In the Age of Rethemes How Safe is Rock N Rollercoaster

Robbiem

Does anyone know when the Aerosmith contract runs out?

i can definitely see this happening medium term perhaps maybe more so now if Disney can fix on the right IP. A retheme would essentially give Disney anew eticket to market for minimal cost.

maybe Disney will See what changing splash does to park attendnace & spending and then pull a similar move at RRC a few years down the line

Miru

The idea of a Powerline or Electric Mayhem re-theme sounds good, but regardless, they gotta put more effort in than they did with Incredicoaster. Due to being enclosed, I’m convinced that they can.

Cmdr_Crimson

I've noticed lately that the merchandise for RnRC doesn't mention Aerosmith on them like they used to for example...
Older shirt..
d5662633e59c9bc76d68deed21c01e00.jpg

Newer shirt...
cc8b468df5c8b658b769c21e1d142df8.jpg

You be the judge...
tenor.gif

Marc Davis Fan

I've noticed lately that the merchandise for RnRC doesn't mention Aerosmith on them like they used to for example...
Older shirt..
d5662633e59c9bc76d68deed21c01e00.jpg

Newer shirt...
cc8b468df5c8b658b769c21e1d142df8.jpg

You be the judge...
tenor.gif

I think the merchandise evolution might just be a function of Aerosmith's lower popularity / lesser relevance with younger audiences.

That being said, Aerosmith's lower popularity / lesser relevance with younger audiences would also be one of the factors that eventually motivates a re-theme (besides the whole IP thing...).

Rock n' Roller Coaster is one of the few (perhaps only) e-tickets that I wouldn't mind seeing re-themed - simply because its current theming is so weak. An obvious roller coaster train pretending to be a limo, on a track pretending to be a street, 2-D neon cartoon flats of random things in Los Angeles ... does not an immersive experience make.*

*Immersion does not necessarily require realism, but the lack of realism works best when in service of an aspirational theme, e.g., Space Mountain being an abstract expression about the excitement of space travel. A car in Los Angeles traffic... not so much.

NelleBelle

I’ll give you the theming is a little week, especially with the 2-d effects, but as someone who has a 14 and 16yo—they definitely know and appreciate Aerosmith, especially their early stuff. Guess it depends on what “younger” audiences are exposed to🤷‍♀️

Trackmaster

To be honest, it would be a little disappointing to get a re-theme if they kept that awful Vekoma track with those headbanging trains. Vekoma's doing some great work now, so they could even just use Vekoma to gut the track and put a better one in. And get some trains with comfortable lapbars. These days, Vekoma does lapbars on most of their coasters with inversions, and when the park insists on OTSRs, they actually have more comfortable ones at least.

But RRCs design is so flawed and old. A more modern one would have airtime, hangtime, smooth transitions, and possibly multiple launches too. For people who aren't that familiar with major coasters, look at what they're doing with Velocicoaster. Granted, that one is made to be extreme to the max, but its clearly going to be very comfortable, elegant, and smooth. Unlike RRC which isn't enough that fast or extreme -- RRC just isn't comfortable or smooth at all. A total 90s Vekoma looper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom