween time, but we've definitely pushed that to next year at the earliest. We also had a cruise canceled and are not traveling to a family reunion this year.

The cutbacks/precautions at Disney don't really bother me, but as someone with a weakened immune system, it just won't seem safe for quite a while. My husband has already had to travel for work twice during the quarantine (he was overseas when it hit), and that is enough risk for me. We'll stay in our bubble and wear our masks and work from home as much as possible.

If I were in driving distance and felt ok with it, I would probably limit my dining to outdoors as much as possible. One benefit I could see to the current situation is that the lack of FP may allow for more spontaneity and less structured planning. Of course there is also less flexibility with the lack of Park Hoppers and the need to have a dining reservation to access resorts. I hope those who are able to go stay safe and have a wonderful time.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I guess I will continue to stockpile my DVC points until masks are gone. The masks are a deal breaker for me and I've actually GOT the stupid virus right now. I'm curious if they do find out you can't get it twice if they will still insist on people wearing masks that can't have it or spread it anymore. I've talked to multiple healthcare people during this and none of them can say for sure that you can or can not get it more than once.

91JLovesDisney

I don't have anything to say about that, except I love: "Read Carl Barks. Read Don Rosa. Rinse. Repeat"
We need to start printin' t-shirts that say that.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I don't have anything to say about that, except I love: "Read Carl Barks. Read Don Rosa. Rinse. Repeat"
We need to start printin' t-shirts that say that.
Absolutely! Right now I'm wearing an actual Carl Barks Uncle Scrooge shirt. I have literally 2 entire walls covered with Don Rosa art and have spent hours and hours with him at conventions over the years because in America most people don't even have a clue who he is but I only consider him and Barks as true Uncle Scrooge canon.

drod1985

The unfortunate reality is that we won't be going to WDW till covid is either under control or a vaccine is developed. My kids will be too young to deal with masks or following proper safety protocols, so we just won't be able to go.

Which is a major bummer. My son just passed a new level of ride height restrictions, so he's missing out on some rides he's been waiting to go on. Extremely glad we had a trip this past February.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

For us? GETTING to Disney. Which has little to do with WDW.
1) What is MCO doing?
2) What is the State of FL doing?
3) What are individual Counties doing?

....and it all changes hourly :(.

We have a booked vacation, for APR 2021. Got two new Gold Passes, Got DVC Room Reservation. But actually GETTING there, from MI, has become the hurdle. I'm still giving out APR 2021 Vacation a 50% chance of success. By now? We normally would have purchased Delta Airfare. Afraid to do so :(.

91JLovesDisney

Absolutely! Right now I'm wearing an actual Carl Barks Uncle Scrooge shirt. I have literally 2 entire walls covered with Don Rosa art and have spent hours and hours with him at conventions over the years because in America most people don't even have a clue who he is but I only consider him and Barks as true Uncle Scrooge canon.
My brother...

Graham9

As we currently cannot fly into the United States, you could say that Covid has completely and utterly destroyed our vacation. Even when they lift that, there's this issue of having to pre-book entry into the parks, which means even though we may have paid for tickets, there is a base chance we wouldn't get in - and if you did, you can't park hop to another park. That's before we even consider about having to wear masks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom