Trip Report In the blink of an eye

So this trip as some of you already know happened and ended in the blink of an eye. I'm a planner, I love planning our vacations but when we decided to go with such short notice it was so exciting and unbelievable it almost made it one of the best trips. Everything was spontaneous with instant decisions. No time to plan where to eat or what to do other than the parks that were picked. I don't normally talk money but it cost us $1,500 for 3 nights at a value, 2 parks without the hopper for 3 people. That included the $180 roundtrip airfare for all 3. We had some rewards points to use for our food and only ended up going a little over so there was very little out of pocket for meals. To me this was worth it and not too expensive

We decided to go on September 14th , booked on September 15th, and our arrival day was September 25th! Along with me will be my husband Joe and my oldest Emily.

September 25th.

We actually had a later flight and were able to go at a slower pace than we are used to. First we had to drop our off baby girl Gilah.

IMG_5242.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

We arrived at Metro airport and it was pretty quiet and calm. Although when I went through the scanner apparently they thought I had something in the groin area. I had to be frisked and was offered a private room. I declined. The female TSA agent kept making it sound like it was going to be very uncomfortable and kept repeating herself, I’m sure to make sure I understood but it was fine. They realized I wasn’t a threat to the nation and let me go.

We had lunch at the Jolly Pumpkin. Joe got the carnivore pizza while Emily and I split the fried chicken sandwich. It was very good. I missed the photo opportunity to show you so you'll have to take my word.

IMG_5244.JPG

IMG_5245.JPG

Little bags for little people, who am I kidding there was no room for souvenirs, should’ve listened to @Darstarr. We did contemplate paying for a checked or carry-on bag and putting all our stuff into one suitcase but decided not too. It was a challenge to get clothes and toiletries into that small bag, plus an extra pair of shoes!

IMG_5249.JPG

47587647-975B-46AD-A50F-0EA1DD5AEA79.jpeg

IMG_5246.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG

IMG_5253.JPG

Flight was smooth and there was no excitement on the airplane like you're always hearing about on the news. We walked right to ME since we didn't have to mess with any baggage and was actually surprised, not sure why, when I saw the long line for ME

IMG_5256.JPG

Last edited:

MickeyCB

Can you believe I only traded one pin? It was too hot for me to wear my lanyard so I just carried two in my pocket but only saw one that was a keeper.
Bummer! Gary is getting his stash ready!
The big reveal….not good.

American Platter - me
IMG_5280.JPG
I am genuinely not picky about food, I'm happy someone cooked it, and I'll eat it.
That cardboard box crap is not even reasonable. (And I'm sure not cheap either)!
I stopped by the gift shop, how cute is this!!?

IMG_5278.JPG
And I would beat someone up to take this shirt off of them!! It's sooo cute!

Songbird76

She is a Great Dane. We rescued her 2 years ago when she was 4. She really is a big baby. Just don't step in our yard if your a stranger. ;)
Oh wow...I didn't know Great Dane's could be that color....I thought they were more of a golden brown color. She looks well-loved!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've been following along with your live report too. While we were there low to no waits on most everything. I'm wondering how it will be today and this weekend?

Hello!! I do have to say it was nice not going to baggage or pulling a carry-on.

There isn't anything better!

Waiting to hear about your trip. I thought on you Monday and where you might be.

Hellloooo!

Can you believe I only traded one pin? It was too hot for me to wear my lanyard so I just carried two in my pocket but only saw one that was a keeper.

I've been waiting for you. Thanks

If your husband and boys are like mine I'm sure they say that to themselves all the time, just not to you. Or, maybe I'm the one that says that to them? :happy:

Always great to see you! You will be mentioned later on.........

Monday, I was home and at work unfortunately. We were just there from Friday to Sunday.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Following along.
Welcome!

Following too!
Helllooo!

Oh wow...I didn't know Great Dane's could be that color....I thought they were more of a golden brown color. She looks well-loved!!
Her color is called Blue. More of a silvery-dark gray. She is very spoiled. :)

Monday, I was home and at work unfortunately. We were just there from Friday to Sunday.
This makes me feel a little less guilty for forgetting everyone that was there during the same time. It's crazy, you have all these plans and ideas then poof. Everything was all just in the moment when we arrived.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After entering we walked to the left of Spaceship earth and there was a large group of people being held in the sun huddled together which I'm assuming were non-resort guests until 11am.

IMG_5287.JPG

IMG_5288.JPG

IMG_5289.JPG

Once we walked past spaceship earth and made a couple of turns around all the walls we were stopped. There were two lines…..what to do? One was for Space 220 and the other was for attractions. We had talked about trying for space 220 but decided against it and stood in line for attractions. It was 10:24. 6 minutes to go!! As were standing there I couldn’t believe what I saw. Joe’s beard was sparkling. I’m not kidding I made him pose so I could take a pic. I’m very disappointed that it doesn’t show up in the picture. When I mentioned it was pixie dust he drew the line and didn’t let me admire him anymore.

IMG_5290.JPG

We went to Test Track first since we came out right near the entrance, our wait was around 10 minutes. This was actually the first time I built a car. It did horribly. I'm definitely not an engineer.

IMG_5291.JPG

IMG_5292.JPG

We decided to head through the maze of walls to get to Soarin. Again, very little wait and we were on and you can’t do soarin without a follow up of Living with the land.

IMG_5297.JPG

IMG_5299.JPG

IMG_5302.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
A few more from the Land

IMG_5304.JPG

IMG_5305.JPG

IMG_5306.JPG

By now all the rift raft has entered the gates. Maybe it would be nicer just to say it's now 11:00am. :happy:

We decide its time to see if Food & wine is worth the hype. Surprisingly, but not really since none of us like to make decisions, we pass many booths not sure where we want to start. We stop, not in the middle of the walkway but over by Rose and Crown, Emily and Joe are trying to come up with a plan and I'm thinking of you @riverside. Decisions have finally been made. We, well not me, but Joe and Emily want to try the escargot croissant in France. Um no thanks. I leave them and keep walking until I find what I want. The Grand Mariner. I just have to agree with everyone, this is sooo good. I will be trying to make these at home. Don't you have a recipe @Darstarr ?

IMG_5309.JPG

While waiting for Emily and Joe I see my other daughter’s favorite princess and have to send her a picture.

IMG_5307.JPG

I find Joe and Emily and they have reported that the Croissant aux escargots is tasty but forgettable but were nice enough to take a picture before they ate it.

IMG_5312.JPG

As we start to pass Morocco Joe wants to try the Stone-baked Moroccan Bread with 3 dipping sauces. While he orders Emily and I tour Morocco.

IMG_5310.JPG

As we make the full circuit around Morocco Joe is walking out. To me it just looks like Pita bread with hummus but it was very good, only $5.00 and the green sauce was delicious. We all agree this was a good purchase.

IMG_5311.JPG

It's my turn. I need something more to soak up my Grand Mariner. As we leave Morocco and enter Japan I see it. The Teriyaki Chicken Bun. Who wouldn't love anything in a Bao bun. Keep scrolling @amjt660 , you've seen this half eaten food picture.

IMG_5314.JPG

Either I was very hungry or this was just really good. I think it was very good.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
America! Stopped by so the fish eaters could get a New England Lobster Roll from Hops and Barley. They both gave it two thumbs up.

IMG_5321.JPG

IMG_5320.JPG

You'll have to forgive the lack of lobster roll in this photo. Emily seemed to have a serious issue with this bird. :hilarious: It just kept pacing back and forth in front of us while we were sitting. I was trying to keep it away from Emily so she could eat. It didn't help that Joe dropped a piece of lobster on the ground in front of Emily. I've never seen Emily eat so fast.

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5317.JPG

IMG_5318.JPG

IMG_5316.JPG

Then he brought a friend, Emily couldn't take it anymore and we had to continue around the world.

IMG_5315.JPG

IMG_5322.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Bellies content we strolled for a while. We bypassed Italy, Germany, the outpost and China. I had my sights set on Frozen. I got in line while they scoped out a few of the booths up ahead. Wait was only 35 and was true to the posted time. A large portion of that was outside. It was hot but not unbearable. The line started here

IMG_5323.JPG

IMG_5324.JPG

IMG_5325.JPG

I don’t remember getting wet on this before but each of us got a bit wet. Some with wonderfully hilariously placed wet spots.

IMG_5326.JPG

The sisters were out and about.

IMG_5327.JPG

Emily had done her own research and wanted to try the coveted avocado margarita. We did wait about about 15 minutes to order. She did like it but I’m guessing with so much hype she was just expecting it to be a little better since she didn't say much about it. She let us have a little taste.

IMG_5328.JPG

IMG_5329.JPG

IMG_5332.JPG

Joe stopped us at the Swanky Saucy Swine. He ordered the Roasted Porchetta and the Bourbon Bloody Mary. He loved the bloody Mary once he wiped off half of the goo on the rim. The pork was pretty good and the Lemon-Parsley Salsa Verde that accompanied it was delicious.

IMG_5330.JPG

I was entertained by the local ducks while joe enjoyed his treats.
IMG_5331.JPG

amjt660

Premium Member
This was actually the first time I built a car. It did horribly. I'm definitely not an engineer.
I am a mechanical engineer but I have too much fun adding extra stuff to build a good car at TT

( does my car need a periscope? Hell no but I am adding it anyway!!)

By now all the rift raft has entered the gates. Maybe it would be nicer just to say it's now 11:00am. :happy:

Be Nice Season 9 GIF by The Office

Keep scrolling @amjt660 , you've seen this half eaten food picture.
Blues Brothers GIF

Scrolling scrolling scrolling
keep this TR going
Rawhide!!!

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom