In what ways will COVID-19 change how you vacation at Disney?

UpAllNight

When it’s sorted, I’ll be going on more trips in general, including to Disney. The virus and lockdown have provided plenty of time to assess what’s important for me to be spending my money on, and it’s trips trips trips

jaklgreen

Meanwhile my family (including my mom a retired RN and my dad a farmer) does not worry about things like that.
A little dirt don't hurt and in fact can help your immunity towards illness.
Are we having Covid parties? HECK NO. But we also are not wiping things down and leaving groceries outside for days etc.
We never use hand sanitizer either. We actually had to go buy some from a distillery when this all started and we have only used it a few times each. Now we had a giant jug just sitting there lol.

I get what you are saying and I don't use sanitizer, I just wash my hands often. But there is a big difference between a little dirt and the amount of germs that can kick you butt out there. I do not feel comfortable touching railings, the rides, the transportation, etc all day and then just picking up my food and licking my fingers. There is a line.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I get what you are saying and I don't use sanitizer, I just wash my hands often. But there is a big difference between a little dirt and the amount of germs that can kick you butt out there. I do not feel comfortable touching railings, the rides, the transportation, etc all day and then just picking up my food and licking my fingers. There is a line.
We cross that line lol. Not intentionally but we just aren't thinking about it much. My friend tries to avoid touching things and she is the one that always gets sick.
We live on the edge at the farm too lol.
If you want a tomato or some green beans you go get them and eat them. We don't feel the need to wash them.

Last edited:

Mickey Pride

My fiance and I are looking at a possible return to WDW in December of 2021. We are hoping for things to be different by then, but who really knows what a year and a half could bring us. Regardless even this far in advance we have discussed driving instead of flying. I work as a CNA so even before this whole virus thing started I used a lot of hand sanitizer so that is something that will never change for me. My fiance woks as an EMT so she also uses it as well. As for while at the resorts we would probably avoid hot tubs and pools as well. Other than that we would just go by the guidelines that Disney has provided.

Paper straw fan

I think I’ve been trying to practice social distancing in certain ways for years now, but occasionally have to dial it back just to not appear to overdo it in public. But going forward- I think at parks and frankly, in any social situation, I’m no longer just going to ‘deal with it’ when someone is coughing/sneezing/clearly sick around me. I’ve never wanted to be rude, but in a work situation, I’ll simply tell people ‘I’m sorry, but let’s just do this over the computer” versus someone coming to my work space.

And at parks, I’ve seen people clearly sick, say to a member of their party ‘yeah I’ve got the flu, but I’m at Disney so...” honestly, as close as I’d get to those people, I’d likely say something aloud about the selfishness involved there. if I’m in an enclosed area with people who are clearly displaying signs of illness, possibly not covering their mouths or just coughing and sneezing, I’m likely now to just leave the line and tell a CM why, and ask for a return pass or to be send to another queue.

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Meanwhile my family (including my mom a retired RN and my dad a farmer) does not worry about things like that.
A little dirt don't hurt and in fact can help your immunity towards illness.
Are we having Covid parties? HECK NO. But we also are not wiping things down and leaving groceries outside for days etc.
We never use hand sanitizer either. We actually had to go buy some from a distillery when this all started and we have only used it a few times each. Now we had a giant jug just sitting there lol.
My mom and I are both healthcare workers (she’s an ER RN and I’m an OT)—we may be a little more lax while we are at home but we both are diabetics and have both seen what disgusting things come out of everyday places (I’ve seen enough “flesh eating” bacteria cases caused by a common staph infections). Like you, we have no problem plucking a cherry tomato from off one of our vines or a strawberry and plopping it in our mouth because it’s from our garden and Joe T. Public hasn’t been in there with his snotty nose-wipes hands all over it 🤢We would just rather not be sick on or after our vacations.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
My mom and I are both healthcare workers (she’s an ER RN and I’m an OT)—we may be a little more lax while we are at home but we both are diabetics and have both seen what disgusting things come out of everyday places (I’ve seen enough “flesh eating” bacteria cases caused by a common staph infections). Like you, we have no problem plucking a cherry tomato from off one of our vines or a strawberry and plopping it in our mouth because it’s from our garden and Joe T. Public hasn’t been in there with his snotty nose-wipes hands all over it 🤢We would just rather not be sick on or after our vacations.
It's not people touching them that you should be worried about.

Heppenheimer

I've canceled my next trip. Too risky with a two year old, and I would need to self-quarantine for 14 days before returning to work afterwards. Not going to happen.

RoadiJeff

For me, it means I will not visit Disney until things return to somewhat normal, whether that means next year or 5 years from now. It has nothing to do with having to wear a mask but more about other people who couldn't care less if they spread something to others by their actions.

TraderSam

We're just holding off until things settle down, whatever that might look like. For us, everything right now is too fresh and different to try to go to WDW, where we used to get away from it all. It'll be hard to do that when the things we're trying to get away from are staring us in the face (signage, masks, etc.). We'll either go once the dust settles and the world returns to normal, or we'll go once we've adjusted to the world and won't give masks a second thought.

Shouldigo12

I think I’ve been trying to practice social distancing in certain ways for years now, but occasionally have to dial it back just to not appear to overdo it in public. But going forward- I think at parks and frankly, in any social situation, I’m no longer just going to ‘deal with it’ when someone is coughing/sneezing/clearly sick around me. I’ve never wanted to be rude, but in a work situation, I’ll simply tell people ‘I’m sorry, but let’s just do this over the computer” versus someone coming to my work space.

And at parks, I’ve seen people clearly sick, say to a member of their party ‘yeah I’ve got the flu, but I’m at Disney so...” honestly, as close as I’d get to those people, I’d likely say something aloud about the selfishness involved there. if I’m in an enclosed area with people who are clearly displaying signs of illness, possibly not covering their mouths or just coughing and sneezing, I’m likely now to just leave the line and tell a CM why, and ask for a return pass or to be send to another queue.
Americans take a weird sort of pride in going out and doing things while ill. I'll never understand how we got to the point where making ourselves miserable and infecting others to boot is praiseworthy.

Disneydreamer23

We had a 7 Day cruise with 4 days at Universal Studios and 2 at Disney World 3 at Sea World Planned for November of this year, we decided to cancel the cruise and Disney and Just do Universal and Sea World for this year. I think Disney wont be the same and I am one who likes to do all the fun stuff that they are not doing at this moment, I would have canceled all together, but we are moving to Fl n May and I wanted to do some house hunting while I was there!

crawale

We haven’t driven, but are considering it for our December trip. Especially if we can’t get tickets. We’ll need to be able to visit other places.
I can't imagine how difficult the airports will be and a trip that flies in 1 1/2 hours will probably now take at least 7 - time to go through all the checks, no Magical Express luggage pick up so have to get your own. Less passengers on the bus. Airline check in and luggage check was a HUGE reason to fly.

M:SpilotISTC12

I can't imagine how difficult the airports will be and a trip that flies in 1 1/2 hours will probably now take at least 7 - time to go through all the checks, no Magical Express luggage pick up so have to get your own. Less passengers on the bus. Airline check in and luggage check was a HUGE reason to fly.
Losing the luggage pick up is huge. Hopefully its just temporary.

Phil12

I'm looking forward to the low crowds. And I don't need a mask:

1594321137468.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom